“Perfect little wedding”

and up
Private Las Vegas Airport to Hotel Luxury Limousine Transfer
Ranked #44 of 258 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Family owned and operated since 1971, A Special Memory Wedding Chapel is the Las Vegas wedding destination! We offer everything from Traditional elegant chapel ceremonies to the classic Las Vegas Drive Thru experience. Our Adventure Weddings provide a once in a lifetime opportunity to get married in a remote location, fly in a helicopter or have a true western wedding on the edge of the Grand Canyon and so much more.Our proximity to the Las Vegas Strip and Fremont Street Experience provides total convenience and allows us to utilize an awesome set of local resources, giving us the ability to arrange any style of theme of wedding you desire.We are a full service wedding center unlike any other in the world. No matter what type of wedding you have in mind our goal is to help you make your wedding day A Special Memory that will last a lifetime!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
London, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect little wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We got married here on May 18th, 2013. We chose the small chapel which was perfect for us. The minister we had was wonderful. The photographer took fantastic photos, we just love them. The ceremony was very short (which I guess is expected when getting married in Vegas), however I don't agree with the minister handing you the envelope to put her gratuity in (which has written on it $60-$100). I think for the 5-10 mins the ceremony was, this is a little high, but again, it's Vegas. Our limo driver Brandon, was very nice and friendly and professional. I would recommend this chapel to anyone looking for a small, simple ceremony.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Kitten74

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A special memory...kind of!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

My hubby and I had planned our wedding at a Special Memory over the Internet for months and had everything organised down to a tee! We both live in Spain, so as you can imagine, we were very apprehensive as to what to expect but had read some really good reviews on here! We went to the chapel the day before our wedding just to make sure that everything was in place and to order some more flowers for our bridesmaids. We were impressed at how beautiful the chapel was, very clean surroundings and helpful staff. When we left, the limo driver even offered to drive us back to a taxi point so we could jump in a cab back to our hotel. It was about a 15 minute drive from the Las Vegas strip. On the day of the wedding we were picked up by two limos, which were absolutely fine, no complaints. My hubby and his party arrived first and he was ushered into the chapel so he didn't see me before I walked down the aisle. The ceremony went well, apart from the music...I had given them my own CD which was played far too quietly, no one could even hear the words. The song was also playing for way too long before I walked down the aisle...from where I was standing I was unable to hear this and was relying on the staff to tell me when to walk down, but it all seemed very unorganised. The DVD of the ceremony is not the best quality and a lot of our friends and family had trouble viewing it online. Our minister was Sarah, who was lovely and said some beautiful things - however, the whole ceremony was over in minutes!! Not at all what I expected...we all felt a bit rushed. Our photographer at the chapel was good and took some lovely pictures which we are very happy with. There were 46 in total, on a CD.
After the ceremony and photos the staff got quite rude...it almost seemed as though, the wedding was over and they wanted us out! We did not fully understand our wedding certificate as it was a copy and not a legal document and we had to wait around for a long time for our photos! When we asked questions, they could barely be bothered to answer and one man in particular had a very bad attitude! After our wedding we had booked a limo photo tour of the strip which was brilliant! Our photographer was brilliant and took some amazing photos and spent so much time making us all comfortable and definitely knew his stuff! We had champagne in the limo but our wedding cake was "forgotten".
All in all, I would recommend other couples to get married in this chapel due to how beautiful it is...however, I think some of the staff need to improve their people skills and start realising that this is people's big day and it needs to be special the whole way through...after care has been poor.

1 Thank samwalkerx
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon Helicopter Wedding - AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We decided to do something out of the ordinary for our wedding, so we booked the Grand Canyon wedding through A Special Memory. Irina at A Special Memory coordinated everything, and made it really easy for us. All the planning was accomplished in 3 or 4 e-mails and a couple of phone calls. We (bride, groom, and 2 guests) were picked up at our hotel in a limo and taken to the marriage bureau to pick up our license. Getting the license took a total of about 3 minutes, and we were off to the helipad. We were provided with a flower and bouquet, as well as a bottle of champagne and a cake (which we saved for later - very tasty) and met with our minister and photographer. We didn't have to wait long, and we all boarded the helicopter for our flight to the Grand Canyon. The flight was only about 45 minutes, and our pilot pointed out the sights along the way. Then, we landed INSIDE the Grand Canyon in a beautiful, picturesque spot just a little while before sunset. So cool. The ceremony was very quick, but nice, and our photographer took lots of great pictures. After a couple of glasses of champagne, we were back on the helicopter for the flight back to Vegas. We flew over the strip as the sun was going down, which was great, and then landed back at the helipad. Our limo driver was there waiting for us, and took us back to the hotel. From beginning to end, the experience was about 4 hours, and we were lucky to have a fantastic driver, minister, photographer and pilot. The next day we stopped by the chapel and our CD of photos was ready as promised. The pictures were great! This was a truly unforgettable experience, and couldn't have gone any better. Thanks for a wonderful wedding experience!!!

9 Thank Jeff U
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful venue, staff not very professional”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I live in Las Vegas and chose A Special Memory Chapel for my "Special Day". The staff at the chapel obviously had other plans for my day. Once they were paid they became very rude, I had been working with Stephanie who was great, but she was not there on my wedding day. I had my own minister (paid the minister on staff anyway), I booked 30 minutes for my ceremony and the staff told me I only had 15 minutes of which they took up 10 minutes being very unprofessional. I will admit that we were 7 minutes late, and we were charged 100.00 for that. Even with that, I stood in their lobby with my bridal party and a chapel full of guest and was told that I could not use my own minister, and that they were going to ask my guest to leave and I would need to reschedule, WHO DOES THAT!!!!!!! My guest were subjected to all of this nonsense because there was a mic on my fiance (embarrassment). After all of THEIR foolishness we were allowed to have the ceremony. My bridal party was rushed down the aisle, I didn't even hear the music as I walked down the aisle, the dvd is definitely not professional and last but not least my limo ride was a joke. The limo driver asked where we were going and we felt like we were in a taxi. No champagne in the limo, not even a bottle of water. My Special Memory was more like a nightmare. My advice to couples coming to Vegas to get married is to beware of the chapels, they just want to get paid and have no consideration for the bride and groom.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Susie R
Specialmemory, Owner at A Special Memory Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you feel we have a
beautiful venue. Regarding your review, I'm sorry that you feel your
wedding day didn't turn out the way you thought it would. At our chapel we
strive to make EVERY wedding special and memorable, and because of that
there are certain guidelines we go by to make sure that happens. First of
all, regarding the minister, like every chapel in Las Vegas we provide
ministers at the chapel who perform the ceremony and understand the
allocated time given in the chapel. However, if it is planned ahead we do
allow someone else to perform the ceremony in the chapel as long as we are
provided proof that they are licensed in the state of Nevada. For people
that have their own minister that is not licensed we allow them to
participate in the ceremony our minister has to pronounce them. On your
wedding day you showed up with your own minister without ever contacting the
chapel about it. You also did not book the chapel for 30min. We are happy
to allow extra time in the chapel, but this also needs to be planned ahead
of time, so the other weddings that are booked that same day are able to
have the wedding they want as well. Secondly, the reason why your wedding
began late, was because your wedding party arrived 20 mins late and not
prepared to start the wedding. Again we have specific guidelines at the
chapel to make sure EVERY wedding goes as planned, and one of those is to
arrive at the chapel at least 15 mins early, if late there is a rescheduling
fee accessed because the weddings after yours are on time and they shouldn't
have their day affected because of someone else. That is the reason for the
charge and you were aware of that before your wedding day. No one was
asking your guest to leave the property, we kindly asked everyone to step
out of the chapel, and we wanted to give you more time to get situated while
we did the other wedding that was on time. Thirdly, because we are a
Wedding Chapel we have multiple limo drivers and each one is assigned to a
specific wedding. Because you were late, it not only affects the other
weddings scheduled, it also affects our limo drivers and their schedules.
Due of this we had to assign you a different limo driver to take you back,
and because he didn't bring you he wanted to make sure he had all of your
information correct. There is not champagne provided in the limo, but there was cold bottled water provided in the limo for your
convenience. Sorry for any confusion, for the record, I have tried to
contact you by phone. I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to call or
email me. My email is joshua@aspecialmemory.com or my # is 702-384-2211.
Phalaborwa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wedding Photo's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were promised our photo's would be published and a link was provided to download the same . Till today no photo's. This is upsetting as we are sitting in South Africa and it seem that we cannot do anything about it as we have no response from this chapel. Sad for America.We renewd our vows on 15 April 2013. Gert and Jacqueline Harmse. Cell: +27 83 7009 406

3 Thank Gert H
Specialmemory, Owner at A Special Memory Wedding Chapel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. The only email that we received from you was on our Facebook page today May 6, 2013. We responded immediately informing you that the link you were provided with works, and your photos are uploaded for viewing. Your photos have been available for viewing since April 18th... 3 days after your wedding took place. Per our policy and the document you signed states, photos will be uploaded and ready for viewing within 5 days. We also provided the link "again" in our response email to you today, to make sure that you were typing in the correct link address. There has been no response on your part to our email as of yet. I have also sent you a personal email through TripAdvisor. Because we strive to provide the best service to our brides and grooms, and since everything was done on our part to provide you with your photos, I want to make sure the confusion your experiencing is handled, and that you are able to view your beautiful photos, since they are a very important part of your day. I'm here to help in anyway, please feel free to contact me via email at joshua@aspecialmemory.com or you can call the chapel toll free at 1-800-962-7798.

Best Regards,