“Cold as Ice”

56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Cold as Ice”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I decided to try something we could not do anywhere else...this is it! We chose the $55 each package which included a drink and use of a "fur" coat. If I was to do this again, I would probably stay with the parkas as our time in the facility was only about 20-30 minutes. Once inside you will find a main room with the bar and then three separate, themed areas. A photographer will be around to take your photos ($20 for 1, $40 for 3). You have no time limit inside, only the cold itself will decide that for you. Pretty amazing to see a location entirely made of ice, including the drink glasses you are served in.

With that said, the staff were very friendly and patient, from the front register, to the bartender to the photographer. All openly and honestly answered any questions we threw their way.

Seattle, Washington
“Don't purchase the photos”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wanted to experience this Bar. It was on our list of have-to-do's in Vegas. But found it wasn't worth the Hype or Money. We went in the afternoon and were the only ones there. WAITED and WAITED to have photos taken because besides visiting with Bartender (who was the only positive there) there was little to do except move from one out cove to another feeling silly. When we chose our pictures from the monitor and paid $40.00 for 3 they looked fine. But the quality once they printed them and we looked at them later were TERRIBLE. Poorest quality I've seen Fussy, Flat, and NOT Worth the cost. Very Disappointing...... was expecting far more for the Money. And I find that their soliciting a gratuity when paying offensive. Yes you tip the Bartender most definitely, but a cashier and photographer who was obviously trouble by our being there, I think not. Our Advise if you want to experience this go when there is a Bar Crowd and don't waste your Money on there pics

Groveland, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“unique fun way to have a drink”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

went to minus 5 at the monte carlo las vegas with my son and what a great, unique way to have a drink and mingle with wonderful people from all over the world! it really is minus 5 degrees and you drink out of a glass made of ice that's right it's solid ice. they give you parkas and gloves to wear and it was a really great time you gotta try it for the experience

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Neat but what a scam”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

First as you walk by they give u a free drink coupon to lure you in . We planned to use it the next night while there. You also see the big n cool white fury coats and hats that you get to wear inside. Upon paying we were apprised that it is an upgrade to wear the white fur coats and hats. (37$ person to 55$ per person ) further the signs reads in a manner that leads you to believe the price stated is for two people not one. It's all very sneaky how they mislead and sucker you into the whole process. Once you pay you are then informed you can not take your cell phone in , why u ask? Because they have a photographer inside to take your pic and that's the only way you can get a pic of yourself in there (another 20$-40$). Kinda of a bummer not to have any memories of the place because it is very cool! So when we paid they give you a token for a free shot never asking for the coupon for a free shot that we received the night before as we walked by. We go inside and attempt to use our coupon to get a free drink. We were told that we already got it when we were given the free token. Fair enough??? Maybe.... pretteee sneaky marketing right there. So another customer gives us a coupon she had clipped out of a magazine for a free drink. I present it and again are told I can't use it . Why? Because its not valid with other coupons. I argued I didn't use any other coupon. They said the token that I was given upon entry was a coupon even though they didn't ask for our coupon that we were lured in with the previous night. So while inside there is anatomically correct figure of a female carved in ice where you can take a shot through features on the carved ice. Oh but your free shot, your are not allowed to drink it off of the female ice sculpture you have to buy another drink !!
We stayed inside about 30 minutes and left after 127$ spent. I also upgraded my white fur hat which was an extra 10$ on top of the initial upgrade to even get to wear the white fur coats as opposed to the blue plain coats.

We did not buy the photos taken inside since we were told they would be on their web page and we could see and share them from there. Upon looking these photos are trademark stamped so they can not be shared printed or used for any practical purpose. One last "gotcha"!

It was a cool place to see inside of and experience. You do get to keep the fur hats with the upgrade package so at least there is something to show for it. It's probably a 30-40$ hat retail. Very pricey and feel cheated and scammed.

2 Thank Ranger1099
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Definitely worth going”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

A friend and I decided to go to the ice bar and see how it was, and boy am I glad we went! It was really neat inside and the drinks were quite tasty!! The seating and tables are sculpted out of ice, as well as the bar. The drink glasses were made out of ice as well, except for the shot glasses. It seems to be a little pricy to get in and to get a drink. One round of drinks for two people was $24.00, plus tip. A great one time experience overall.

Visited August 2013