“Food - Great! Service - Condescending!”

Mezzo Bistro & Wine
Ranked #690 of 4,955 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Celebrated Valentine's dinner a day early. Ordered Bruschetta for an appetizer. When I pronounced the appetizer as "Broosketta," I was corrected by your server, Michelle M., and she asked, "Oh, you'd like some "Brooshetta?" I answered yes, "Broosketta." She replied with, "What kind of "Brooshetta" would you like? I don't need to be corrected on the correct pronunciation of Bruschetta, and found her attitude snide and condescending...it set the tone for the rest of our meal and even though the rest of our experience was fine, Michelle needs to try some customer training!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Don't get me wrong, the food was amazing! Along with the wine and atmosphere. You could taste the quality in the food. However, our waiter was horrible. His attitude was poor, we sat for an hour and still did not recieve our Pizza. Nor did our waiter bother to refil waters, let us know why a simple pizza was taking so long....as he made sure all of the other guests were taken care of. We then asked to cancel pizza and have salads boxed up which also took another 15 minutes. While our request for our check was completely ignored, he countined with a very foul attitude. Awful

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a pleasant little restaurant in North Las Vegas. Very clean and decorated in an Italian countryside style although a little dark since it is in a small strip mall but lighting better sitting near front windows. The waiter was courteous and friendly although we waited for our bill as we lost track of him for a bit. The menu is impressive...really nice selections. I had beet salad which was fabulous - very tasty and highly recommended. My dining partner and I shared the blackened salmon appetizer which was perfectly cooked and very flavorful with it's bed of julienne squash and ponzu sauce. I tasted the Wedding Soup which my friend says she loves and always orders - it was good but paled next to the flavors of my salad. I would definitely dine here again - especially if I am there when the weather allows for dining outdoors.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner with friends to celebrate the incoming New Year on December 31, 2013. Reservations were made in advance and our table was ready 20 minutes before our scheduled time. Service was prompt and unrushed which was amazing considering it was New Year's Eve. We brought two bottles of our favorite wine with us and the corkage was only $15 which was more than reasonable, again considering the holiday. The four of us enjoyed a meal that spanned over two hours of chat, great food and wine and dessert. This may become one of our favorite, more upscale local restaurants.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We live near Mezzo Bistro & Wine and dine there about once a month. We find the food excellent and the service good.

Its wine prices grieve me: it calls 3.5 ounces a "glass of wine" and charges $8 for it! That works out to a gross price of $56 for an $9 (wholesale) bottle of vino! If you want wine with dinner, and who doesn't at an Italian joint, then order a full bottle and take the rest of it home. (It marks up its bottled wine list a good bit too.)

Our neighbors like Mezzo's "happy hour": half-price drinks and Italian "tapas" at the bar.