“The place to stay in vegas with kids”

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #41 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The place to stay in vegas with kids”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Beautiful hotel with the most fantastic breakfast. This hotel is in our top 3 worldwide. Great gym and spa, and pool super for kids.
close to golf courses and with the resort fee you get free daily driving range on TPC Vegas.

They have a friendly casino if you feel like gambling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Greek first
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We originally booked a hotel in Palm Springs from 8/7 - 8/10 as it is only a couple of hours away from San Diego and with 3.5 yr old and 22 months, thought that short drive would be best.. till we got to Palm Springs area. We saw smoke covering the entire PS and discovered that the area is affected by Silver Fire that just started so we had to opt elsewhere quickly.. and JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf was the one we picked for below reason.
1. I read in Trip Advisor that it is more of a family friendly hotel
2. Price was reasonable $109 - 169 went up daily as it gets closer to the weekend, of course.
3. No smoking (kinda...)
4. Most importantly.... room was available

Hope this review helps other family with small children!
- Casino is still a smoking area and you DO smell cigarettes outside of the casino and also some people do smoke in the pool area so you can't avoid the cigarette smell except for your own room and hallway (but this applies to other places too..).
- Restaurants are located in near the Casino so when you dine, you are covered with cigarette smell.
- As any other hotels, the rooms are very dry so I recommend requesting a humidifier (Free)
- If available, ask for room with a patio. If no patio, you can open the door to "trying to be Patio" but you can't even put one foot between the fence and the door so no option to "Step OUT for fresh air".
- When I checked in, I requested for a refrigerator but was told that there is a waiting list for it and never got it during my stay so check availability before you go buy stuff. There is a COOLER in the room though, if that is enough.

The first night we stayed in a King size bed room in Palm Tower, 4203. It took about 5 - 7 mins to get a decent hot water running. No view except trees and a bit of pond. No patio.
Next morning, I went to the front desk and just as a curiosity, I asked if there is any room with patio available and there was:) and with no additional charge but it was a double queen bed room instead of 1 King bed.. eh.. so we moved. Thank you, Stephanie (but wearing Veronica's jacket).

Room in main building 4131, next to icemaker and elevators. A bit more noisy. It was better situated (sinks, bathtub, etc) and seemed a bit in a better condition. Closet was about 1/2 size compare to 4203. There was a patio.. size... meh.. but watch out for the hives though.

Pool: Just OK. Very small considering the size of the hotel. Not enough umbrellas for the # of guests. No pool toys sold (seemed like) at the Towel hut. Water was pretty cold. Food was just ok... it is pool side food.

So this was for the anniversary and I mentioned this when I made a reservation but no card, no flowers no nothing.. or maybe I expected too much.. since we stayed in JW Marriott in Palm Springs a few years ago and they brought us a fruit plate and flower, etc.. It was a nice gesture.

Overall, as a family trip, we had a great time and most importantly, kids had a blast but the hotel itself is an average hotel with not so impressive services except Stephanie was very helpful arranging the move.

Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Some of the recent reviews scared me before I checked in here - I need not have worried. We LOVED this hotel - it was spotlessly clean and the pool is amazing. And rooms HUGE.
Breakfast was great as well. If you are travelling in Vegas with kids I don't think there is a better option. You will NOT be disappointed. Amazing value.

beachmama24
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here with our kids and had a great time. We stayed in the Palms Tower so we didn't even see the casino, which was fine being there with the kids. The pool is huge and shallow for the kids. So close to many restaurants and tons of shopping!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This property was originally built a decade or so ago as a high end destination resort (golf, spa, gaming). While the high end room rates were not competitive and the original resort went bankrupt, Marriott took it over and has maintained much of the original amenities at a much lower per night rate (especially the rates available over the internet during low seasons). As one reviewer noted, there is no bell service for bags to the rooms, but there is valet parking at no additional charge. The staff were very pleasant and helpful (e.g. they arranged for a late check out because we had a late afternoon flight). The rooms are very large, with high end décor. The bathroom was also very large with a large shower and very large Jacuzzi tub and very nice tile throughout. The only sign of age in the room was the somewhat dated/worn wallpaper in some areas of the bathroom (otherwise, the room was very clean and well maintained). The pool area is very nice and more like what you would expect to find at a resort in Cancun (the wait-staff at the pool were very friendly and attentive and the food was good). While we had a car, there is a shuttle that frequently goes to the Fashion Show Mall, which is in the middle of the Strip (across from the Wynn, Venetian, and TI). Overall, this is a good hotel for people (especially golfers) who would like a quieter, less crowded place to stay than you would find at a resort of similar quality on the Strip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We actually stayed at this resort twice this summer for different trips. First class Marriott with spacious rooms. Separate casino attached if you like. Several restaurants and Starbucks inside. Across from TPC Las Vegas for golf. Beautiful and peaceful off the strip.

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Where can I begin? This place has to have been one of the most depressingly awful hotels in which I have ever had the misfortune to find myself staying. Right from check-in - where I was informed that the hotel does not employ anyone to help transport my two heavy bags on their journey of about half a mile to my room - my stay was an unmitigated disaster.

It's more or less impossible to get anywhere in the hotel without passing through the smoke-filled and tawdry (even by Vegas standards) casino in the central hub of the building. Obviously I appreciate that Vegas hotels cater for gamblers (which I am not) but I must admit I found this aspect depressing.

Food is......well, awful. We were there for a week-long convention and were served the same dreadful chicken subs for lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY. Breakfast options were either dull and tasteless or indigestible and laden with cholesterol. There's a tapas bar on the premises, but to be honest, I don't regard chicken satay and beef sliders as tapas. The only aspect of the stay that I enjoyed was an excellent cajun band playing in the (inevitable) 'Oirish' pub on the last night I was there.

Bottom line is that I wouldn't wish a stay at this hotel on my worst enemy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank TimHJ
Anthony_JWFOM, Manager at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear TimHJ,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to reach out to us and allow me the opportunity to apologize for the multiple inconveniences and making me aware of our challenges. I am sorry that the items you mentioned were not up to service standards, as I will follow-up the mentioned service items and quality consistency issues.

Once again, I am sorry for overall undesirable stay; however, I hope to mend the experience. Please feel free to contact myself directly at your convenience.

Anthony Casal