Ok as a big fan of Red Rock it felt like I was cheating on a girlfriend staying at a different hotel right around the corner. I could literally see Red Rock off in the distance. But I wanted to play some golf golf and the JW Marriott had a nice stay and play package available at the TPC Las Vegas so I gave it a try. As far as which one is better I would say they are both both good so it truly depends on what you are looking to do.
The rooms - Really a wash, both were comfortable with large bathrooms. Comfy beds, it was a little annoying at the marriott that the power was on a motion sensor so if you were sitting there watching tv your power and ac would turn off occasionally. The rooms at the Marriott are not as trendy and a little bit dated compared to Red Rock
Restaurants - Not even close, it is the Red Rock in a blowout. I actually went over to red rock most days for lunch. Hachi is as god of Pan-Asian as you will find anywhere, much better than Roys. The yardhouse is very solid. At the Marriott the pool food was ok but service very poor. Much better selection and diversity at Red Rock
Atmosphere - Depends what you like. If you like a quiet sprawling resort type experience you may prefer JW. If you are looking for a trendy hip vegas type experience Red Rock is what you want
Pool - Now here is where it gets tricky. The red rock pool has always been one of the main reason why I llike the place. There is always just one problem, they never heat it enough. And I thought maybe I was just being picky but it is a very common complaint. I mean it can really be uncomfortable. I love the pool grounds but damn. The JW Marrioot also had a very nice pool area, more lagoon resort style with waterfall. Plenty of chairs, nice water temperature. I hate to say it but the JW Marriott pool experience was just as good if not better
Spa - This again depends on what you are looking for. One of my favorite spots on earth is the red rock spa. It has amazing showers and the spa pool is a great place to relax and start your day. That pool is actually very comfortable and tranqual. Now the JW Marriott spa is a better spot isf you are looking for workout facilities. Much more extensive equipment. But..the spa pool is absolutely freezing and their special little jet areas did not work.
Casino - Red Rock, like the atmosphere much more trendy hip Las Vegas Strip feel. JW Marriott, much more of a local feel, kind of quiet. Peopel in reviews complain about the smoke but I didn't find it any different than any other casino. I actually preferred the Marriott/Rampart casino because there were always plenty of low limit tables to play on and their dealers were much more friendly. I like to play when I am there but not a big gambler
So ultimately you can't go wrong with either. If you are a couple looking for a nice getaway I would probably recommend the Red Rock. Red Rock definately feels more lively and has more action. JW Marriott is more relaxing and resort like. But if you are a golfer, the TPC package was great and the golf course was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Allow JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, with its discreet elegance, to set a new standard for luxury in Las Vegas. Only 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, situated on 50 acres of lush garden landscape, this resort offers an impressive range of premium amenities and outstanding service. Relax in spacious guest rooms, which were just renovated, before indulging in one of 10 restaurants. Take a refreshing swim in the expansive outdoor pool with cascading waterfalls, pamper at Spa Aquae, or enjoy the excitement of Rampart Casino. In addition, our prime hotel location places you steps TPC Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon and downtown Summerlin with great shopping and dining. Visit the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa for a unique Las Vegas experience. The swimming pool is closed seasonally from October 29, 2017 - March 2, 2018. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf Hotel Las Vegas
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa And Golf
- Las Vegas Marriott