“Very good”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd. and Tropicana Ave.
Description: Welcome to Border Grill, Las Vegas' destination restaurant overlooking the Lazy River just off Mandalay Beach, where Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Bravo's "Top Chef Masters" and Food Network's "Too Hot Tamales," want nothing more than to spice up your day. With two floors of patio dining, and a beautiful outdoor bar, it's the perfect setting for sipping margaritas and savoring the bold flavors of Mexico while enjoying views of the beach and pool. Border Grill Las Vegas is located in Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. There's so much to do at Mandalay Bay. The Shark Reef, right next door to the restaurant, features sharks of all kinds, as well as a slew of exotic, predatory marine life. Stop by for fish tacos after and have the last word in the food chain.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The menu is different from most mexican restaurants, but the food is very good. Eat on the back porch overlooking the Mandalay Bay beach, there are heaters on the porch ceiling for winter months.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great menu with lots to choose from, well prepared and far from the "stereotype" Mexican food that at least Europeans believe is Mexican food. There are more Mexican dishes than tacos. Staff is friendly and the food is fresh. They have a balcony with outdoor seating which is heated during the cold seasons. Nice view over the pool area and the golden buildings around Mandalay Bay.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

By far, one of my favorite restaurants of all! Food is nothing short of amazing. Creative, delish and delightful.
Sounds silly, but the cheese quesadillas are to die for! homemade, fresh, just trust me
But, be aware that the prices are high. I am more than willing to pay for the quality.
Long walk from the MB casino - also worth it.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Been going to the border grill since L.A. Santa Monica location 15 years ago. Simply the best. Love the tomatillo salsa, banana empanadas and terrific green corn tamales. YUM!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We prepared for our Vegas weekend by playing myVegas on Facebook. (Play for free, get loyalty points.) That got us enough points to get two free Sunday Brunches at the Border Grill. We paid $30 for drinks and tips. They serve a $5 "all you can drink" mimosa, which was a great deal. Then they serve an $8 coffee -- way overpriced for our budget.

The brunch is served tapas style. You pick as many plates from a list of about 25 choices. Actually, they could make the servings a little smaller. Not because I wanted to eat less of any individual item, but because I wanted to try more of them. Each plate was a different experience. Each gave me a flavor that I don't think I've every had in the way they were prepared. I loved the meal.

They start off with a small plate of fresh fruit and a guava-cream cheese empanada. That was one of the best pastries I've ever eaten. I then had one of the strangest biscuits I've ever had - the because it had peanut butter, bacon, jalapeno and an egg. Somehow, that combination of tastes just seems to fit together. (On the down side, I bit straight into the egg yolk and had yolk run down the table and my napkin.)

The menu also had what must of been the best french toast I've had and a Peruvian shrimp and grits plate that had great seasoning.

So, if you've already tried Mandalay Bay's other great Sunday Brunch spot (yes, the House of Blues), give the Border Grill brunch a go. I think you'll find several items worth the extra walk.

1  Thank Randylee3_Fresno