“Great view, modern room”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #102 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 20, 2014

On Boulder Strip. New moderne hotel rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and flat screen TVs. Room service, 24H (reasonable + $3.50 + 18%), PPV. Full casino, race/sports book, buffet, bar, coffee shop. Bell & valet service. Free parking. Golden-oldie rock acts in the showroom. Play in casino to meet a variety of folk from streetlife to seniors. Eat across the street at Longhorn. Also across Boulder Hwy is a 24H Wal-Mart & other shops.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was very pleased with my room. Beautiful views on two walls. The jet jacuzzi tub was huge, and a wonderful treat. The only problem that I had is that they charged me for an extra night stay, which the desk caught and stated they would fix.... Also if you use your ATM/debit card to pay they charge an extra $75 as a hold on your account for around 2 weeks which would have been helpful to know before hand. Other then that I was extremely happy with my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tierra_lee
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I booked into this hotel based on the great reviews it had and their value for money but they ruined my vacation. It started with booking a smoking room, and when I checked in I found no ashtray so I asked for one just to find out that I am staying in a non-smoking floor. Eventually, they charged me a "fine" of $150 for smoking in a non smoking room. When I complained, they lied claiming that they offered me a change of room which never happened. Add to that they charge double the rate on Fridays and Saturdays without advertising that. Poker room is very poor and you will have to wait for hours before finding enough players to start a game, so I had to play in almost every hotel/casino in town (which was a lot of fun). I found out that there are a lot of decent hotels in the wildest area in Vegas for almost the same price. Even a cap driver once told me while we are chatting, "you are staying in a trash hotel" and advised me another one. The Pepsi machine is broken as it took my coins and returned nothing. When I informed them they told me to complain to the manufacturer. I was shocked also when I found out that I cannot get fresh air into my room as windows are securely locked. I enjoyed 10 days in Vegas to the max but this hotel has ruined it eventually with a series of incidents and when they charged me +$250 extra even after I complained to management.

Look else where and you will be surprised for what you can get for the same rates.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Hossam H
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for one night just to give it a shot and see how well it was based on decent reviews and I was happy for the most part...

Pros - Cheap, clean, comfortable and modern rooms
Free Wifi
Free coffee
Free drink on the house
2 free bottles of water in the fridge
Security patrols parking lot 24/7

Cons - Area is a bit sketchy, not totally dangerous but not the type of area you wander around as an outsider feeling totally safe
No in room safe
Buffet was not good
Casino game selection is decent but not the best
A bit far from the main strip

All around it's a nice little casino and you can't beat the price but if your planning on hitting the strip you might fare better staying closer.. it's a little bit of a hike

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Mike T
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It was our first time in Vegas, and we enjoyed it very much. We were very happy to find hotel which was very clean with big and modern rooms, and with very nice view, and with free Wifi. We spent 3 nights there and we were very happy with everything in Las Vegas!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sean C
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is a good 15 minute drive from the strip and the patrons are not in their 20s or 30s. Lots of slots and other games in the hotel casino if you are the type.

The rooms are quite clean, comfortable and well equipped. The internet was free and fast as well as TV cable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank RMando
Reviewed January 26, 2014

As most hotels in Las Vegas this one is also a Casino. The rooms are huge, very clean, modern and the view to the desert was amazing, specially at sunset.
It is near to the mainstreets, but you got to rent a car

Room Tip: The rooms on the left side of the hotel have the view to the desert and are really calm.