“Safe but Isolated”

Ranked #129 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Orlando, Florida
“Safe but Isolated”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Holiday Inn Flamingo Las Vegas-Room 320, Dates of stay 26-29 May 2011.
We arrived after 10pm so no free shuttle from airport. Taxi was about $15 with tip. Check-in with Jeff was easy. He changed our room from a king to two queens. There is no advantage being a Priority club member as there are no upgrades because there are only two types of rooms. The website mentioned executive floor but nothing such exists according to one of the front desk guys. We had breakfast included-not a $10 voucher as advertised but a coupon for an entrée and one drink (juice or coffee but not both). Room was ok with view towards vacant lot so quiet. A/C worked well, nice tv with limited channels. Comfortable chair with lamp in corner. Light bulb replaced in lamp between beds as requested. Bathroom nice with low tub-easy to step out of. Toilet didn’t always flush on first try. Shampoo, cream, soap provided and ok. Plenty of towels. Shuttle was ok and usually available but only to preset locations. We would take to strip and then wander back on foot. Usually stopped at Tuscany on the way back. Terribles nearby but very smoky because of poor ventilation. I won’t return there again unless staying within area. No complaints with front desk staff. For breakfast, try to get lady. One older man seemed bothered to serve and took 3 requests to get ice water. One younger guy was ok but lady was the best. We didn’t use the pool or exercise room but did print out boarding passes for our return flight. They stored our luggage since our flight wasn’t until 5 pm. Great shuttle ride to airport. Biggest scare was waking up at 3 am with no electricity. It was dark since there was no emergency lighting in room. Phone didn’t work so I used cell phone to call front desk (fortunately, I had called when we were to arrive late so number was still in recent call list) Nice lady said whole block was out but not sure why. I was a little concerned because who would notify us if we had to escape. No lights so there would be lots of people in underwear or less evacuating! After about 45 minutes, electricity came back on so just a false alarm.
One strong recommendation: The Envy Steakhouse at the Renaissance for Sunday brunch. $29.95 includes bloody Mary station, wines, and French champagne plus omelettes and other breakfast selections, prime rib, shrimp, oysters on half shell, split crab legs, cheeses, desserts, and more. A Liberace type piano player with several older women made even more special. Have the shuttle take you to the convention center and walk back. We took the shuttle to the Venetian and walked and walked but found it and had the best Sunday brunch ever. A definite must do on the next trip.
I would probably not stay here again unless I got a great rate or couldn’t get one elsewhere. Most staff were nice, hotel was clean, but location was not the best. Stay here if you just need to relax or want to get away from crowds. Shuttle makes a very positive statement if you don’t arrive too late to use it.

4 Thank BerlinG-ParisF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I ordered the room from hotwire at $35/night. Definitely a good deal. I've been to holiday inn a couple times, and this one is by far the best. The whole place is fully renovated, my room is big and clean, with large 35inch TV and large bathroom. They have underground parking space so save us $20 in parking on strip. :D Free breakfast till 11am. Also free shuttle to strip. I will definitely go there next time, and next time I won't even rent a car. plus quite with out crazy drunk ppl walking around. :D highly recommend.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We actually stayed at another hotel in the heart of the strip. We were unhappy and paid quite a bit of money for a two night stay. We checked out and found the Holiday Inn, it is east of the strip. There is no gambling at this location. The room were CLEAN and the furniture is modern & had a 42" Sharp Aquos Plasma. The staff was very friendly, and they have laundry facilities. They also offer a shuttle to the strip If I visit Las Vegas again I would without a doubt stay here again.

2 Thank Dallas77_11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel was modern, beautiful, and clean. The beds were very comfortable but the main design flaw was having a large square wooden rim around the bed - sounds fine but I defy anyone to stay there and NOT bruise your legs on it at least twice a day! Apart from this however, the room was great with a large flatscreen TV.

The location was fine - approx 10-15 minutes walk from the Strip. There is a free hotel shuttle, but I am not sure this is reliable - we telephoned Reception to book our ride to the Strip but when we got downstairs we found that the shuttle had left to take someone to the airport.

Breakfast is provided depending on what rate you paid. We did not have breakfast provided but it is not difficult to find somewhere to eat in Vegas! Overall I would recommend this hotel and i would stay here again.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BigFatTourist
Bellflower, California
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay. Staff were very nice and accomodating. The rooms actually look like the pictures. It was roomy and clean. The bottom boards on bed I did stump my toe once. Breakfast was nice however I was bummed that there was no bar nor any other meals available then breakfast. Overall my stay was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank phisigchick
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed at this Holiday Inn after I was unsuccessful getting a decent priced room on the strip...

The hotel was super cute.

And cheap...

But best of all...The employees there were STELLAR...
\
You could tell that they were struggling because they were totally sold out, but they did their best, and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one!

I enjoyed my stay, and would recommend this hotel to others.

It was a buy for the buck!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank soundnlights666
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We approached this hotel after passing through the strip and were disappointed at the gloomy, dead look and approach to the hotel (as compared to Terribles, right opposite). The lady at the reception allocated the 3 of us in a small, cluttered room where we kept hurting our shins with the edges of the bulky excess furniture. After we had enough of bruises and the disappointment from the layout of the room, we made our minds to check out the next day to a better hotel. After letting the reception know about this, we were moved to a room with wheelchair access, which was MUCH bigger. My question: Why the hell didnt you give us this before. The bell boy who was helping us move was very friendly and kind. He seemed to know that the service in the hotel was pretty bad as compared to the other Holiday Inn hotels.
The breakfast was NOT a buffet as we thought. It was wholesome but Id prefer more variety in a buffet. I really cant understand why they do something unconventional like this.
Overall, as a platinum member I will make sure that I never stay at this location ever again. The reason is not just the ugly and cold approach road and the building but also the yellow swimming pool and lack of knowledge of enhancing customer experience by providing good service. Bursars were pretty fed up of the instructions that were given to them for the breakfast and they were also trying to run away from serving us (even though there was no one else to serve). We felt very un wanted and felt that our first trip to Vegas was ruined because of a bunch of careless people who are incompetent at managing a hotel. They never have people for room service. They really didnt care. Its a shame!! Avoid if possible!!

Room Tip: Take the room with wheelchair access; its bigger