Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsoff the stripspg propertyfree breakfastclose to the airporthotel staffconvention centernon smokingshuttlevegascasinolasuberfeessmokeaction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2011

The good: great price, rooms are modern but not sparse, free shuttle service with a smile, staff very nice, beds amazingly comfortable, crazy quiet
The bad: lobby and hallway carpets stained, room is small for more than two, you will bump your shins on metal bed frame a million times
The ugly: we had a horrible view of a vacant lot and run down apartments, not safe for walking alone outside after dark
Overall: we would stay here again based on the great quiet night sleep we got and caring staff. This is an average hotel for low-rollers like us

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank chelseaprice
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I spent three nights here while attending a conference on the Strip. My choice to stay here instead of the conference hotel saved me hundreds of dollars.

Service was outstanding on check-in and good in the restaurant for breakfast in the morning. Fortunately, I had no other needs to call on the staff while I was there.

The room itself was immaculate. My less-than perfect rating on cleanliness was in reference to the hallway carpets, which could use a good cleaning. I think this is more due to the high level of traffic Vegas hotels attract, however, rather than negligence by the staff.

Fellow guests were sometimes a bit rambunctious and monopolized the business center for researching tourist sites, but that's par for the course in a Vegas hotel.

As others have mentioned, parking is in a garage beneath the hotel. Pro Tip: Park on the very bottom level and you'll be able to get a spot right next to the elevators every time. The upper area was crowded during my stay, but there were rarely more than a few cars parked down at the bottom. The parking elevators go directly to the guest floors, too, so there's no need ever pass through the lobby on your way up or down.

I didn't try walking to the strip, but I could make it there in a couple of minutes by car without any issue. Proximity to the airport leads to some aircraft noise if the winds are blowing in a certain direction, but it wasn't sufficiently noticeable to be bothersome while I was there.

I ate at the restaurant one morning for breakfast. Some items are a better value than others, but I found a combo plate that filled me up nicely. Be careful, though: They have obviously been experimenting with different restaurant prices over time. I happened to see two different menus which listed the same items at different costs. Then, when the bill came, the amount I was charged was different from either of the menu prices. If anyone from management is reading this, you need make sure you throw out all the old menus.

Breakfast room service is provided by the hotel restaurant. Lunch and dinner room service is offered by Bucca di Beppo's down the street. I didn't try it, but I've enjoyed eating at Bucca in the past, so I'm sure it is great.

Overall, it was a great stay. I'd not hesitate to come back again the next time I'm in Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Phlyer
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My letter to this property after my stay:

My name is Mark Novak, and I travel for business about every other week.

While traveling on business February 21st, air traffic was disrupted by a large snowstorm that blanketed the upper Midwest, causing flight delays and cancellations and rerouting hundreds if not thousands of travelers. I was one of those unfortunate people who were caught in the middle, dealing with long lines, cranky people and unusual circumstances as I tried to get from Minneapolis to Salt Lake City. After seventeen hours and several changes in my itinerary, the closest I could get to my destination was by making my first-ever trip to Las Vegas, arriving after midnight and leaving early the next day to get to Salt Lake City - late for my business meeting. I caught a cab at the Las Vegas airport, and the driver attempted to find his way to the Holiday Inn on Palos Verdes - he didn't have much luck, and actually called the dispatcher and the hotel for directions before finally finding it just after 1:00 am on the 22nd.

I was exhausted by my seemingly endless day of travel, had no luggage, and just wanted to get a nap before starting over again in a few hours. I paid the cab driver too much money and entered the hotel lobby. The desk clerk, Donald, alerted of my arrival by the can driver's call, was ready for me. He was warm and friendly as he greeted me, happily provided toiletries to get me through until my luggage could find me, offered information about the return trip to the airport, and took my wake-up call request, all very efficiently and in a manner that I was grateful for after a trying day. I was in my room by 1:15.

A few hours later, my 5:00 am wake up call was prompt, and Donald was still cheerful and helpful. At my request, he called a cab company that took credit cards, offered me a cup of coffee, and chatted with me while I waited for my cab to arrive. As I got in the cab, he thanked me for my business, and wished me luck on my travels.

While the trip was ultimately a successful one, it had started by going form bad to worse - until your desk clerk changed my attitude by presenting his own positive attitude and cheerful outlook. I would like to take this opportunity to let you know I appreciated the hospitality, and would like you to pass this "thank you" on to Donald for helping me make a bad day better.

I have not maximized my stays at Holiday Inns in the past, instead I have stayed in higher-end properties with stuffy, unfriendly employees much too often.
If your front line employees are anything like Donald in Las Vegas, you will get more - and keep more - of my business and the business of my partners and associates.

Thank You, Donald!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mcnovak
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed here for 5 days to attend a conference. The hotel is off the strip but there are lots of dining options within walking distance - Bahama Breeze, Gordon Bierch?, etc. Easy location to drive into. Love the parking under the hotel - very safe, gate closes after 10 pm and opens with room key. Check in was fast and convenient, employees friendly.

Our room had a "view" of the strip, but also overlooked an empty lot full of trash. We didn't mind. We didn't pay for a view. Thought I should note this anyway because some people might not care for this type of view.

Our room was a standard size. Huge TV, but downside was there were no pay per view movies available. The room was nice and quiet until the last night there, we had neighbors (a bunch of loud partying kids) and you could then tell how thin the walls were. But the noise was before 9 pm, so we didn't make a big deal about it because they left by 9:30 pm. You can hear people walking in rooms above you too. We are heavy sleepers, but light sleepers might want the top floor. Beds/bedding was sooo comfortable. Bathrooms were modern and clean. Everything worked great.

The building seems new - everything smelled new. Overall we really like the convenience of the place. Less traffic being away from the strip. You definitely need a car to get to the strip unless you are in good physical condition -a walk!

I do have one complaint about the room. The bed is placed on a dark wood base which sticks out 2" further than the bed on all three sides. Oh my gosh. My husband and I are bruised on our shins from running into the wood corners of the bed. We stubbed our toes on it. When the comforter hangs over the bed, you cannot see the dark wood frame sticking out. I ran into it during the night and getting ready in the morning numerous times. Very very painful. After the 2nd day, we put both trash cans on the side of our bed to remind us to steer clear of the corners of the bed. The 1st night my husbands phone was ringing. He got up to run to get his phone, ran into the wood corner of the bed which tripped him. He fell and suffered a rug burn on his knee and a bruised shin. That's when the trash can "guards" went up. Housekeeping would move the trash cans when they cleaned and bam! we would run into the corners again. Ouch! It's the bright white comforter over the dark wood frame. You really cannot see the base until it's too late.

Overall, everything else was really great. We would probably stay here again next time. We stay in hotels 5-10 days a month. We're not picky guests, and this place worked fairly good for us!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I stayed at Holiday inn in February to attend a convention in las Vegas: it was a good bargain, out of the crowd but connected with a shuttle at request. Rooms are very large, soundproof and very well cleaned. Everyone we met has been very gentle, professional and always available to reply to our request. The hotel is brand new!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business