“Poor Check-in Staff” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
dam914
“Poor Check-in Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is nice and quite new.....but I had there one of my worst experience at the check-in that I had in Vegas for many years. I was the only client at this time. First a very cold "hello" and a non friendly "ID and credit" without a please..... after 10 min without a word, the guy gave me 2 keys and that's it... so I asked what type of room it was, answer: 2queens. I request a king, answer: " No more available", can I switch tomorrow to a king room, answer "try tomorrow".
How to have the feeling to bother a receptionist with basic questions.
Please Eastside Cannery casino hires a competent and a friendly staff.
Damien

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank dam914

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wahoo, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have not been to Las Vegas for over a decade so did not know what to expect in an off the strip hotel. We stayed at the Eastside Cannery Casino-Hotel. The rooms were great - we stayed on the 13th floor - which I know many hotels do not use in their numbering - it has never bothered me as I have used it on my uniform numbers. The rooms were great - full length windows, high ceilings, small fridge, No micro wave, large bathroom,as well as a large sink and counter outside the bathroom. Flat screen TV with plenty of stations including HD. The Buffet was very good and looked fresh each time we attended. We did eat at Snaps - small restraurant - food was very good - we had fish and chips and a seafood pasta. We heard good reports from our team on the Mexican restraurant but we did not eat there. The whole place wasn't like a top strip hotel but it was a very good value and offered some advantages to being off the strip. Our team was very satisfied with food, rooms and parking. The front desk staff was great as were the vast majority of staff. No one displayed a negative attitude. Only negatives were the hot tub didn't work and having to pass through the smoke odor on your way to the elevator. Check the website for rates. http://www.eastsidecannery.com/hotel/room-rates-specials. Coupons come from the front desk.

Room Tip: Noe of our players complained about room problems
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here one weeknight in early October. We were given a choice of high or low floor and took high. We were on the top floor with a spectacular view of the Las Vegas Valley to the north.

The room was large with far higher than normal ceilings for a hotel. It lent a touch of class and a feeling of spaciousness. It was well laid out with a sort of island between the room and bathroom which served as a counter.

This property is far from the strip but if you don't know that before booking then you have no one to blame but yourself. IMO, a car is required here.

We didn't visit the pool but could see it by looking straight down from our room and it looked nice.

If the location didn't matter, I would absolutely stay here in the future. Price and value were terrific, staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sussler
Cascade, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights at Eastside. The room was very nice and modern. The maid service was good (rooms not cleaned until after noon). They have 4 restaurants and gave us coupons for son meal and gambling deals. The only negative was that the hot tub wasn't working properly. The whole pool area/hot tub arera is very nice, however.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank donandbobbi
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice smaller casino (in Las Vegas' point of view) located not close to Strip. The rooms are big and the prices are very low. But we had a chance to stay in The Orleans hotel the week before for the same price so we can compere. If you hate anonymity and if you are looking for smaller "familier" places, choose Cannery. Otherwise Orleans offers free shuttle bus to Strip - here you need to go there by your own (by car or by taxi), which takes time and money. I would really recommend the hotel managers to have one minibus as most of the people staying there wants to go the Strip.

Wifi is free (in Orleans you pay for it). Definitely it is a great value for money. I also liked very much the swimming pool (we were the only people there for almost 3 hours!) with jacuzzi.

I gave the hotel only 3 stars because of the location.

Room Tip: Higher floor are fine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chicotomas1
rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We just got back from Las Vegas and we stayed at the Eastside Cannery on a Saturday night before we went to our timeshare on Sunday. The value of this hotel was fantastic.... we paid $55 total for a Saturday night stay. I went by the internet ratings and we gave this hotel a try. We didnt get to the hotel until around 11:30 pm for our check-in so obviously it went very smooth. We went up to our room and it was immaculate. It was a good size room with two double beds with the vanity and sink outside the bathroom. The mattresses on the bed were very plush and comfortable. After we settled in, we went down to Snaps to eat and it was delicious and reasonably priced. The casino wasn't crowded at all so it was a nice quiet night. I also want to add that we had rented a car so our transportation was easy to get there. Its not near the strip just to give you an idea of its location. I think the only opportunity I could find would be having the promotions booth open a little later in order to get a points card. I highly recommend this hotel for the reasons mentioned above, but as stated earlier the cleaniness and size of the rooms are among the top wins along with the great pricing.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet with no issues. Room 1020... 10th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank prince043
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews I was intrigued as well as a little worried about staying at this place. Most rooms were booked in Las Vegas and I needed to stay for 4 nights and didn't want to pay out my whole savings if you know what I mean. I am absolutely happy I stayed here!!! Beautiful rooms. They were nice size and modern. I'm somewhat of a hotel snob when it comes to certain things but this place had it all covered for me. SUNKEN bath tubs were wonderful and floor to ceiling windows. Also great prices on room service. No more than what it would cost at a normal restaurant. The food was also tasty!! Would come here again and again. :). I loved how easy it is to get to your room from the casino unlike most hotels in Vegas. Also I told them I had a baby and they put me on the highest floor so that I could be from the smoke. Only bad experience I had was room service forgot our room one of the days.

• Stayed September 2012