“Perfect Hotel --”

GreenLeadersSilver level
florida
“Perfect Hotel --”
Reviewed October 22, 2005

Had a concern when we arrived and they gave us a room without a view. Yes, we are one of those who stay at Marriott's often and expect the elite membership to mean something. After going back down to the front desk and talking to the manager, all was worked out.
We had a message at the spa and it was wonderful. Highly recommend going at least and hour earlier. The pools, sauna, steam room were so relaxing. They even have an outdoor pool for spa guests...could actually spend the whole afternoon in such a tranquil environment.

The casino is small, but we did well on craps and slots. The crap table is quiet...not like LV casinos.

Ate with gradkids at the pub, good food and fine for children.

• Stayed August 2005
10 Thank mcneelj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2005

Stayed here for 5 nights last year, and booked in for another 5 this year. We had stayed at the MGM Grand for 6 nights prior to these 5 nights which started early October. Last year we stayed at the Palm tower (or whichever one hasn't got the main reception). This time, we checked in. I had the 1st night reserved through a travel agent, and the next 4 nights through priceline ($93 a night). No problem tagging the reservation together (just like last year). We were on the 6th floor with French doors opening up and looking over the golf course between the JW and the Suncoast and also the mountains. The room was a slightly different layout but still spotlessly clean. The carpet had slight stains in them but while we were there they were replacing all carpets so we must've seen them at their worst anyway. There were 3 weddings there the day we checked in and reception were helpful in telling us a quick route to the pool not ruining someones big day. Had a couple of parcels sent to the hotel, no charge. Toll free calls are free, MGM charged me when I made toll free calls. Valets very polite, open doors, etc. Jessica on reception was exceptionally happy, polite and helpful. Didn't eat at the hotel this time but did pop along to PF Changs just a bit further down on Rampart. Went along at about 10pm Saturday, had to wait about 20 minutes but had a nice meal. The strip in Vegas can really do your head in after a while and this is the perfect place to chill and relax. I have some pics to add when I get them off the digicam.

14 Thank F1y_away
West Sussex
Reviewed October 14, 2005

I can't really add much to what's already been said, warm, friendly staff. I only have one criticism - the Sushi bar was awful. but the Ceris restaurant, whilst not cheap, was first class.

9 Thank Paul_East_Wittering
nc
Reviewed October 13, 2005

Wow, what a place. Check-in took 2 minutes and I stayed on the 7th floor...beautiful views. Used priceline and scored the room for $95 dollars, unbelievable deal.

I was traveling with my wife and our 7 year old. This is a great spot for kids. Pool has waterfalls and all the amenities. My only complaint is that the pool closes each night at 8 PM, seems a little early....The hot tubs are open all night, very clean and nice.

The rooms are immaculate. Bathroom is extra large, and a nice big desk to work from. Beds were very comfortable.

The casino was excellent. I stayed on the strip for the rest of the week, but really missed the Rampart. Small and not smokey. Dealers were very friendly and I walked with over $700 in my pocket. Only casino that I won at all week. Next time I will consider staying here all week. The buffet was excellent, comparable to anything on the strip.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
15 Thank hwt.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Me and my wife stayed at the JW Marriott from Oct 7th to the 9th, for 2 nights. It was our first trip there, and we were very pleased.

The resort is located in Summerlin, right next to Angel Park golf course, and is about 20 minutes from the strip with no traffic. You might hit some traffic, so depending on the time of day you are driving, be prepared. We had a car, so it was fine, but it might take a while by cab from the airport.

Checkin was quick and easy, and we self parked, although valet is free, just tip the guys. The hotel is very nicely decorated, and the grounds are nice. The room was pretty large, and everything was clean and tidy. The bathroom was a good size, with separate shower and jacuzzi bath tub big enough for 2.

We ate at the Italian restaurant(forget the name, sorry), which was not too expensive, and tasted good, and the Irish Pub and also the cafe. The Irish Pub had a great chicken pot pie.

We paid $20 each to use the fitness and spa facilities on Saturday, which is very much worth the money. We worked out for almost an hour in a fitness center that had hardly anyone in it, and then swam in a private pool just outside the fitness center. This pool is for spa users only, and was a perfectly warm temperature. As a matter of fact, the regular pool was also nice and warm, perfect for a swim(FYI). We then used the spa hot tub, steam room, showers, and lounge. They have cold water and juice for you.. wow it was relaxing.

The casino was smallish, but still had plenty of games, and some $5 blackjack, which is what I would play if I had played blackjack. I didn't gamble since all the football games were on, but the casino is nice enough, and you still get the Vegas feel.

All in all, a great trip, and I would recommmend this place to anyone.

Oh, and although this place was listed as a resort, there wasn't that $10 or $14 resort fee that some places like the Hyatts charge, although since they don't have that fee, they do charge for the fitness/spa usage.

12 Thank Drew91101
Upstate NY
Reviewed October 10, 2005

This is one fabulous hotel. Believe ALL the reviews that say it is topshelf luxury. Rooms were lovely, bathrooms were huge, public areas and pool absolutely spectacular. The restaurants were just average. The drive time to The Strip is about 25 minutes. You will be REAL GLAD to have this oasis to return to.

7 Thank daroge
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 4, 2005

I am a frequent visitor to the J.W. Marriott Resort, Spa and Golf Hotel, however, I have never stayed there. I love to gamble and dine there. I love the atmosphere and service. The grounds are beautiful and the decor very elegant and tasteful. I would highly recommend a trip out to the hotel, if anything, just to dine there. The Rampart Cafe was good. The Shizen Japanese Restaurant was awesome! Great tasting food! Large portions and a variety of combinations. The teppanyaki chefs were entertaining and put on a great show. The sushi and sashimi was so fresh! The sushi menu is very extensive and my favorite is the "volcano"! It was very tasty. They have so much to choose from. I highly recommend Shizen. Next time, I hope to stay there! I keep hearing great things about the rooms.

• Stayed August 2005