“Decent Food, Good Selection”
Review of Maru - CLOSED

Maru
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Korean, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Summerlin
Seattle, Washington
“Decent Food, Good Selection”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I will say that the beer tower option is a tantalizing one! I would highly recommend that option. The food was good but for a lunch special I had bbq ribs and it was disappointing based on similar Korean bbq I have had. The one single server did her best but it was a fairly packed scene for one staff to keep thus the service suffered.

The sushi was pretty good. The lobster roll was a standout. The food was overall nice but one thing I noted was it was casino level prices so a bit higher than I would like.

• Visited July 2013

Sunnyside, New York
“Good food but ok service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Maru is located in a very nice residential neighborhood. I was there with my husband's family. Had a good dinner, not that great plus the service was so-so. The waitress didn't hear one order correctly and she ordered the wrong food but we accepted it anyway. We like Korean food but at the same time we love great service. So far NY has the best Korean food! *:)

• Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Unique, flavorful food with a flare”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sitting at the 'cooker" tables is a must. Most of the tables have round gas grills in the middle of them (great for family sharing or an intimate two). We had the the chicken, beef and shrimp combo. After lighting the grill, they brought out all sorts of sides...Kim Chee, Pickled Spourts, Ginger, Korean Radishes, 8 in all. Once the grill is hot, the server begins to cook your veggies and then later they place the meat on the grill. The meat and veggies were fresh, not frozen, and the seasoning was just right. We were disappointed in the sushi but after going back (about ten times now) we found out it was much fresher at the beginning of the week. The prices are very competitive (even though there is nothing like this place in town)...but the highlight of the night was the desert- a large ice carved pedestal desert bowl holds a Fried Green Tea Ice Cream, that is to die for. Great atmosphere, great service and tasty food.

• Visited August 2012
Miami, Florida
“The Worst Service I've Ever Experienced!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I met a few friends after they had already ordered at Maru. When I arrived at the table the waitress ran over and stood there watching our every move. I was never offered a menu nor was I ever asked for a drink order. One of my friends offered a piece of their sushi realizing service was not being extended in my direction. At this point the waitress decided to step in, put her arm across the table and yell at my friends "no sharing". I then told her I was not interested in their sushi I would like to order my own yet she was so hellbent on them not sharing more than taking a new order. Needless to say they paid their bills and we left to finish a meal elsewhere. I learned after the fact that they had ordered all you can eat sushi. I get it - no sharing. She went about it in a ridiculous way and lost 4 customers in the process.

As a Summerlin resident, I've tried to support this establishment, however with that type of treatment I will never return.

On a positive side, the location is fantastic and at least the decor is beautiful and inviting.

• Visited June 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Korean Food!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The location is in the middle of prestigious Summerlin - popular spot for locals. While a pretty good 10 miles or so off the "strip", tourist 's looking for value AND quality should come enjoy Maru !