“excellent stay will stay again”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #104 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 9, 2014

stay here in an petit suite for 2 nights with a great deal of agoda the room was fantastic 2 floor to ceiling windows and you can relax in the Jacuzzi and see the strip from the room I was in 202 I think lovely big bed, fridge and wet bar also massive bathroom with a walk in shower and Jacuzzi bath very deep water wings may be needed lol. front desk absolutely fantastic I was helped by charlotte as my booking had not been put on their system but after a few calls she sorted it and she had finished her shift but stayed on to help me thank you very much by the she didn't say a word about staying on to help me so thanks again. there's a free shuttle from sam's town to harrah's strip and California downtown as the strip is about a 7-10 min drive or a 202 bus stop right outside the hotel last stop $7 for 24 hours I believe and you will not miss the hotel at night as it's lit up like a Christmas tree lol. enjoy I did.

Room Tip: petit suite/corner room with views of the strip and mountains fantastic
2  Thank nookiebear73

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Because of the Nascar Race almost all hotels on the strip were either fully booked or very expensive. We stayed in this hotel for three nights because of the fairly good reviews and the price. The room was quite spacious and the location is fairly convenient to the strip or to go outside the town.

However, I would not stay again because of the poor service. Perhaps there are exceptions, but most of front desk staff were unfriendly and unwilling to help. Your calls are not answered even after twenty rings. Sometimes, three of them are standing at the front desk doing nothing, but when they see you they turn around from you and start talking amongst themselves or start making telephone calls. At the time of check out, six of us were waiting in the line, but only one person was working. I asked if she could not get help, she responded "this is it!" I asked for an extra luggage rack, since we had two large suitcases, but we never got it. On the second day morning, the housekeeping said they would bring it in 10 minutes, but it never came. Only on the second day evening after more repeated requests, they brought some box on which we could put our suitcase. There is no microwave or coffeemaker in the room, so we had to go to their coffee bar in the morning and to their restaurant in the evening to buy coffee.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GerogeY
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We decided to try a hotel away from the noise and hustle and bustle around the strip for our 2 nights stay in Las Vegas. After reading the reviews for Eastside Cannery and finding a really good rate we decided to give it a try. We're glad we did. It definitely is a ways out from the strip but there are several other casino/hotels in the area but you really do need a vehicle to get around. There is good shopping (Galleria Mall) fairly close by if one likes to shop in Vegas.
As for the rooms, they are large and well appointed. We found the beds very comfortable for us. The only minor complaint we had was that we found the noise level from people letting their doors slam shut and talking loudly by the elevators a bit annoying at times. Otherwise the rooms were great for the price. Never used the pool. We did eat at the casino restaurants and although the food wasn't great, for the price it was okay. The prime rib we had looked like it had been heated in the microwave. The buffet was average but for $12 for 2 (with coupon) who can complain. The thing I liked best in determining staying here is that this hotel doesn't charge the resort fees that pretty much every other hotel in Vegas now charges. Good for them to buck this trend.
As long as you don't need or want to be in walking distance to a dozen hotels and like it a lot quieter then I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room a few doors away from the elevator.
1  Thank caintown
Reviewed February 21, 2014

A great experience on the Boulder Strip, 8 miles, 20 minutes east of the famous Las Vegas Strip. I have stayed many places in VEGAS, but this one experience, knocks the ball out of the park.

Perks(4 Star Quality):
1) Great customer service, friendly cordial front desk(Charlotte), casino personnel and restaurant servers.
2) Extra CLEAN new rooms with fabulous views, lush carpeting, elegant drapes, comfy bedding and a wonderful extra large bathtub made to soak in. Great desk lighting for work or reading, (unusual in hotels today, too dim)
3) The Casino pays, it's a win win deal. Get the $10 free slot play and $10 free food coupon from the Players Desk.
4) Great security in the parking lot, golf cart and bike patrols. Great security in the hotel, with a guard near the elevators ensuring hotel guest only.
5) Restaurant and room service pricing is very modest, 1/2 the price of other hotels. Quality of food, A+.
6) Great stay for those who frequent Las Vegas.

** If you are a first time visitor to Vegas, not recommended ONLY because you miss the fun and people watching ALONG THE FABULOUS LAS VEGAS STRIP. (LAS VEGAS BLVD north of TROPICANA, DO NOT STAY IN DOWNTOWN LAS VEGAS-FREMONT AREA.)

But EASTSIDE CANNERY IS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, I WILL BE BACK AGAIN.

THANK YOU EASTSIDE CANNERY, I LOVED MY STAY !!

Room Tip: Book early for discounts. Check in early, before 3pm to ensure you get smoking or non smoking rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Longbeachmjc
Reviewed February 20, 2014

On Boulder Strip. New moderne hotel rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and flat screen TVs. Room service, 24H (reasonable + $3.50 + 18%), PPV. Full casino, race/sports book, buffet, bar, coffee shop. Bell & valet service. Free parking. Golden-oldie rock acts in the showroom. Play in casino to meet a variety of folk from streetlife to seniors. Eat across the street at Longhorn. Also across Boulder Hwy is a 24H Wal-Mart & other shops.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was very pleased with my room. Beautiful views on two walls. The jet jacuzzi tub was huge, and a wonderful treat. The only problem that I had is that they charged me for an extra night stay, which the desk caught and stated they would fix.... Also if you use your ATM/debit card to pay they charge an extra $75 as a hold on your account for around 2 weeks which would have been helpful to know before hand. Other then that I was extremely happy with my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tierra_lee
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I booked into this hotel based on the great reviews it had and their value for money but they ruined my vacation. It started with booking a smoking room, and when I checked in I found no ashtray so I asked for one just to find out that I am staying in a non-smoking floor. Eventually, they charged me a "fine" of $150 for smoking in a non smoking room. When I complained, they lied claiming that they offered me a change of room which never happened. Add to that they charge double the rate on Fridays and Saturdays without advertising that. Poker room is very poor and you will have to wait for hours before finding enough players to start a game, so I had to play in almost every hotel/casino in town (which was a lot of fun). I found out that there are a lot of decent hotels in the wildest area in Vegas for almost the same price. Even a cap driver once told me while we are chatting, "you are staying in a trash hotel" and advised me another one. The Pepsi machine is broken as it took my coins and returned nothing. When I informed them they told me to complain to the manufacturer. I was shocked also when I found out that I cannot get fresh air into my room as windows are securely locked. I enjoyed 10 days in Vegas to the max but this hotel has ruined it eventually with a series of incidents and when they charged me +$250 extra even after I complained to management.

Look else where and you will be surprised for what you can get for the same rates.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo