“This place was okay, but I wouldn't stay there again!!”

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #82 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Murrieta, California
“This place was okay, but I wouldn't stay there again!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was nice for the price, but I didn't feel like it was the best place to stay. I wanted to stay at the Eastside Cannery because my husband and I were taking our 3 year old son with us and we didn't want to be around the partying and noise from the strip. Also because we had plans to see the Counting Cars and Pawn Stars place so the strip wasn't our first priority. I felt like the customer servie wasn't really the best. Everyone seemed to not really care about us. The only one that really seemed to give a dang about us was the valet guy who was really working for that tip! The thing that really anoyed me from the begining was that the hotel would not let us use a luggage cart to bring up all our luggage. They will only allow the valet guys to do it so that you have to tip them! The guy that was supposed to bring ours up took so long that my husband had to go looking for him to figure out what was taking so long. We had to wait for our luggage for about 15 minuets which is long when your in need of a change of pants for a 3 year old who just had an accident!! The room was pretty nice and we did have a great view of the strip. The beds were very nice to sleep on. Our tv was a great big flat screen tv that was so hard to turn on and off or to change the channels which made that a real bummer. It was nice that we had a little fridge to put our drinks in and left overs. The bathroom was a pretty decent size, but I do have to say that I did not like the shower. It looked so inviting at first, but after I got in I realized that it was very slippery. For some reason they do not have any kind of bath mat to use in it and the bottom of the tub seemed too smooth and not enough grip at the bottom. Every time I used it I didn't really feel safe in there. The first time I showered in it I slipped pretty bad and had to grab the wall to keep myself from falling. I thought that it was just a fluke moment I had, but then my 3 year old son slipped in it twice while I bathed him in it and he even hit his head pretty good on the side of the tub. I ended up putting a towel at the bottom while I showered and that seemed to help. I would really recommend putting the towel when you shower. The buffet restaurant was okay there. I can not say that I had anything that really blew my socks off. The breakfast buffet there was the worst. I ended up only getting a mini waffel and some over cooked bacon because the eggs were all runny and mushy. The buffet wasn't even cheap either! The pool seemd dirty to me. It was very foggy and had alot of hair floating around in it. It also had too much chlorine. Your eye's would burn alot when you would swim in it. I wouldn't really recommend swiming in that pool. The thing that really upset me the most about this place was that in the end when we went to check out, right before we went to the front desk we called to get a total of what we owed and we got a total that was way over than what we were expecting to pay. We quickly went to the front desk and asked for an itemized reciept of our total. Once again we got a whole other total that was still not what it was supposed to be. I ended up giving them a printed out reciept that I fortunately brought from home when I made my reservations online and showed them the total we were supposed to have. The oriental woman at the desk didn't even appologize, she just grabbed the paper and stared at the computer. My husband ended up looking over that reciept and found that they had charged us for a long distance call that we never made. I asked her why that happened and she just looked at me with the meanest stare. Still no apology! She did take the charge off. She then finally hands us another reciept and says okay that is your total. Imagine if I had not brought my reciept from home. I can only imagine what they would have charged us. I really recommend that you bring proof of what you reserve your room for if you make your reservations online. Over all our stay was okay. Don't go here expecting alot! From the staff or the hotel. Your just going to get a standard, basic service and stay. There is no one going out of there way to make your stay pleasent or memorable. I wont be staying here again. I would rather go to a Best Western. At least there they are nice to you and give you a free breakfast!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mrs K
kpholloway, Manager at Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hi and thank you for your review. I apologize that your experience was not up to either your or our standards! We take pride in offering the very best of service and accommodations, and did not deliver in your case. I will follow up on your comments and insure that they are addressed.

Kim Holloway
Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at Eastside Cannery from July 9th - 15th. Traveled with my Dad. We were very surprised by the room....very spacious. Beds were extremely comfortable. We were in room 1101. Side and front of room were floor to ceiling windows. A fantastic view of the strip every day/night. We had a light bulb out over the toilet. Was fixed in minutes. I must say the staff at the hotel from dealers to cocktail waitress to maintenance were very friendly and made the stay very pleasant. We ate in Snaps for breakfast a few times. Food was fine. Tip - If you want morning coffee...go to the Deli. I do prefer a stronger coffee....but I think both Snaps and the Deli use the same brand. Was a little weak for my taste. We mainly played blackjack the whole time we were there. Dealers were fun. "Mom" was too funny. Now on to the not so nice - the Pool area. Dad and I usually stick to laying out by the pool during the day and gambling early evening into the early morning hours. Unfortunately....we couldn't do that at this hotel. The pool area was extremely lacking in amenities. Granted I understand that this is a "locals" hotel, and normally they don't cater to the pool crowd. I must say however that there is nothing at the pool except some very uncomfortable chaise lounges. The lounges chairs have arms that do not move. When trying to lay flat...your arms are up in the air. Horrible. Also, no drinks or bar area . I saw a sign about ordering food. There are water fountains by the bathrooms....but they were as hot as the outside temperature. The pool itself needs to be cleaned more often. There was a ring of grease/suntan lotion all around the perimeter of the pool. I guess you have to go inside the casino to get a drink to take back to the pool. Very inconvenient. I know this doesn't sound like a major problem, but it unfortunately will probably keep us from coming back. In summary A+ for rooms and staff...but an F for the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with "01" on the end....should have a great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank diggy29
Thank you for your overall positive review, I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations and the service you received from our staff members. I apologize that our pool area did not offer you the experience you were expecting, we do have some plans in the works to improve the overall area for next pool season and hope that you will give us another chance if you visit again in the warmer months.

Kim Holloway
Denver Area
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay over July 4 weekend and were actually surprised at how comfortable our stay was. Rooms clean, bed fantastic and soaker tub was huge. A lot of people complain of smoke but I couldn't say it. bothered me. The only improvement I would suggest is additional valet people. Place was super busy. Hope they send bounce back offers because we will return.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank SteveinColorado
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our room was large, clean, very new, quiet, comfortable beds, everything worked, the desk clerk was nice, so I think we got great value for our $29.66 room. There were no resort fees, so the total was about $35. There was no coffee maker or microwave. We drove, so we did not use the bus to the strip. We did not gamble, or eat at the hotel. I think you have to buy a card to gamble to get discounted meals. For a one night stop over this room was great. We drove to the strip at 9 p.m. thinking we might walk around, but it was 106 degrees, so we just drove, which took almost an hour after we got to the strip because traffic was moving by inches dues to construction.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
kpholloway, Manager at Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hi and thank you for taking the time to review the Eastside Cannery. We agree that the Eastside Cannery offers the best quality room for your money on the Boulder Hwy. While you do not need to purchase a card to gamble, we do encourage our customers to join our rewards club to earn discounts property wide. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a second time in June. Nice clean comfortable rooms. Beds are pretty nice. Casino is pretty good, lots of penny slots. Good drink specials at the bar. $1.50 for a draft bud light. Restaurants are average. Good hotel if you like a quiter atmosphere compared to the strip.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Bak1979
Thank you for posting a review of the Eastside Cannery, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!
Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was a one night get away stay, but it felt like longer. The waitresses and staff were very friendly. The bed made me fall asleep right away. The regular room was like a mini apartment. The tub was so relaxing and shower felt nice. The view of sunrise mountain and pool were amazing. I am going back.the buffett has alot of variety, and breakfast was great at Snaps with the Belgian waffle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tiff M
kpholloway, Manager at Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your very positive review! We look forward to your next visit.

Kimberly Holloway
Cannery Casino Resorts
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three days and the bedroom was huge and very comfortable; the parking lot is huge as the pool. However we have many complain about the lack of costumer service in the front desk; we arrive a 1:30 PM they say "your room is not available" we returned two hours later and a difference person said that the room was not available yet.

Be aware that this Hotel is about 1/2 hour off the strip. You must have a car to get to it. It is far way from all attractions. The lobby has a terrible smell because it is at the same place as the casino is, due the smoke, if you stay just two minutes there you will smell terrible.

If you have kids, you must go to other hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Freape
Thank you for your review, I apologize for the lack of service you received at the front desk. It is our goal to provide the very best of service and clearly we did not do so in your case. We have identified a systemic error on our part that was causing rooms to not become available in a timely manner, we have since corrected this issue. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit.

Kimberly Holloway