WINNER WONDERLAND

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #44 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Berlin, Germany
“Good overall value - beware public pool!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Property is nice and well kept. The overall value is good, the breakfast buffet, which was included in our room deal was decent. Downside is the pool, which was constantly overrun by hundreds of (sometimes severely drunk) locals who can buy day or season passes for the hotel pool for a few dollars. The pool could have been so nice - but it was obvious that the regular hotel guests mostly had a hard time finding sunbeds.
You can choose this hotel if you don't need the pool. Everything else was nice.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Three_Swords

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Greek first
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We are staying at the JW Marriott Las Vegas this Christmas week, and it's truly an understatement to say that the service has been disappointing. They have very little staff working, yet it seems like the hotel is fully occupied. 45-minute wait for breakfast at Ceres with numerous tables empty, no answer when calling front desk or operator 8 out of 10 times I've tried just to simply request towels or things like that. I'm hoping that hotel mgt reads this and learns that you CANNOT run a hotel on a skeleton crew during a holiday season. I am a platinum member and have stayed at this JW three times now and this will definitely be my last. This is the only JW property I have ever had any issues with in all my travels. Management needs a course in Management.

4 Thank MeticulousTraveler25
melirons, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointment with services provided, We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience directly.
Please contact myself directly at your earliest convenience.
702 869 7302 or melissa.irons@jwmarriottlv.com

Warm Regards,
Melissa Irons
Front Office Manager
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel on business and was very impressed with the overall quality. The front desk staff, valets, and housekeeping staff were all incredibly friendly, professional, and polite. I don't think I have ever stayed in a cleaner hotel. There was not a speck of dust to be found in my room. The bathroom was absolutely huge and very elegant. I spent my last night in Vegas in a suite at a "luxury" hotel on the Strip and was actually disappointed. My room at the JW Marriott was brighter, cleaner, and about the same size at a fraction of the cost!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary M
Dimmitt, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here two nights this past week. Check-in was painless and quick. We were given a room in the Spa Tower on the fourth floor. Our room was spacious and clean. The mattress was comfortable and firm. The resort as a whole was very quite. I spent one afternoon at the Aquae Sulis Spa, and for most of the time, had it mostly to myself; a very relaxing afternoon. I didn't go to gamble, so I can't review the Rampart Casino. We ate at Spiedini, Rampart Buffet and Ceres. My favorite was the breakfast buffet at Ceres. Cook to order eggs and a variety of delicious food was the perfect way to start our day. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RJones12
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just stayed at the JW Las Vegas , First off the bellman were awesome providing free transportation to the local golf courses, storage of our clubs etc... The room was over sized with a huge bathroom and balcony.The hotel was very modern and very clean. It is attached to a casino which I could not seem to win at.The food is very reasonable compared to the strip at the onsite restaurants. I would highly recommend and thank you to the staff for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dartstud2002
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

The JW Marriott was a welcome, relaxing stay. The hotel and grounds were lovely and the service was excellent. The spa and staff were also great. They have shuttle service to the Strip if you really have to go in, but I would recommend you experience the resort, spa and fantastic golf!

Room Tip: The Spa Tower was very ncie
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tread123
Swindon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Having stayed at this property a few years back I decided that I would try it again as a Marriott Rewards member I needed the additional stays to qualify for a points bonus promotion (sad I know but I find the reward programme provides excellent benefits).

First of all as other reviewers have said this hotel is about a 25 minute drive to both the airport, downtown or the strip. During the 7 days I was here I didn't experience any major traffic problems.

Unfortunately on arrival I was given room 4243 in the Palm Tower, with what I was told a view of the Golf Course. Well my expectations were raised to a very high level but as soon as I walked into the room these fell to the floor as it was very dark for a room with a view. Going to the window I quickly identified why, the view of the said Golf Course was completely blocked out by branches of the tall trees that presummably give the tower its name. I looked around for a chain saw but couldn't find one so I called reception and explained my disappointment, to the lady's credit she searched and found another room on the 5th floor which although still having branches I could at least see the mountains and daylight. Rather than me taking the long walk back to the main reception the lady arranged for the valet on duty at the Palm Tower to sort my key out and he also, to his credit, went and moved my bags from my original room to my new room. I was really impressed with his commitment to customer service and noted his name on the comments card I completed at the end of my stay.

The rooms are huge and nicely furnished, there is a large flat screen TV, a walk in closet which has a safe and a ceiling fan to supplement the AC. The bathroom had a jacuzzi and a wet shower plus a separate WC (with phone in case you need to call someone urgently I suppose). The internet worked fine and I found the speed to be more than adequate for my needs.

I would recommend a walk around the grounds that are very well maintained.

Adequate car parking although when busy on Friday and Saturday night the car parking near the tower filled up quickly so you have further to walk, although this can be overcome by using the valet option.

During the first four days of my stay I had a couple of housekeeping niggles that I thought rather than wait to post onto Trip Advisor I would flag to the on site management team and as Frank Idris or one of his team reads the reports, I tried to speak to him. Unfortunately he was in a meeting but in his absence Mellissa came and went through everything with me and I have to say resolved everything to my 100% satisfaction, even following up with a call to my room to ensure everything was OK. She apologised for the issues and was grateful that I had raised them.

Being in the Palm Tower I thought the only buffet, which I walked past everyday, was the Rampart Casino's and because it is out of season it was closed most of the time at breakfast although there is a cafe that serves breakfast next door to it. However, if you want a buffet breakfast take the walk to JW Marriott's Ceres restuarant, their buffet breakfast was excellent, ok not your usual Las Vegas casino 5 station buffet, but very good quality food in nice surroundings and the staff are excellent too.

All in all the property is an excellent choice to stay when in Las Vegas, the staff are excellent and getting to and from anywhere is very easy but I would suggest you do need a car, unless of course you are wanting to chllout and just stay local, play golf, swim, use the spa etc. etc.

Room Tip: If you want good daylight in your room go for at least the 5th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo