“Best Chapel in Vegas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Vegas Weddings
Ranked #28 of 258 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Vegas Weddings has redefined the experience of getting married in Las Vegas by designing a breathtaking wedding chapel to rival the finest wedding facilities and services anywhere in the world. It has quickly become the premier place for weddings in Las Vegas with more than eight venues to choose from, accommodating intimate couple-only ceremonies to grand parties of 100.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Tomah, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Chapel in Vegas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

My fiance and I got married at the Vegas Wedding Chapel (702 vegas wedding chapel) downtown on August 29, 2010. We ordered the Ignite package and got everything we wanted. We were picked up at the Excalibur in a limo and the wedding went on without a hitch. The staff was friendly but the driver was the best. The reverend who performed the ceremony was very nice. The only gripe I had was having to wait a long time afterward for the limo driver to get back and you couldn't take pictures even in the lobby. I would not advise getting married in the wedding suite as it reminded me of a funeral parlor. But the chapel is perfect and you can tell they took great pride in it.

2 Thank Christie S

Falling Waters
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Dodging a huge bullet! COUPLES BEWARE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

My fiance and I reserved a wedding with Vegas Weddings for this coming October. Let me first start out by saying, if you're looking at their nice website and the nice photos they have showcasing their place/"customer service", please, please do more research before committing to this place. I really hope my review serves as a very good warning to people looking at having their wedding at Vegas Weddings.

We reserved our date in April 2010. When we first made contact with Vegas Wedding's via their online chat, the rep we got was extremely unresponsive and told us she would call us in 5 minutes. Almost 40 minutes later we finally got a call. The "coordinator" we spoke to ended up being very nice so we decided to go ahead and go for it and put $400 down to reserve our date. A day after reserving we received our contract in which I replied to the coordinator with some questions regarding flowers and some other things. While she replied to my other questions regarding the contract/money, my question regarding the cost of the flowers I wanted was ignored and not answered until about 3 months later! And even then we had to CALL. Vegas Weddings did not contact us, we had to call them for a question that should've been answered at the time I asked it in April, not the end of June when I finally received a response.

The problems just seemed to spiral out of control from there.
In June we inquired about adding a light lunch onto our "cake reception". We were told that in order to do that, it was going to cost us around $800. $800?!?!? for a plate of finger sandwiches for 12 people? Are you kidding me? This place is NOT a good value. Especially if you want to do a "reception". From that point on, my bad feeling about having our wedding here just got worse.

So, I decided to start watching ceremonies online via their "live webcam" and let me tell you, if I was one of those couples getting married by the extremely rude, unprofessional woman that's officiating their ceremonies there is no way I would pay them a cent. I mean...who wants to get married by a monotone, rude sounding, could care less to be there, woman? Not me!
So, after seeing how their ceremonies are conducted my fiance and I decided enough was enough and we contacted them to cancel and get our $400 deposit back since we were no longer wanting to have our ceremony with them.

After Linda Robinson (who by the way is one of the most unprofessional "executive directors" I've EVER dealt with) refused to call my fiance back after he called 4 TIMES for her, and all she did was email him back saying "i'm sorry but we do not offer refunds on weddings purchased" at the end of her shift.....we have had it. Check out their so called "refund policy". 100% refund on all weddings purchased after July 1st. Well, last time I checked our wedding was going to be in October. So...because we put a deposit down in April your not guaranteeing your service because it was before July 1st? REALLY? REALLY? How unprofessional can you get?
And now today....after we spoke to our "coordinator" last night, Linda emailed again. (after saying on Monday the 30th of Aug, that she promised she would call us!!!!!)
Not only did she get my email address wrong, she also seemed very confused about what my fiance's name is. So now, another person, who is not me, has an email from Linda Robinson at Vegas Weddings. UNPROFESSIONAL! What company doesn't proof read their emails before hitting send? REALLY? And she is still denying their company is doing anything wrong and also denying us our $400! And just saying "your deposit is good for a year. Maybe you could gift it." LMFAO. Why would we even want to consider a company SO TERRIBLE to our friends and family?

To end this very long review, I'll end it by saying this: we will fight this company tooth and nail to get our money back for services we did NOT receive. And I will get a lawyer involved if need be. I hope it doesn't really have to come to that for $400 (which is something they can make back in 2 hours). It's quite sad really. The place seemed great at first, but buyer beware. I'm so glad we came to our senses and are canceling. Since we've canceled we have received a million times better service at MGM (which is where we are now having our special day).

PS...I didn't even mention that they could not even provide us with better photography samples than what's shown on their site. Makes me wonder if these "photographers" they're using are even professional photographers. If I'm paying money for wedding photos, I want to see better pictures than what they have displayed on their website. Because in my opinion, the photos aren't all that spectacular considering what they're charging.

36 Thank luvstotravel81
West Haverstraw, New York
“Amazing Job”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I had done some research on the internet for Vegas wedding chapels, when I came across Vegas Weddings. Instantly I knew I had to renew my wedding vows there. It started from speaking with our planner Michelle. She was very very helpful and understanding. I had not yet book a photographer for the strip pictures, so I had to call and reschedule several times. Throughout it all she was very professional and helpful. We renewed our vows on a Monday July 5th. From the moment we entered their location we were welcomed and treated very nicely. The entire staff of Vegas Weddings were very polite and professional. Our photographer for our ceremony was amazing...I went in with the intention to not purchase any additional pictures...but when I saw the amazing job she did...I couldn't resist. They have a beautiful establishment with an excellent staff.

Cleveland, OH
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great idea - too many mistakes to be a coincidence”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

My husband and I decided to have a vows renewal for our 10th anniversary. We were visiting friends in Las Vegas so we arranged, through Vegas Weddings, to have a service on board the dinner cruise boat on Lake Mead. The problems began with the booking when agents were unaware of the actual days of the week on which the boat sailed but never said anything and secured a date anyways. We ended up with a wedding reservation for a day that had no boat - then had to change all of our other show tickets and dinner reservations when Vegas Weddings finally got the boat availability sorted out. On the day of the service the limo driver arrived saying he had no champagne glasses for us - even though they were part of the package we bought - so we used plastic only to later that night find them at the bottom of the bag he had been carrying around all evening. The boat crew had not been informed about the champagne we were to have aboard and had to call Vegas Weddings before providing it. The best part came when the limo driver brought us home and then - under the dim hotel entry lights - asked us to sign the waivers of liability AFTER everything was over. All of this for quite a pricey charge and a 19.1% 'service' fee lobbed on top! Even the photo package of 152 photos was not costly enough at $750 but was bumped to over $900 with the lovely service fee! Total cost: over $3,000. Value: poor

15 Thank roadwarrior54
Atlanta, GA
“Nice Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

I booked back in February for a June 12th wedding. We brought in our own minister, which they happily accommodated. We bought the "Dream" package but could have gone for a cheaper package as we didn't get around to doing things like the toast, and the unity candle. This was because we had the most awesome ceremony performed by Minister Glenn Walters as "Elvis between the songs and our vows I think all of our time was taken up and there wasn't a chance to do those things. The chapel was very nice, a tasteful setting. There was a coordinator behind the podium the entire ceremony and though she was unobtrusive as possible I would have preferred she be elsewhere. She may have been running the webcam or something, I dont know.

The staff have this down to a science, the pickup was prompt, there was time to get dressed, and one of the coordinators saved the day when I realized I didn't have the sash to lace up my dress. The fact that there was no rehearsal was no problem at all. The photo session was done expediently and we were all on our way to dinner before we knew it. Many of my friends who couldn't make the ceremony watched on the web and loved it.

we came back the next day to view our photos. Be aware that the packages include only photos taken during the ceremony, not any after with family and such. So if you are thinking of upgrading ceremony packages for the additional photos don't bother. We had over 100 photos to look through, which seemed rather daunting, so when we hemmed and hawed about how many extra photos we thought we wanted and decided on the package of ten for $250, we were quickly offered the lot for $350. I'm sure they didn't want to sit and go through each of those photos either, so they probably make these deals on a regular basis I imagine.

In the end I probably would have been fine with the package of ten additional as many of the shots are multiple versions of the same pose but what the heck, now the family can pick and choose among them. All charges incurred are subject to a %20 service fee. The chapel is located right down the street from the license bureau so we went in after getting our license and they were happy to tour and take custody of the paperwork for us.

All in all a good experience. Glenn Walter was fabulous as Elvis and is apparently the only ordained Elvis in the State of Nevada. If you are interested in a wedding ceremony with Elvis I would check him out.