“Great hotel in Vegas”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City
“Great hotel in Vegas”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The JW Marriott is located in Summerlin, about 20 minutes from the strip. It has always had beautiful, big rooms with lots of marble, huge bathrooms and luxury touches in a nice resort setting. This time, because the week before Christmas is slow, they upgraded us to a suite. Even nicer than their usual rooms which are always great. It is starting to show its age just a little bit but is still a great place to stay in Las Vegas. The bathrooms are always great, a rain head in the shower, lots of space, and bathrobes. The staff are always friendly and there is a nice casino on property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Greek first
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed December 17, 2013

it never used to be this way. the air in main lobby ,gym and spa is really deplorably bad. the thick cigarette air coming from the casino goes forcibly into these areas that should have fresh air. i couldn't workout in the gym. instead i went outside to do simple exercises and didn't get a good workout. somedays were rainy and too cold.

Room Tip: everyone must ask the CEO to fix problem because GM does nothing to fix the problem
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JENNA K
Anthony_JWFOM, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Agreed times have changed, I apologize you had to endure the smoke at our location. We are making every attempt to improvement our heating, ventilation and air conditioning system to provide a cleaner fresh smelling environment within our hotel for all our guests.

Boise
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in many JW Marriotts but have never found one as lackluster as this one. The room was shoddy with paint chips and dinged and damaged fixtures were found throughout the room. The floor (of all places) was uneven and seemed bunched up under the rug. The center bedside lamp was inoperable. I requested non feather pillows that they promised within 30 minutes (which I thought sounded like a long time; actually took over an hour and a half). I had to call a second time to remind them. This may not seem that bad but I had just returned from Sydney Australia and was very much wanting to hit the sack. But no, had to wait for the pillows.

I wouldn't recommend this establishment. There are far better places to stay in Vegas for the same prices.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank E B
Thank you staying with us, I am sorry that your stay was not to your expectations, as we usually do our best to provide outstanding service and in this case we did not. I value your honest feedback and acknowledge that our product is in need of attention. And with that said, we have begun our exciting renovations though the property, these much needed renovations will happen though out the year and will greatly improve conditions you specifically mentioned.

We cannot change the experience, I am sorry about that. I only hope that we have an opportunity to make a better impression, if you choose to return, after our projects are complete.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Not your typical Vegas experience. This hotel is a decent ways off from The Strip, by the foothills, and markets itself as a resort. The room was a nice luxury room. The bathroom was fancy: there was a tub as well as a shower with two shower heads. Not sure if that second shower head actually added anything. The grounds are pretty - lots of water and fake water falls. The hotel is a bit isolated and empty at times, and very very big. I thought that the room temperature was a bit on the chilly side.
I can't speak to the service really because I opted to skip having my room made in exchange for a credit.

Green Features: They had the option to keep the towels rather than fresh towels every day. I also opted not to have my room made each morning. Wish they had a recycling bin in the room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lehi, Utah
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The front desk people were so AWESOME!!!!!!! from the moment I walked through the door until three days later when I was so sad to say good bye. All I can say is, you except a lot from the Marriott brand and you will get it here!!!!! "WOW" !!!!! The breakfast buffet was to die for!!!!
The room was extremely well put together, every detail!!!

Do your self a favor and stay at this resort while you visit Las Vegas. You will be glad you did.

The one bad thing about the trip was the temperature was way to cold to GOLF. Low 40's for the high....what's that about....in VEGAS. Marriott is good, but not that good to change the temp.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in December. Prior to the trip, we received what appeared to be a form e-mail from the "Personal Planning Specialist" at the hotel, We normally just delete those types of e-mails, but we got engaged while we were staying at the hotel ~1 year ago and so we replied to the "Personal Planning Specialist" with a couple special requests. The Personal Planning Specialist (real name = Nathan) got back to us in a timely fashion and was able to set up our special arrangements. The JW Marriott facility is obviously beautiful, and the rooms are very well-appointed and luxurious, but what stands out the most is the tremendous customer service - we think it's actually unfair to compare to the Strip as the level of customer service at the JW Marriott is just so far above. We would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VanessaSk14
Michigan
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Had to attend business conference here. What a disappointment. I know smoking is allowed in casino but whole hotel smells of smoke. In the morning it was a ghost town. Couldn't find any staff to help with directions. Conference has no wifi. No wifi? Who does that? Room was colder than outside. Outside it was 40 degrees. These shortcomings were disappointing for a Marriott hotel. Next time stay on the strip at any one of several better hotels. Would not return. Told the conference organizers of my disappointment as well and I wasn't the only one.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mills93
Anthony_JWFOM, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Our objective is to provide a clean and fresh environment free of smoke as directed by Marriott’s culture and expectations. Your concerns are valid and I am sorry you had to deal with the smoke in the hotel and in the convention area. I understand your frustration and not wanting to stay here again; we have many options available to us as a property, as we move forward in addressing the smoke. I am disappointed we fell short on services during your stay.

I am truly sorry for the experience, and I offer you to contact me at your convenience to further our conversation.