“Awesome Grand Canyon Experience!”
Review of Grand Tours LV

Grand Tours LV
Ranked #161 of 244 Tours in Las Vegas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Grand Tours was our saviour tour company! We were stranded by Avatar Tours who went out of business and neglected to call us and let us know. Thankfully Grand Tours was picking up other guests at our hotel and had room for 2 more. The price for this tour can't be beat ($85pp) and it includes breakfast and lunch. We had an awesome tour guide, movies on the bus to keep us entertained for the long 4 hour trek each way and 3 hours to explore the canyon. Oh and we also stopped at Lake Mead and Hoover Dam to take pictures on the way. Although the day was long, it was totally worth it!! Words can not describe the beauty of the Grand Canyon and pictures do not do it justice! If you are planning a trip with Grand Tours, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

This Tour Company is one of the best. I booked my South Rim Grand Canyon Trip with them 1 month prior to my Vegas vacation.They were extreamly helpful to talk to.You got so much for the small price of $80 that you paid.
The bus pickd us up in front of the hotel at 6:45 amon time and then after we got all the others we switched drivers.Where they handed out our breakfast which was very nice a we got a Cinnamon Bun , Banana and OJ. Our drive was very informative and funny he kept the trip interresting and gave us a lot of history on Las Vegas and the areas around it. We left the "STRIP around 7am.
We later stoped for aroud 20 min at a rest stop where we coud get food if we want to do so.
We then stopped at the Hoover Dam for a photo stop .Once again a nice history lesson was given.We were then on our way to the Grand Canyon .
After arriving we got out boxed lunch which was a Turkey sandwhich, apple, cookies, chips, mints and a water .
We spent 3 hours at the Canyon on our own. It was breath taking . Every where you stopped there were different views each more beautiful than the next.
Afer we headed back to Vegas arriving back at the hotel around 9:30 pm.
If you want a GREAT Tour Company use this one!!

2  Thank Summertime4me
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We took the tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon with this company, and really enjoyed it. The tour guide/driver, Wally, was helpful and informative, the bus was comfortable and air conditioned, and the food was good. The price was only about $78USD plus $10 for breakfast and lunch. An easy way to see the Grand Canyon from Vegas. There is a toilet on the bus but no-one needed to use it, as there were adequate comfort stops along the way.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I gave the company a week to respond before posting this review. No response. Their poor customer service in response to a concern lowered their ranking.
Here is the email I sent them.
Last August, we took the Hoover Dam tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. So, when we were in Vegas last week, we went with you again when we decided to take a Lake Mead cruisetour. I am just about to write a review on Tripadvisor and thought I would take a moment to give you some comments first. There were 3 of us in our party, including my 77 year old mother.
Of course, Lake Mead is beautiful so you can't really go wrong.
There is, though, a problem with communication with your office staff. I called to book our trip and the young man who took our reservation told me that there was breakfast included. I told him that the ad says only lunch and he said that it would also have breakfast. I then asked if the lunch was on board the boat and he said it it was. Given that he said breakfast was included, we didn't eat before leaving.
Indeed, there was no breakfast included....and, to make matters worse, we found out as we arrived at Lake Mead that actually lunch wouldn't be until AFTER the cruise. This is really poor communication and I definitely resent having to dish out money for the very limited choice of unhealthy snacks at the Lake Mead dock to tide us over until lunch. This was especially very uncomfortable for my elderly mother and really did take away from our day. By the time we got our lunch, it was almost 2:00...and for people who didn't eat breakfast, I'm sure you can understand how uncomfortable we were.
Please be sure that your staff all know the correct details of all trips. Furthermore, please be clearer in your description about when lunch will be served. We were quite disappointed that the lunch was not the food available on the boat, as we had been led to believe.

3  Thank travelteachOntario
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We booked the grand canyon south rim tour with grand tours LV directly on their website. Pick up at 7am in a very comfortable motor coach and returned around 9pm but it was worth the whole trip. We had a situation that another bus broke on the way and we had to pick up around 30 people Our driver was very knowledgeable, gave us a lot of information and also we watch very interesting movies of the Hoover Dam and the grand canyon. We were planning to sleep on the way but it was so nice to get information that we did not, We stopped at Hoover Dam for pictures and then the Grand Canyon. We had plenty of time at the Canyon. We took the shuttles and also we walk for around 45 minutes through the rim with spectacular views. We were given a continental kind of breakfast and a box lunch with a sandwich, chips, cookies and water. There are 2 stops to buy snacks and drinks on the way. Overall, it was a great experience!