“Top Notch Taste”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a pleasant little restaurant in North Las Vegas. Very clean and decorated in an Italian countryside style although a little dark since it is in a small strip mall but lighting better sitting near front windows. The waiter was courteous and friendly although we waited for our bill as we lost track of him for a bit. The menu is impressive...really nice selections. I had beet salad which was fabulous - very tasty and highly recommended. My dining partner and I shared the blackened salmon appetizer which was perfectly cooked and very flavorful with it's bed of julienne squash and ponzu sauce. I tasted the Wedding Soup which my friend says she loves and always orders - it was good but paled next to the flavors of my salad. I would definitely dine here again - especially if I am there when the weather allows for dining outdoors.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner with friends to celebrate the incoming New Year on December 31, 2013. Reservations were made in advance and our table was ready 20 minutes before our scheduled time. Service was prompt and unrushed which was amazing considering it was New Year's Eve. We brought two bottles of our favorite wine with us and the corkage was only $15 which was more than reasonable, again considering the holiday. The four of us enjoyed a meal that spanned over two hours of chat, great food and wine and dessert. This may become one of our favorite, more upscale local restaurants.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We live near Mezzo Bistro & Wine and dine there about once a month. We find the food excellent and the service good.

Its wine prices grieve me: it calls 3.5 ounces a "glass of wine" and charges $8 for it! That works out to a gross price of $56 for an $9 (wholesale) bottle of vino! If you want wine with dinner, and who doesn't at an Italian joint, then order a full bottle and take the rest of it home. (It marks up its bottled wine list a good bit too.)

Our neighbors like Mezzo's "happy hour": half-price drinks and Italian "tapas" at the bar.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had a small wedding reception at Mezzo Bistro on December 21. They set aside a small room for privacy, which was very nice. Our server was excellent; his attention to our party made our celebration so special. The appetizers he recommended were outstanding; his wine selections very good; he described the dishes that we ordered and everyone was happy with the variety of dishes. The owner was very kind and friendly; the whole atmosphere made our special occasion fun and memorable. We brought a wedding cake which they had stored for us earlier that same day and brought it to our table upon request. I highly recommend Mezzo Bistro and will return whenever we visit our family in Las Vegas. The live music also provided to the ambiance of the occasion. Thank you to Joe!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We arrived early in the evening, in fact their was only one other couple present. The restaurant is small and very well staffed. We went in without reservations but certainly would make them when eating at normal times.
The arriving fellow diners were repeat customers and were greeted accordingly.
They are not ashamed of their prices and equal or are higher than SoCal prices for the same entrees. However, I will say that the food that we had was fresh and prepared with thought.
My partner had a shrimp cocktail with genourous sized prawns and I had the fried calamari (11.00). The calamari was fried correctly, had taste, did not clump and had an interesting touch of sliced peppers. For entrees, she selected a salad with grilled chicken while I opted for gnocci (18.) Gonocci is a favorite of mine and I am a bit of a snob about its preparation. It was my fault for not paying more attention to the menue as the dumplings are swimming in an Alfredo or Carbonara type wihite sauce. I am sure that folks like it, I just don't care for that pairing. I will say that the gnocchi were hand made but just a tad too soft for me. Again, this might have been a result of the white sauce soaking in to the potato.
Next time (will be a next time) I will explore some of their basic pasta dishes.
The wines were average and pricy for chianti and white wines. And as an interesting twist, they did not serve decaf espresso. (Italian restaurant?)
Wait staff was friendly and I should have used their recommendations or at least asked their opinions which I will do the next time. As we were leaving Mezzo was quite full and setting up for live entertainment.

Been to Mezzo Bistro & Wine? Share your experiences!