“Eastside Cannery Exceeds Expectations”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
South Florida
“Eastside Cannery Exceeds Expectations”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

In October I stayed at the Eastside Cannery for the first time. What a great hotel!!! I had a deluxe room which was grreat. The entire staff
seemed very warm and friendly. Food quality was excellent and I enjoyed all of their restaurants. The dealers were nice as well and tried to be helpful. I have since recommended the Cannery to three of my friends and assoociates and look forward to returning soon. My hat is off to Kimerberly Hollowy and her terrific staff. Thank you one ans all. S.G. of South Florida

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank SteveGee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Stayed at the relatively new Eastside Cannery hotel. Location, Boulder strip, might be a little away from the Strip, but it is only a 10-15 minute drive to get there or to LAS airport. However, there are enough other casinos in the surrounding area, eg. Sam's Town & Arizona Charlies (and do not forget the convenience of a Wallmart store just across the road). But why go there as this Cannery property has a big selection of different slots and modern rooms with pretty good beds. My standard room was huge and with enough facilities. Liked in particular the minifridge which was totally empty, so I could fill it with bottles of water and sodas. Also the $ 29.95 per night rate was a great bargain. Even the old places like Sahara, Riviera and Stratosphere were asking more during the nights I was there. Another big plus is that you can park your car easily in front of the hotel and it is just a short walk to reach the elevators to go upstairs to your room. Now compare that with the big casinos on the Strip like MGM, PH, Paris, where you need to pass the (huge) shopping malls first. There should be more of these hotels in Vegas! After checking out and driving almost halfway LA, I found out that I had forgotten to take a bag with newly bought clothes out of the room with me . I phoned the hotel, explained the situation and after a little search they offered me to ship the bag to my home address, which is in Amsterdam (The Netherlands). And the best part, completely free of charge! Well done Eastside Cannery for this fantastic service! I will surely return to your hotel next year.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank Flightpro
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Rooms were very nice and fancy looking. Didnt have all of the mismatched wallpaper and paintings. Employees were nice and helpful. Bus to downtown strip was right outside the hotel. Good drink specials and fun player's club! Definitely be a member of this one! Night club hours are strange..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank jb2186
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights last week. We wanted to stay off the strip to save some $$ and we were on our way to the Grand Canyon anyway. If you have a car, it's easy enough to get to the strip or downtown. Originally, the check-in clerk put us on the 6th floor but after seeing the casino rooftop from our window, we went back to the desk and she gave us a room on the 11th floor without any problem. The rooms are large, with a floor-to-ceiling window. Beds were very comfortable. There was no smoke smell outside of the casino and it was very quiet all night. The casino itself was large with a good variety of new slots and $5 BJ tables. Drink service was very good. It was really quiet in there on Thursday night, a little more crowded on Friday but still easy to get any machine or get a seat at a BJ table. I found the slots by the elevators to be tight but they seemed a little better on the other side of the casino. My wife and I played for several hours and came out fairly even. Overall, a very nice stay!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingBBoomers
maine
Reviewed October 22, 2009

The rooms were a great value for the money, $29.00 weekday and $59.00 weekend. My wife didn't like all the smoke in the casino. We both like to take outside walks while on vacation, but decided it may not be a safe area for walking. The hotel has a good buffet for the money, that we both enjoyed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mainer5
WA
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The rooms were great, spacious with a bar, modern furniture. The whole hotel is only a few years old. The window in the room was huge floor to ceiling glass with an awesome view of the Vegas lights very beautiful.

The staff seemed spaced out and indifferent. They weren't particularly rude or anything they just seemed out of it. It was a little disturbing.

The only real negative to this hotel and its a big one is the stench in the lobby. It reeked of cigarette smoke- the smelliest cheapest cigarettes I am sure. It was so bad that by the time you got to your room you felt dirty and contaminated which really detracted from the beautiful room. The elevator was horribly stinky as well.
Another thing which disgusted me was that this casino was very popular with the local gambling trash (apparently the winnings were good here) and they were here in droves. I do not like seeing a bunch of smelly trashy people on the way up to my room on a daily basis- so although the price was unbelievably low and the room was great I'm not sure I would stay here again or feel comfortable recommending this to a friend.

Also, no free breakfast or free internet which was disappointing.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank JennWA
michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I have been to Las Vegas many times and like to try new places to stay. I saw this new casino/hotel advertised online and decided to try it. The rates were $29 for weekdays and $49 for the weekends. The property is one year old so everything is very new and clean. It is located on Boulder Highway which is about six miles from the strip. We rent a car so that was no problem for us. The rooms were huge and included a microwave and small refrigerator. The bathtub/shower could easily hold two people. Housekeeping was very good and everything was very clean. To get to our room the room key had to be put into a slot in the elevator or it would not go up. We thought that was a great security measure. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple