“Nice location and the room reasonably priced”
Review of Paris Las Vegas

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #56 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Paris is an interesting hotel on the Vegas strip. The base of the Eiffel Tower extends into the casino and you can pay to take a ride to the top for a view of Las Vegas. On arriving I had to drag luggage through the casino to the lobby. As a note there is smoking allowed on the casino floor. Check - in seems to take a long time here compared to other places I have stayed. The room I had was small but comfortable. Others commented that their rooms were a little old and dated, but mine was not. There are many shops at the casino level in an alley way connecting the Paris to Balley's. Also Balley's is where you can grab the monorail.
Outside on the street, you are directly across from the Bellagio. If you are lucky enough to have a room facing this direction you can have a bird's eye view of the fountain show. To the left of the Paris is the Planet Hollywood Hotel and across the street from that is the New Coty Center. It is loaded with high end stores for shopping. To the right is Balley's and a few blocks up Treasure Island, the Wynn and the Venetian. The Paris is conveniently located if you do not mind walking. But walking is the cheapest and best way to get around on the strip, just bring good walking shoes and spend your time avaoiding the card pushers who are constantly trying to get you take one of their cards. That is perhaps the most annoying thing about Las Vegas.
The Paris has a small bar located not far from the lobby. It is a good place to people watch. If the bar scene does not appeal, take a walk down the hall and you will find a coffee and pastry shop with seating near the hall. IT is very crowded in the morning. Across from that is one of these casino buffets. There is always a line for it.
My complaint about the Paris is that it is difficult to find a hotel employee to ask questions. If you go back to the lobby you must get in the long cattle line before you can get to the desk to ask a simple question. I found the Concierge line to be as bad. The best bet for information is to speak to the guys handling the luggage and the cabs. They are more accessible and provide some great information as to where to eat and shows to see. Check out was easier than checking in. The oddity is that if you wish to check your luggage while you visit more, you have to exit the hotel and find one of the guys handling cabs. They will give you a ticket and store the luggage for you. Usually I have had that handled inside the hotels I have stayed at and did not have to venture outside. Must be something French.

Room Tip: Don't get near the elevator as traffic continues all night
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is the classic bait & switch game. When reserving rooms, they show you the nicest rooms and let you think you are reserving a room with a specific configuration (i.e. king-size bed, no-smoking). When I arrived, after waiting close to 30 minutes to check-in, (more on that in a minute), I was informed that they would be putting me in a room with two queen size beds. When I told them that I had reserved a king-size bed, they told me that is only a request. They do not guarantee room preference. If I wanted, I could stay in a king-size smoking room, or pay extra to upgrade to a suite with a king-size bed. When I said I was not happy with that, the desk-clerk shrugged me off, gave me keys to the room, and told me where to go. I called the hotel service where they tried to insist that when I signed up, it indicates that room requests are not guaranteed and suggested a room with two queen size beds is the equivalent of a room with a king size bed. I wholeheartedly disagree with that assessment, a room with a king size bed is the same as a room with a king size bed. I also suggested that if they have better rooms that do have a king size bed, they should put me in the room with the king size bed. I also pointed out that the reservation also says every effort would be made to meet customer preference, but that they weren't making every effort if they have nicer rooms with a king-size bed. They offered me the smoking room again.

I do not understand why they can't be more specific with room types when reserving rooms. I travel all over the country for work and when I make reservations, I'm able to choose room type and even told up front if a specific type of room is not available and I can make reservations elsewhere. This is very poor service. My consolation from customer service is that I can have late check-out on Saturday. Which really does me no good. I have an 11:00am flight home. If they wanted to do something nice, they should offer me a free meal or free wi-fi or the like.

As for the check-in service in general. They have a line for platinum members and one for general check-in. The general line was long and getting longer while I waited. As I mentioned, it was nearly 30 minutes to check-in. The wait-staff were not very friendly and seemed incredibly slow. As a customer would leave, they would spend a minute or two, re-organizing themselves and trying to look busy rather than call over the next customer. I understand that it is probably not very interesting work, but when the line is getting longer, it seems like a little effort should be made to address the growing line (beyond the turnstyles at this point.) I also watched as three service personnel packed up and left in that period of time, with no additional personnel coming in to fill the increased demand. They may bill this is a luxury hotel, but it is not.

4  Thank MaxOverD
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed November 1 - 3 and had no issues at all. Very pleasant stay. Arrived around 1:30 pm and chose to pay the additional $15 to check in early. They had a room with 2 queens on the back side of 12th floor ready so we took it. Nice room with large bathroom, flat screen tv and refrigerator. The room was a little worn, but not as bad as I was expecting from the reviews I read on here. Being on the back side, the room was very quiet, even on Friday night. Was pleased with the property and would stay here again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We go to Las vegas once a year for a pool tournament, and the buffett at the Paris Hotel is a must, I think breakfast running into lunch time is my favorite time to go, then you get the best of both world's.
Very nice staff, which can be very hard to do as this buffett get's very busy.

If you have the time and the appetite, you can buy a 24 hour eating pass, at any of the following hotels, that must be used in a 24 hour period at 3 restaurants for around 36-$40 pp. Rio, Paris, Bally's Caesars, are included in that pass.
If you can do this, it's a great value, as going and eating separately at buffetts are at least $25 to $35 pp

1  Thank vngonz
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Being a total rewards diamond member has it's benefits and one was getting a comp room for 3 nights at the Paris, Las Vegas. It was my second trip to Las Vegas and I really wanted to stay in a great location. My first stay was at the Stratosphere which was all the way to the end of the strip.

The hotel as I mentioned is at a great location, right opposite to the Bellagio. I was not expecting a great room since it was comped. But to my surprise, the room turned out to be really great. Being a diamond member, the check in was very smooth. I hate all the cigaratte smoke in the casino though as we have to go past the slot machines to check in. We have a one year old and I thought it would have been great if I didnt have to walk through all the smoke. Minor inconvenience I guess. The room was very well maintained with a luxurious bed and bathroom. The only inconvenience was the walk to the craps tables :) but I guess I wouldnt mind that. The view from the room was not that great.

We had break fast from the property once and I have to say that it was outstanding. The place is so crowded but the wait staff do smile at the patrons and make sure we have a good time.

Overall a very good experience.

Room Tip: Always try to get a comp from casinos :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, upgraded ourselves to a suite, - not worth the extra dollars, nice bathroom but room was not much difference than standard room - except the couch and the coffee maker - which is nice tough that rooms should have but don't. Carpets in hallways to parking need cleaning and most of the walls in the entrance from garage. Elevators to garage were very dirty. We actually thought the hotel needed some attention, used to be a lot more elegant. Casino is terrible - old machines.......music from the bands around casino were so loud we had to go to another casino.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Paris, nice room, nice pool, great location on the Las Vegas strip, it charged the best price per night of all the Hotels we checked out on the strip, I had two complaints, no coffee pot in the room and they charged for internet services, that might be normal on the strip, but it still annoyed me, other then that we really enjoyed our week in Las Vegas.