“Off Strip winner!”

Ranked #82 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vancouver
“Off Strip winner!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Vegas several times and have always stayed near or on the Strip. This time we thought about doing something different and spent four nights at the Eastside Cannery. You'll definitely need a car since the Strip is about 15 minutes away, but if you're mobile it's well worth the savings to stay off Strip. The hotel is well maintained, as clean as anything we've stayed in on the Strip, and conveniently located along Boulder highway. It doesn't offer the mammoth size of some casino hotels but it also doesn't have the crowds. Rooms are well appointed, quiet and offer great views. Parking is free and there are several restaurants and casinos nearby. Book the Cannery for your next Vegas getaway. It'll mean more money for other things, like shows and shopping!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sixweeks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Thousand Oaks
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I go to Las Vegas for work twice a week was happy to find a hotel without a resort fee. The rooms are a nice size, bed and pillows are comfy. Ate at the coffee shop food was good and value was good. I also liked the mini fridge. Free in room WiFi worked well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank GSF835
Rochester, NY
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am a retired, once-a-year traveler to Las Vegas. I enjoy playing blackjack while there. Unfortunately, my budget does not afford me the option to play on the strip, where usual blackjack minimums are $10. To satisfy my blackjack desires, I always leave the strip and head down to Boulder Highway. There are several local casinos that have $3 blackjack, all paying 3/2 for a blackjack. Without a doubt, my favorite local place is the Eastside Cannery, on Boulder Highway. I just returned from Las Vegas yesterday (1-16-2014). Over the three days that I was there, I played hours and hours of $3 blackjack at the Eastside Cannery. While all of the dealers were professional and friendly, there was one that was superlative. Her name is Brenda. She told us that she's been with the Cannery for over 17 years. It was very obvious that she enjoys her job. She was fun, she was glad to chat with us. She would also give suggestions if we were about to make a bad play. The pit boss was also wonderful. His name was Les. On our third day there, the $3 table wasn't open (I believe that one of the dealers had become ill that day). Les allowed us to play at the $5, using only $3 bets. Very nice of him. I about broke even over the three days of blackjack; something I could never do if I was just playing the slots.

If you're in Vegas and have a desire to play low-stakes blackjack, I'd highly suggest that you head on down to the Eastside Cannery, on Boulder Highway. You'll have a good time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank joearena
oxnard, california, usa
Reviewed January 11, 2014

had a nice room, great view of the city and mountains, room was clean and modern, windows were floor to ceiling, I booked early and got a great deal, walls were a little thin, could hear guy next door showering and coughing a lot (normal for hotels), bathroom had a very very slight urine smell to it, but I may a have sensitive nose, bed was new seally, but it seemed too sofa soft to me and uneven, the feather pillows are like other hotels, use one and it is squeeshes down to not enough support, use 2 and your neck is too high and gets krinked, good security feature in that you need to use your room key in the elevator to go to your floor, all the soap and shampoo are in liquid dispensers mounted on the wall, the TV was big, clear and great, I watched a station called palladia which shows music concerts, i dont have this were I live, it is well off the strip but I had a car so no problem, there is a walmart right next to it where you can buy sodas and keep it in the mini fridge in your room, ice is on the same floor as your room, they have an iron and board but I did not use it, no daily service or parking fees , yea!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank hearthis09
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I went to the CES show in Las Vegas, which is extremely crowded and very expensive on the strip.

So, I was looking for a place off of the strip. East side Cannery was the perfect choice....only about 10 minute from the strip and very quiet, clean, mellow atmosphere!

The only negative thing I have to say is the buffet is not the best....it was edible but not very good at all.

Any future trips to Las Vegas, I will be staying at the Eastside Cannery!!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank D N
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We recently spent four nights with the nice folks at Eastside Cannery. First point that made us happy was being able to check-in at 9:30am - much earlier than standard. Second point for happiness was, no resort fee. For years we have stayed at a neighbor hotel and always overlooked the small resort fee. Fortunately for the Cannery, the competition doubled the fee in 2013 so we decided to look elsewhere - and we're glad we did! Large, clean, comfortable room, nice view, free WiFi (a big issue almost everywhere in LV) and our room and the casino were an elevator ride apart - without being separated by miles of corridors and hallways. Also, we love to play penny keno which is not found in most Strip casinos but is fairly common along Boulder Highway. Eastside Cannery has enough penny keno to keep us and a lot of other folks entertained.

We arrived in Las Vegas by plane and rode the city bus to the hotel - requires a change on Flamingo Road but Las Vegas transit is efficient, affordable and the best part - the bus stops right outside the Cannery and sits there for awhile because it is at the end of the route. Easy to get to the airport and to the Strip if you are on a budget and without a vehicle.

We are booked in at the Cannery again and are looking forward to more fun times with nice folks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators if you want an easy connection to the casino and restaurants
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank hereandthere
kpholloway, Manager at Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your very positive review! We take pride in not only offering the best accommodations on Boulder Hwy, but having up front pricing as well. That is why we do not have a resort fee. And now, it gets even better! Included in your rate is free bottled water in your room, free coffee, danish, newspaper and a cocktail!

We look forward to your next visit!

Kim Holloway
Director of Hotel Operations
Cannery Casino Resorts
Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you are looking for a cheap and 4 star hotel, you should choose this one. Great hotel with clean room and big space. 15 mins away from the strip but if you are driving, you won't have any problem. You will also find many restaurants in this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business