“Nice room, no view”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Champaign, Illinois
“Nice room, no view”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Paris hotel over Valentine's weekend. Being a total rewards member, our room for the 3 nights was comped. We arrived around midnight on the 14th and only had to wait about 10 minutes to check in. We had a red premier room located on the 26th floor. The room seemed to be newly renovated so that was nice but we were facing the back of the hotel so no view to speak of. Everything was nice and clean but the room was on the small side. This really doesn't bother me though because we spend very little time in the room. I just want it to be CLEAN and it was. Housekeeping did a great job. We heard no noise at all during the night. The beds were wonderful. I usually have trouble sleeping in a hotel but I loved the beds. If you want a room I think you need to ask for a room that ends in odd numbers. They would face the strip. I have read many reviews about how smoky it is there and I didn't notice any smoke smell unless I was playing next to a smoker. Casino was tight but they all were! Overall a very nice stay and the location is right smack in the middle of the strip.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with a strip view...high floor
2 Thank honeydew78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,622)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Regina, Sask.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Paris is the perfect location across from the Bellagio, if you pay for an upgrade to strip view you can watch the fountains of Bellagio right across the street. I like the fact you can enter and leave your room without being forced to walk through the casino, my only beef, and why i won't stay again is the condition of the mattresses, way too soft, my back was killing me the whole time there, couldn't wait to get home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SocoboyRegina_Sask_
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

As far as luxury hotels go, all major hotels on the strip are fabulous to tour, visit and explore. When comparing all the major hotels on the strip, the Paris is a solid 4 out of 5. The location is great and nestled amongst all the major hotels such as Bally's, Bellagio, Cesars Palace, Aria.

We were a group of 14 and we had 3 variation of rooms. The renovated rooms in red on the higher floors look fabulous. We saw one on the 25th floor.

We were on the 18th floor which was nice as well. We had a corner room overlooking the Bellagio and was able to watch the water show each from our window. The room was clean and spacious but not the same caliber as the renovated one that we saw on the 25th floor.

One of our friends had a room on the 11th floor which was nice, basic, clean but lacked a coffee maker.

If you enjoy the French flair, cafes, crepes, this is the hotel for you to enjoy.

The casino was enjoyable and nice that it didn't suck all my money. I was actually able to play for a few hours over the 5 days and walked away $100 up!

The Housekeeping staff were great and always pleasant.

There were no big attraction/shows that drew our attention at the Paris. However, we booked tickets for Ka at the MGM which was great. We like the Cirque du Soleil shows and try to catch a different one each time we head out to Vegas.

I've walked through the Paris hotel on previous trips but this was the first time we stayed in it. This hotel and some of similar age are showing some wear. With a little bit of refreshing, these hotels can gain back their luster.

Considering the vacation package we booked, we definately got our money's worth. Yes, if you want internet, it was $15/day. My brother and his family stayed at the Venetian and they had to pay a resort fee of $20/day which included internet. The Venetian is a truly beautiful hotel but you do need to pay the daily resort fee. Pricing is all relative.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TravellingSpirit2000
san antonio
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here Feb 16-17, 2013 and was shocked at how dirty and run down this place has become. I had stayed here in 2005 and it was nice then. I think the same dog gnawed furniture is in the rooms no updates and possibly the same mattress. I am no hotel snob but this place is gross. We will not be staying there again. Our friends had a different room and they said their room was nasty too.

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank basore1
Sacramento
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Las Vegas and we were very pleased with this hotel. We visited a number of the big hotels both on the strip and downtown and Paris seemed to strike the best balance between opulence and comfort. It wasn't over the top as some were but the themeing of the common areas like a Paris boulevard was really enjoyable. The casino seemed more "open" than many of the others and overall just made us feel comfortable and at home. A few pros and cons -

Pros -

The room was perfect, it was amazingly quiet, we never heard any of our neighbors and everything was clean and in perfect working order.

Great variety of eating establishments, unlike some venues, you could find a place to eat without breaking the bank.

Concierge and staff in general was very friendly and helpful.

The bathrooms, casino floor and common areas appeared much cleaner more "picked up" than many other casinos.

Cons -

There was a long line for checkin when we arrived, could be we just happened to pick a bad time.

The acoustics in the casino were pretty bad. At night a band plays in one of the clubs and the volume is overpowering if you are gambling anywhere nearby, we usually don't mind loud music etc, but this just felt like "noise" it actually drove us out of one section of the casino area.

Chateau, the house club was a joke, there's no themeing etc and the ONLY way you can sit down is if you order bottle service at a table. Thank goodness we got in for free, stay away until they redo it. Also very little "mainstream" dance music, mostly just unrecognizeable hip hop.

EL MIRAGE, AZ
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited Paris hotel in Las Vegas this past weekend and loved it. Our room was facing the Bellagio and their beautiful water show. We couldn't have asked for a better view. The room itself was cute and quaint. Old French country style. Very quiet for a gigantic Vegas hotel. We will be back...although it would be nice if the Paris casino would let you win sometimes. They were very stingy in that regard!

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing the strip and don't forget to tip when you ask
4 Thank KRISTEN H
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ug; Let me start by saying that I am a “glass half full” type of person. I prefer to not write critical reviews, but in the case of Paris, the Pros simply didn’t outweigh the Cons in terms of the full picture – property, room comfort and sleep, amenities, service, etc.

I booked this trip for our family of four to travel to Vegas to see P!nk on 2/15/13. I knew we wanted to be in Paris because my daughter had mentioned that she really wanted to stay there. She is a middle school French student – we figured she would get a kick out of it. I had read the reviews and taken them with a grain of salt and, while the cost of the stay was only $40 pp less than staying at Bellagio, I booked. I won’t stay here again, given for a few dollars more, we would have had a much more beautiful space, far more amenities and better service.

I think the best way to describe the place is like an Econolodge on high-end beachfront property. Its in the middle of the happening area on the strip and within walking distance to many, many things that we wanted to do and see. I had expected, from its location, photos, for the hotel to have lovely French appointments, and equipped rooms, and be competitive with properties nearby – Bellagio, Caesar’s, Venetian, etc.

When we checked in, we were offered an upgrade for $45 a night (incl tax) to a strip view room OR a newly renovated room. I chose the strip view since it was the kids first time, having no idea the un-renovated rooms were quite frankly, in desperate need of renovation. The reason I didn't choose a renovated room is bc we wanted that strip view, and no renovated strip-views were available. What we found in our “upgraded” room was three of four chairs with stains on the seat upholstery (ew), cigarette burns on the carpet, no mini-bar at all, every piece of furniture was chipped and dinged, in-room lighting that was like my parents’ living room lamps from the 70s, and that hadn’t been cleaned in ages given the tarnish and grime build up.

Our phone was filthy – and I mean awful. The buttons, phone surface and handset was covered in grime and had clearly not been cleaned in ages. I wouldn’t let the kids touch it. Also, someone had clearly spilled coke or something under the plexiglass on top of the phone and shorted out all of the direct-dial buttons on our phone, so they didn’t work for housekeeping, room service concierge, etc. I called the front desk and told them about the problem, expecting that they would send up a new phone. Nope. They just said that I should dial 0 for the rest of our stay and they would transfer me to wherever I needed to be transferred. I guess I would have expected them to want to send a new phone and didn’t get the service I had expected…

The Pros: (there are a couple)
• The staff is nice enough and as accommodating as they could be; we checked in early, and as opposed to paying the $28 early check in, we were offered an upgrade $40 per night for two nights to a bugger room and strip view, no early check in fee. We ended up paying more, but for the kids’ first Vegas trip, that was worth it.
• Location is great and we given that we upgraded to a strip view that overlooked the pool -that was really nice; the view was awesome.
• The room itself, despite furnishings, was spacious enough for four of us; we could have used more drawers (there were only three shallow drawers in the entire room).
• We were on the 11th floor, and despite having to sign that we understood that we may hear club music, the hall was so quiet at night; I was pleasantly surprised.
• Beds were quite comfortable; not quite Bellagio comfortable, but nonetheless.
• Our room had a mini-fridge, which I wasn’t expecting – that made it easy to purchase snacks and “breakfasty” items in the shops and bring them back.

Did we still have a great time? Of course – the trip is what we make it, as that is how my family rolls. Man oh man, I wish I had spent the additional $, instead of on an upgrade at Paris, on that room at Bellagio.

I have stayed in four different properties in Vegas (Aria, Bellagio, Hilton Grand Vacations and Paris), and unfortunately, have to rate this property at the bottom of the list. Glad we did it, but we will not be back.

Room Tip: Ask if you can upgrade to a newly renovated room ($45 per night) - I think had we done this, many of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family