“Stay Away!!! Stay On The Sidewalk, It Will Be Better!!”
Review of Paris Las Vegas

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #58 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 23, 2008

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD. I had an "engineer" come into our room while I was changing, not 20 minutes after we checked in and WITH NO WARNING, no call, not even a knock.
We let that go.

Our safe didn't work, so we called to have it fixed and were told someone would be up to our room in a few minutes. Try a few hours! He couldn't get it to work, so two hours later, another guy came up to fiddle with it. Most of our day was spent waiting for this when we had told the front desk when we called that it could wait and we had plans for the day.
We let that go.

After a night out, we put the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on our door before going to bed. The housekeeper come by three times to knock and see if you wanted the room cleaned. When she kept getting turned away, housekeeping CALLED our room. When my boyfriend told her that we had a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on our door and had not been able to sleep for more than an our at a time, her response was "The sign doesn't say DO NOT DISTURB AT ALL." I have never seen one of those.
We called the front desk.
BIG MISTAKE. The manager on duty had to be one of the rudest, most ignorant, and ill mannered creatures I have ever had the misfortune to communicate with.

We ordered room service and EVERY SINGLE TIME, our order was late, missing something, and virtually inedible. We got coffee and no cups, food with no silverware with which to eat it, breakfast for one when we had ordered two, and cold, soggy, or dried out items that had not survived the hours between being cooked and delivered.

On one occasion, I called housekeeping and, upon getting the enthusiastically barked "HOUSEKEEPING," I said "Hello, how are you?" and got a lovely "uh huh" in response.

Asking for turn down service, I was told it was not available on our floor at all. Another "manager" said it was available after two days, and yet another said it was available, but having spent so long trying to get the right answer on the matter, it was now too late to get done that day.

Requesting bathrobes, which EVERY hotel provides, we were told that they would be sent up, then told that we had to get them at the spa (huh?) then that we had to BUY them, then informed that we had to get passes at the spa to get them, and finally, the hotel does not provide bathrobes to its guests.

When my boyfriend called room service once, the response he got to his "Good morning, I'd like to order room service" was "Where are you from?" Apparently he had an accent no one else had managed to pick up on.

EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL WAS AWFUL! I cannot get over the terrible treatment , bad manners, lack of respect to their guests, absolutely unacceptable behavior of management, and utter disrespect one receives at this miserable hotel.

When we told our friends and family about our stay, those who had been there laughed and told us they had warned us, those who had not thought it was a joke.

We always stay at the Wynn, which is, without a single doubt, THE ABSOLUTE BEST hotel in Vegas, but had thought to try a new place once. Sorry, Wynn. We've learned our lesson and will never stray again. We go to Vegas very, very frequently and will never ruin a trip like this again.

• Stayed: December 2007
11  Thank kissyou
There are newer reviews for Paris Las Vegas

Reviewed February 21, 2008

I've been going to Las Vegas at least twice a year for the last 6 years. The Paris was always on my list of places I wanted to stay. In October, 2007 I finally stayed there and was less then impressed.

Let me start out by saying I got married in Vegas on 10/20/07 and had 60 of my closest friends and family out there with me, most of which stayed at The Paris as well!

The Paris is a beautiful hotel! The outside is FULL of gorgeous detail and style. The inside is awesome, like the streets of Paris. In my opinion the most beautiful area inside The Paris is Registration, it's gorgeous!

However, The rooms are less then impressive! Honostly the rooms at Hooters (which are half the price) have more bells, whistles, and comfort. The rooms are small and don't have closets which can be a real pain in the rear especially when you have more then two people staying in your room.

I also had a situation with the staff the night of my Bachelorette party. I was locked out of my room and my fiance (at the time) was sleeping "soundly" in the room and didn't wake up to my knocking or phone calls. I went to the front desk where I was talked down to and told unless I thought he wasn't breathing they would not let me in. I showed them ID and everything and yes, the room was in my NAME! When I became "appropriately" upset. The man at the desk told me I was being unreasonable! Maybe it was because it was the week of my wedding and I wasn't comfortable lying/pretending that I thought my fiance was dead ....just to get into my hotel room (that was in my name, whice I had paid GOOD MONEY FOR)! I appreciate security however, I don't appreciate someone pulling rank and being difficult just because. Basically it took me approaching a less "unreasonable" staff member to finally get to the bottom of the issue and get into my room.

I think this situation was a huge turn off for me. However, had my room and the rest of my service during my stay been EXCELLENT it probably would have been forgotten about......That wasn't the case!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank VegasBride102007
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Checked in Friday, Feb 8 around 4:30pm and were told that there were only double rooms available. I said that was not acceptable so the gal kept looking and got us a nice king room on the 7th floor that overlooked the pool. We could also see part of the fountains of the Belagio (the rest was blocked by the Effel Tower). The window was so dirty that the view as kind of ruined, otherwise I could have parked myself in front of that window for hours - great people watching at the pool that entertained us to tears. If you don't get the room you want, keep asking-don't settle and a room will eventually "magically" appear. From the other veiws I have read, this seems to be their way of doing business.
Great location in the center of the strip.

4  Thank FrozenDesert
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Stayed at the Paris for 3 nights (2/15-2/18) and have no complaints. Check in was very easy, few people in line and it went quickly. Was given room "548P" a king bed on a non-smoking floor (which was requested). The room was on a corner and had windows on 2 sides.. the only down side is they both faced parking garages. This wasn't that big of a deal as we were rarely in our room. The bathroom had seperate shower/bath and included a hairdryer and also tolietries (shampoo,conditioner,shower cap, mouth rinse, lotion & shower gel).
Called housekeeping to get an extra blanket and it came in a timely manner.The housekeeping staff did a great job of cleaning the room. Wake up call came when expected. Used the express checkout so can't comment on that but as we were leaving there were only about five people in line.
Over all this was a great hotel to stay at and I would stay here again and recommend to others.

8  Thank leogirlyd
Reviewed February 19, 2008

The Paris Hotel is really nice architecturally. We stayed in one of the standard “luxury” rooms which was fine for us since we arrived at about 1am and were checking out the next morning to move into the Bellagio. We had a nice view of the strip and the bathroom was really nice and big. My only complaint would be that we asked for a king bed and we were given 2 queens instead. The sheets were a little rough but the room served its purpose. We would probably try one of the renovated rooms next time.

We did eat at Le Village Buffet one night and the food was very good. The line was long even though we got there right when it opened for dinner. The service was great. Our server was quite attentive. There were two things I would point out. There is only one restroom (one stall) in the restaurant and the line can be long. I was disappointed that many of the signs in French were wrong. Right when you enter the line to pay for the buffet, there are four signs and all of them were incorrect in some way. I thought it was kind of funny since they obviously went to a lot of hassle in getting many of the other details right.

We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel because we wanted to try Ellis Island Restaurant which is 2 blocks behind the hotel. It was about a 10 minute walk. They have a steak and eggs breakfast special for $3.99. It’s not on the menu and it’s not on the “specials” board. You have to ask for it. You get a nice size, really tasty steak, cooked the way you want it, 2 eggs, home fries and toast all for $3.99. Plus, I usually won about $20 on the nickel slots after each breakfast so it was always free. The service is friendly and fast and the food is good. You won’t get any eggs benedict here but you’ll get good hearty food.

9  Thank bluechelly
Reviewed February 18, 2008

The Paris Hotel and Casino hosted a tremedous SuperBowl weekend. As it turns out, SuperBowl Weekend is one of the busiest times in Las Vegas. I was skeptical about Paris as our Home Base, however given its location, and proximity to Bally's, Caesar's, and Bellagio...how bad could it be? Not to mention as a Total Rewards member, the room nights were comped. So, who's complaining. Well certainly not me. We ended up in the Lemans Suite. Upon arrival the room, we discovered someone else's belongings in the room. The staff worked quickly to fix the "problem" and gave us another LeMans suite on a higer floor that had been renovated. The room was basically a large ~ 700 square feel complete with 50 in. flat screen HDTV with a King bed and the room connected to another room with 2 queens and another 50 in. TV. It is the appoximate size of a normal room ~ 350 Square Feet. This was plenty of room for 2 guys.

The casino was really nice with high ceilings. I liked the theme and really enjoyed gambling there. Drink service was great. Never had to wait.

We played golf a Paiute Golf Club, which is about a 25-30 minute drive. It was about the most affordable course for Super Bowl Weekend. They have 3 courses there, and they're designed by Pete Dye. We played the Wolf course complete with Island green. GIR, but 3-putted. We payed about $135. Nice clubhouse and the course was in good shape. Greens were brown, but rolled fast and true. I was floored by this. They looked terrible, but were the kind of greens you expect when you pay this kind of money.

Anyways, the diamond lounge is very nice and convenient to the casino. We ate breakfast at the restaurant next to the buffet. Can't remember the name, but it was pricey. About $40 for 2. It was good, but would have been happy with a Denny's, Waffle House, or Cracker Barrel type of breakfast and price. Long line for buffet. I have read this in the past, so I don't have a good solution for this.

I liked being connected to Bally's. We gambled there as well. Sometimes they will offer lower table limits. $15 on craps (one table) and $25 on the others. All the tables at Paris are $25 and during busy times will have one that is $50 or $100. BTW, on Sunday night after the game, all the craps tables at Caesar's were $100 and only one $25 table. All of the tables were full.
The crews/dealer's at Paris were very pleasant and helpful. They would get into the action, but the boxmen/pitbosses were mostly standoffish. I like interacting with these guys, but they hardly spoke, even when engaged. It appeared that they simply wanted to be somewhere else. But, they ARE at work. And everyone has their days. Housekeeping was great. I called down at 5 PM for service, went to dinner and 2 hours later had a clean room.

I would recommend Paris to anyone who wants to be in the heart of the strip and likes to gamble in a unique setting. Service, hotel employees, and facilities were great.

BTW, we were lucky enough to get some armbands for their VIP Superbowl party and it was amazing. Can you say, 8 x 20 ft. screens, and all the food and drink you can stand. AWESOME!!!!

I plan on returning in a few months. I can't wait.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank TIMGeorgia
Reviewed February 11, 2008

My wife and I travelled to Las Vegas in January 08 for our friends wedding and chose the hotel entirely on the basis that it was handy for the Bellagio where they were getting married.

We have visited Vegas once in the past in 2006 and stayed at the MGM Grand that time in one of their new West Wing rooms so that was our "benchmark" for this trip.

Initial impressions were good - we were efficiently and quickly checked in and offered an upgrade to a "strip view" for $45 extra per night. I wanted a view of the Bellagio fountains so agreed to the upgrade.

I was initially disappointed with the room itself. It did not appear anywhere near as luxurious as the room we'd had at the MGM Grand, however after a good nights sleep I had a good look around and the room was actually quite well appointed. I think the old fashioned decor is by design to give the rooms a "olde world parisian feel".

The rooms have everything you need - even the mini-bar was reasonably priced. (Beer out of the mini-bar was actually cheaper than in the bars in the casino). My only gripe would be that there was no free internet access which I kind of expect nowadays.

We had one issue with a blocked toilet, however we went out in the morning and this had been fixed by the time we returned.

The hotel and casino itself is much easier to navigate than the MGM Grand. The whole place is quite compact by Vegas standards which makes for a nice atmosphere (plus your legs don't hurt as much from walking around).

I can recommend the Paris Creparie for a morning snack - the best crepes I've tasted outside of France.

Overall, Paris has much to recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
16  Thank sonofagunn