“Had a blast!”

and up
Las Vegas Indoor Kart Racing
Ranked #76 of 271 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Pole Position Raceway is the premiere indoor motorsports experience in Las Vegas. Located one mile west of the Las Vegas Strip, the climate-controlled facility is home to the fastest indoor karts in the United States. It features a fully air-conditioned 1/4-mile track, adult & kids karts, and a real motorsports museum that's free to the public. NASCAR Champ Kurt Busch said "Pole Position Raceway is the place for indoor karting."
Manchester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Had a blast!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Called up and 20 minutes later we were climbing aboard the complimentary shuttle bus. The driver was pleasant and the short journey from the strip to the venue was comfortable aboard a nice clean mini bus.

We chose to have the 3 races for US$69 option. 12 laps each race, which lasts around 10 minutes per race. A really good safety briefing and given a clean head sock/balaclava and it was on with the helmet and climbing aboard your kart.

The karts are electric and the claim is they can reach 45mph but to be honest the track is too small to ever reach that pace. It is a fantastic experience nonetheless and the electric karts are much cleaner than the petrol versions i have previously driven.

There are no race suits supplied but there isn't any real dirt in the venue anyway to worry about getting your clones dirty.

A controlled start to each race allows you to get used to the kart and then your find yourself flying, screeching and sliding around the track.

The only grumble really was some of the other drivers don't take notice of the non contact and no bumping rules at are laid out, the venue staff should really take control of this but during our visit they failed to do so which was a little disappointing.

After each race you get a personal timing sheet which shows lap by lap how you did and some great statistical information helps you understand how you did. You are racing the lap times rather than each other so a bit of open road is great.... It's much more fun when you race another driver though but it really doesn't help your lap time!!!

All in all it was a very enjoyable experience.

After our 3 races were over we chose to have an additional race. We were only charge US15$ for the additional race so a real bargain. We did nearly go for the all you can race option which was US125$ but it is more economical to choose the 3 race option first.

We had our fun on a Sunday And it was fairly quiet, not too busy. Our only mistake was we arrived first thing. With hindsight we would drive again around lunchtime when the early morning rush has calmed down a little. Even so, we did manage to race every other race so it wasn't too much of an issue.

In summary, clean venue, electric powerful karts, friendly staff and reasonable price. I would well recommend you give it a blast if you are at a loose end.

Optional kids races for drivers under 48" too so they don't get intimidated by the grown ups.

Visited August 2011
Brad M, General Manager at Pole Position Raceway - Indoor Karting, responded to this review, January 12, 2015

Louisville, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Shuttle service a joke... Had to take taxi back to hotel!”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Racing was fine but shuttle service was not as advertised. We called about transportation back to MGM and were told no problem we have a shuttle to take you back to hotel. When we were ready to leave they told us to go to palms across the street to get cab. Wow that sucked! The track was fun but will never go back!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank VisitorGa
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry the shuttle was not available when you left; it's a free shuttle and does not run 24 hours. I'm glad you were able to use the FREE ride to the track and if you're back in town, I'll come pick you up myself!

Brad
las vegas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“So much fun awesome experince”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was so much fun racing these Italian super fast electric go karts. 45 mph through a 1 mile track with sharp turns. Something extra to do when visiting Las Vegas. They got me hooked. Have to come back. Tips visit their facebook web site for discount coupons.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Vegastrader
Henderson, Nevada
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 466 helpful votes
“the best way to race without racing actual race cars...”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

went to pole position vegas with my 8 year old son and had an absolute blast. it's not the cheapest thing to do in town, but to me it is well worth it. they alternate between adult and kid races so the kids aren't getting plowed by grown men. i've ridden all kinds of go-karts at different places, and i can tell you, they are all horrible compared to the go-karts at pole position. these things are fast and corner sharply. you go flying down the track, and the first time is a little intimidating. but after you get the hang of it you realize that it really is very safe and pretty hard to hurt yourself so you can go nutty speed racer.

for those with kids you have to be at least 48" to drive. my son had never been in a go-kart before but immediately caught on and ended up finishing in the top 5 in each of his races. he absolutely LOVED it. as a parent, nothing makes you happier than if your kid is delighted.

we will definitely be back for more.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank wskungfuclub
Ventura, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun but staff needs to be trained better”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I found pole position raceway online and thought it would be a great thing to do for an upcoming Vegas trip. I called the Arville location directly and spoke with an employee there to ask a few questions:

"I see that you offer a strip shuttle. Do you pick-up from the Excalibur?" (Yes we do. Just call us about 20-30 minutes before you want to get picked up)

"We're planning on coming in on Monday 2/14 - how late are you open?" (11pm)

Now THIS is where the training needs to take place. When I called and specifically asked about the shuttle and how late the raceway was open - the employee SHOULD have told me that the shuttle service only ran until 5pm that particular day.

I was really excited to take my boyfriend and thought that it was awesome that they offered shuttle service since they were off the strip - cabs in Vegas can get expensive.

I called for a pickup on Monday 2/14 around 4:30pm. I was promptly told, "Our shuttle service only runs until 5pm. We can pick you up but you'll have to call a cab to get back to your hotel."

WHATTT??? Had we known this we would have planned to go earlier in the the day!

I didn't want to dissappoint my boyfriend who was really looking forward to racing so I scheduled the pickup, we did one race and then I paid $19 for a cab back to our hotel. Racing was fun but the shuttle issue kind of ruined my experience. We planned to do two races but we opted for one since we knew we'd be paying for a cab.

I won't be going back.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank JenandScott123
Thank you for your review! I'm sorry you weren't able to take advantage of the free shuttle. We definitely try to communicate the hours better and if you're back in town, please call me and I'll come pick you up! It's worth the ride!