“Spectacular lodging!”

Ranked #82 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Brooklyn, New York, Usa
“Spectacular lodging!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Awesome receptionists, nice pool, spacious room, spacious bathroom, toiletries and hair dryer provided, friendly housekeeping. Awesome everything. Big parking lot. Not too far away from the glitz and glamour of the main strip. Ask for a room with a nice view of the mountains.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank anonykit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Huntington Beach
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had a 4 day conference in Henderson and needed an inexpensive place to stay fairly close by (hotel is right next to Sam's Town). Eastside Cannery was the least expensive I could find. My biggest concern was that it was clean. I experienced MUCH more than that! The rooms rate up with the nicer hotels on the Strip. Flat screen TV, VERY spacious, refrigerator. No coffee maker. Read a review before I went saying toilet paper felt like sand. It was a bit coarser than Charming, but worked just fine!!! I would definitely recommend!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A CAN Employee -Cecily- I had briefly talked to her on the telephone. I live 20 min away, but drove in the storm because issues with my points. Even though I had called early in the day, she recognized me before I even said my name and was very kind and displayed the most upmost professionalism I have seen by any CAN member. The second Ms. Maya Bertiger, Slot Manager. She was kind and professional the entire time even though another Can member kept interrupting the conversation. Her behavior reflects what a good Manager she is.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
kpholloway, Manager at Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your review, I have passed your compliments on to our staff members, who truly are our greatest asset!

Kim Holloway
Director of Hotel Operations
Gambrills, Maryland
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My lady friend and I went to the Eastside Cannery Casino in August of 2013. It's located at 5255 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV‎ 89122, about 4 miles from the strip. We were not staying at the hotel; instead, we stayed at a hotel on the strip. We went to the Eastside Cannery to get the benefit of their rumored looser slots. The Eastside Cannery Casino has all of the latest slots and they are looser than what you get on the strip in our opinion. The usual table games are available with minimums that are generally lower than on the strip.

We went to the buffet they had available for only about $9 a person. Food selection was good, but not great, and the food was well prepared.

I can recommend the Eastside Cannery as a very good alternative to the strip and you might win some money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jacob R
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our 26th jaunt from Columbus, Ohio to Las Vegas took us further from the Strip than ever. Feel we made a good choice in selecting The Eastside Cannery.
Room gaffe upon check-in left us a little anxious, however, Shift Manager Richard immediately took care of the issue by needlessly, yet, appreciated upgrade to a Petite Suite. The room was very large, and clean. BED WAS INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!
Parking was easy in the front lot. Minute and a half, at most, to the elevators.
Nice large flat screen. Room service inconsistent, but, always had clean towels. Huge shower, though kinda weird in that it had no shower door. Refrigerator handy. 5th Floor, No View.
Pool was basic, yet, adequate;for a few hours of sunning, with very few people around. Imagine that on the Strip.
Only tried Snaps Restaurant, which was fine.
Gambled a lot. Simply was not my week.
Boulder Highway has everything you could want, stores, banks, restaurants and other Casinos.
If you want to hang on the Strip, you'll need a car.
Ding Eastside Cannery for the following: 1) No Business Center. Could not print coupons to take advantage of some rewards, or, print boarding passes. 2) No work-out center, but, understand it's a "Locals" place. 3) No "Eastside Cannery" T-Shirts. NONE!!. 4) No Coffee Shop.
We would consider staying at Eastside Cannery again, and, would recommend the Casino/Hotel to others.

l

Room Tip: While we note they're building a Parking Garage, park in the front lot. Minute and half, or, le...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank noswal10
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the front desk did not offer to print your boarding pass, as we do offer that service on a complimentary basis. Also, I apologize that during your visit we did not have any Eastside T-Shirts in the gift shop since we generally keep a wide variety of logo'd merchandise for sale there. I hope that you will visit us again soon!

Kim Holloway
Director of Hotel Operations
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel casino is 6 miles from the airport.
Good if you intend to stay in one location and gamble.
Bad if you want to do some sight-seeing in Vegas.
The rooms are clean and spacious. We got upgraded to a large suite because when we checked in there weren't any of the rooms we requested left.
The ground floor is where all the restaurants and slot machines are and it reeks of smoke.
It cost us $30 to take a taxi there. We decided to cancel the rest of our nights there and booked a place on the Strip which was more expensive but a lot more accessible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Soo94
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After reading some mixed reviews about this hotel/casino we weren't sure what to expect, but we were definitely pleased with our experience. We arrived an hour early but check-in was easy, and in fact we were given a complimentary upgrade to a petite jacuzzi suite! The corner room on the 13th floor made for awesome views, and the room was clean, quiet and comfortable... no trace of smoke at all.

We are non-smokers and I'm pretty sensitive to smoke, but I really didn't think it was a problem in the casino at all... actually, most of the time we didn't even notice it.

We signed up for the Players Club card and received a newspaper with coupons for the restaurants, so our first night we tried the buffet. Despite the various ethnic food stations (Italian, Mexican, Asian, American), the selections were limited and the food just average, so we didn't return. Snaps cafe was good, we ate there several times, and tried the deli as well. We were disappointed that the Mexican restaurant is only open for limited hours Thurs-Sat and we weren't able to try it; it would have made for a nice Saturday lunch had it been open.

The staff at the hotel, gift shop, restaurants, lounge and casino were always friendly and respectful - we had no complaints in that regard either.

We'd definitely stay here again!

(FYI: Wal-Mart isn't exactly "right across the street" and I would never have thought to walk there as a previous reviewer did, but it is fairly close, although you would need to cross two busy roads to reach it.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple