“A pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #84 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Detroit, Michigan
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We arraqnged to meet some local family here to have a lunch visit! I had never bee to this part of Vegas and found it very nice. A quaint but modern facility it is a clean casino with very sweet friendly staff. We dined in a place called Snaps. Name works with all the old time pictures hanging from teh ceiling and walls. Very clean, we ate well and were treated like family by the staff. A gal named Lee was especially helpful. We returned the next day with a bigger group and were treated just as well and as efficiently. A hit and worth the trip!

Room Tip: eat at Snaps and ask for Lee
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank milliejudd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I wouldn't stay here again. First off the receptionist at check-in was not happy. She checked us in but had a scowl on her face the entire time. Grant it, it was midnight when we checked in and I did mention that we would be checking in at midnight when I made reservations. But she couldn't manage a smile!!

The room, although a non-smoking one, smells of cigarette smoke. Several times I smell it coming through the bathroom vent. The bed is comfortable and clean. The tub was dirty and should have been cleaned....I had to rinse down hair that was at the back of the tub.

I'm grateful that their Deli is open 24/7 but since I don't like eating my meals when there is a lot of cigarette smoke present, we took our meals up to our room. Good $3.99 deal on breakfast at Snaps.

Although its not on the strip, I did like that it was only 15 minutes by taxi to and from the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Lovena H
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fun spot to hang out and great rates if you need to stay the night. Wouldn't be a top choice for vacationers but locals should certainly come to this hotel. Beautiful views of the strip. Especially fun during pool season.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank amk07g
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Boulder highway east of the strip- a 20 van-ride and discount more heavily than the strip. Most people know of SAMS TOWN, but just south of Sam's, you can see a colorful newer property that is pretty decent. I believe this property was completed in 2010, so it's a lot younger than most of Boulder highway's hotels. That alone makes it a favorite for locals. The gambling here is low key, less pressure, and I always feel like I win there. Basic layout but ventilation, and service is above average, the property is across from major shopping, (Wal*Mart, grocery stores) so I would imagine this would be a huge asset if traveling with kids.

The rooms are modern and affordable, and lots of locals will stay-cation here. They have lots of local incentives and try to create a "club" scene on the top floor, but I've never gone. Cool view I've been told.

Nothing that will amaze you, just a basic property, with a little more advantages than it's competitors in that area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank kyle m
Cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The concept of the Eastside Cannery is a good one: nicely furnished rooms in an unpretentious setting offering a good value off the chaos of the Las Vegas Strip. It’s an appealing formula, and one that has worked – in my experience – at The Orleans and South Pointe.
I got a good deal through Kayak on three nights starting New Year’s Day. Having read many positive reviews – and always looking for the most bang for my Vegas buck - I booked it.
EC gets some things right. The design of the hotel and casino is chic and modern…which is in direct contrast to the people who play and stay there. The rooms are new and pleasant, with modern bathrooms, comfy beds, flat screen TVs, and a mini-fridge. Housekeeping during my three days was excellent. The coolest feature was the soap and shampoo dispensers, which are attached to the wall in both the shower and the sink. This is an ingenious idea, and so much better than the little bottles and bars of toiletries one normally gets.
Unfortunately, the EC drops the ball on some fundamental drills. To start with, no one was at the desk to check me in when I arrived. This was a new one. In fact, the counter was completely dark. Honestly, I didn’t have to wait more than a couple of minutes for a woman to emerge out of the back room to check me in, but it was a little…odd.
Next, despite the rooms looking pleasant and well furnished, it makes a couple unforgivable errors. To start with, the walls are THIN. And I do mean thin. This is fine when no one is next door. But when there is a couple next door who is very, er, amorous, then it’s a little disconcerting. I will spare you the gory details, but let’s just say I blame the walls more than the mating calls of the lovebirds next door.
The heating system also did not work well. It basically had a three degree range: no matter what temperature you set the thermostat at, it would go no lower than 68 degrees and no higher than 70 degrees. Well, there were times I wanted it colder and times I wanted it warmer, but the thermostat had a mind of its own…and a small mind at that.
In addition, the heat that did come in was DRY. I have never experienced such dry heat before, and I am talking about the heating, not the fact that we are in the desert. As a result, my throat was very dry when I woke up, and the sheets ripe with static cling. This hotel clearly could use a healthy dose of humidity.
Finally, the buffet was a bummer. The price is reasonable, but the selection – even for 10 bucks – leaves much to be desired. Snaps Café next door is a better bet.
There are some things you can’t complain about: The location (distant), the clientele (most older folks who should have given up smoking decades ago), and the price (decent). But no casino should drop the ball on the basic things that make a hotel stay positive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank kabbagehead
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stay here many many times a year for business. The rooms are clean and big. Nice tub too Its located across an iHop and a Walmart so you can stock up your room fridge. The rates are very good. Pool is so so. This is the best hotel to stay in vegas for the money and the quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: Get a room with a king bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BosLegal83
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

What the other reviewers said are true - smokey lobby, smoky rooms and many elderly in the casino. Though there was a smell of smoke, the rooms are clean and new, price is great. But works against the hotel most is the location. It's pretty far from the strip, about 20 min drive. For a first-timer in Vegas, I'll recommend staying somewhere on the strip. Driving to the strip can be a confusing thing, especially the parking. For those very familar with Vegas and don't mind the smokey smell, then this hotel is definitely value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family