“Great hotel / Bad location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
Ranked #82 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Great hotel / Bad location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what a surprise. Great hotel in a bad area. Lots of security. Lots of low lifes walking around. Rooms are beautiful. Be careful in the tub, they use liquid soaps, very slippery. Beds are comfy. Tvs are big. Room design is stellar. Nice and quiet with great views. Front desk staff and reservations are not polished / lack of training and management. Require coupons for discounts / comps. Other casinos use your players card directly. One of the few casinos still using silly coupons. FYI to management everyone else stopped using couppons due to employee fraud / theft. Time to get with the times GM. A highroller using coupons, just embarrasing.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Willow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms at Eastside Cannery are very comfortable and spacious and come with a frig. This is by far the nicest rooms we've stayed in anywhere off the Strip. Snaps Cafe located inside the casino is also a great place to eat with reasonable prices. The casino itself has lots of slots and tables with room to move around so it doesn't feel crowded. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I made arrangements for my friend to spend her 1st visit to Las Vegas at this hotel and checking in was quite an ordeal. Being a local in the Hospitality industry at an off-strip hotel, I am very familiar with rules and procedures. I am also aware of exceptions and judgement calls. When I arrived at the frontdesk I was asked for ID and a CC. At this particular moment I was having issues with my CC company and available funds which I clearly explained to the f/d agent. I was told immediately NO so I asked to speak to a mgr or sprvsr. This was in the middle of a 3 day wknd so communication with certain companies was very difficult. I explained again to the mgr that I was trying to check my friend in, I would not be staying (I work the graveyard shift) and I would leave any amount of cash for incidentals as i had actual cash on me at the time. I explained that i was trying to get my cc issue straight for the last 2hrs but have been unsuccessful. I promised to return in the AM to get matters resolved as my main concern was to get my friend checked in. Again without hesitation, I was denied check in as they did not except cash deposits. I had to change my reservation for c/i the following day and make other arrangements for my friend. I believe that an exception to the rule could have been made by the manager after hearing my story. Again, I too deal with guest from all over the world and making a judgement call is something I have to do on occassions. I believe its part of providing customer service and taking that 1 extra step in exceeding a guests expectations. I was a little embarrassed as I carried my friends luggage back out the front doors and into the same cab we arrived in. I feel that the mgr could have and should have taken more time to listen and research my loyalty to this hotel as a players club member along with my honesty. I really dont think my friend will be staying there again. Teaching/Authorizing management to make exceptions could benefit the casino rather than turning guest away.

Room Tip: Ask for High floor...dont expect a nice view. too far away from the main strip
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank robzwurld68
British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

After reading the mostly very positive reviews, we decided to try this hotel. From booking (online) right through to checkout, our experience was excellent.
We had requested a room above the fourth floor, if available, to try to get a decent view, and were thrilled to be on the fourteenth floor. The room was great; in fact, it looked as if we were the first guests. Absolutely no signs of wear or use on the carpet, walls, furnishings. I liked the granite countertops and the full wall-sized window that looked out over the city.
Although there was a slight smoky smell in the hallway, I didn't notice anything in our room. Maybe the hotel wasn't that busy, but it seemed there was no one near our room, or, if so, we couldn't hear them. Our bed was very comfortable.
We ate at Snaps for dinner and breakfast, and were impressed with the servers and the food. Cost was very reasonable considering the quantity and quality of our meals.
Being out on the Boulder Highway, this hotel was about a fifteen minute drive from either the strip or the Fremont Street Experience, but it suited us fine, as we were in town to watch rugby out in the Henderson area. It was convenient for a quick trip to the Hoover Dam, as well.
If I go back to Vegas, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again; in fact, it would be my first choice.

Room Tip: If you don't mind heights, the higher the better. You get an expansive view and there's les...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rossie1209
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We arraqnged to meet some local family here to have a lunch visit! I had never bee to this part of Vegas and found it very nice. A quaint but modern facility it is a clean casino with very sweet friendly staff. We dined in a place called Snaps. Name works with all the old time pictures hanging from teh ceiling and walls. Very clean, we ate well and were treated like family by the staff. A gal named Lee was especially helpful. We returned the next day with a bigger group and were treated just as well and as efficiently. A hit and worth the trip!

Room Tip: eat at Snaps and ask for Lee
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank milliejudd
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I wouldn't stay here again. First off the receptionist at check-in was not happy. She checked us in but had a scowl on her face the entire time. Grant it, it was midnight when we checked in and I did mention that we would be checking in at midnight when I made reservations. But she couldn't manage a smile!!

The room, although a non-smoking one, smells of cigarette smoke. Several times I smell it coming through the bathroom vent. The bed is comfortable and clean. The tub was dirty and should have been cleaned....I had to rinse down hair that was at the back of the tub.

I'm grateful that their Deli is open 24/7 but since I don't like eating my meals when there is a lot of cigarette smoke present, we took our meals up to our room. Good $3.99 deal on breakfast at Snaps.

Although its not on the strip, I did like that it was only 15 minutes by taxi to and from the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Lovena H
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fun spot to hang out and great rates if you need to stay the night. Wouldn't be a top choice for vacationers but locals should certainly come to this hotel. Beautiful views of the strip. Especially fun during pool season.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family