“Very nice, great breakfast & service. Near convention ctr.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #107 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Breakfast - made to order & hot
Service - great
Not a slot machine to be seen in the hotel - nice.
Near convention ctr but not so near to the strip & casino's

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas

Reviewed January 10, 2009

We're HHonors members. It took awhile to get into our room. Past check in time. But when we got it was just as we asked, on a high floor and a quiet room. Nice view of the city and the mountains. The next morning our tub backed up with very unappealing matter, but the front desk staff gave us another room to shower and dress in while they took care of our bathroom issues. The housekeeping was great, the front desk staff amazing. I heard more than one knucklehead complaining over silly things and they handled each complaint with grace and diplomacy. It was New Years Eve and the place was packed with all different types.

The hotel is a typical embassy Suites with a very nice breakfast spread and atrium layout. The location is good and the front staff must have a way with the local cabbies because they show up within minutes. They even have a shuttle that they run back and forth to the strip hourly - which is not highly advertised. No charge!

We'll definitely stay here again. Great place but the staff made it fantastic!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I just returned from running a seminar at this hotel and I was very impressed with all aspects of service as well as the beautiful lobby, very well appointed meeting and sleeping rooms, the great indoor pool and the awesome full breakfast in the morning. We had some attendees just coming for the seminar and some were staying at the hotel and they were all very happy. My husband, one and four year old came with me and we stayed the weekend and I loved that we were close to the strip but in a very kid friendly, non-smoking environment. We all took the monorail and did go to the strip one day and it was a very easy walk and I didn't feel that the neighborhood was bad at all. Also, I think that the indoor pool at the hotel is the only one in Las Vegas so if you are coming in the winter with kids, having the pool, a frig and microwave in the room as well as the full breakfast makes this the only choice for me in Las Vegas...now that I have been here, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank DenverMommy
Reviewed October 21, 2008

The breakfast was great and the room was oversized and clean but the location of this hotel is less than ideal. There is no shuttle to the strip they just tell you to head down the block to catch the Monorail but the neightborhood is very scary and I wouldn't walk it at night. My vechile actually got broken into and the hotel didn't even care even though it was in their parking lot and under a light. They actually made me feel like it was my fault and have signs posted saying park at your own risk. What is that? Where else do I park? They obviously have a problem but won't do anythig about it. Now I'm stuck with a $350 bill to fix my car. Thank you Embassy Suites. Do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jmbkkb
Reviewed September 12, 2008

This Embassy Suites hotel was a peaceful and very pleasant refuge from the craziness that is Vegas. We're not big Vegas fans, which is why we chose a non gaming hotel. This Embassy Suites is very nicely decorated and kept. The pool was clean and in a very attractive setting. Happy hour was okay although they don't provide many drink choices for kids and they are not allowed to order for themselves. Breakfast was very good, nice selection. The location was a bit far from the strip however the hotel does have a shuttle service and we recomend you use it. The front desk advised us not to walk to the strip but we didn't listen, It was a big mistake, it was so hot and not a great area to be walking in. Our teenagers enjoyed having Hard Rock cafe across the street. College was not in session while we were there so I have no insight as to what effect that would have on your stay. All said we enjoyed this hotel very much and it was probably the best thing about our Vegas trip.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank EmbassyTraveler
Reviewed August 26, 2008

The Embassy suites is a lovely place to stay, the rooms are huge, we went with my 15 year old daughter. There is a bedroom with 2 queen sized beds, then a living room with a pull out sofa bed, chair, TV, fridge, microwave and kitchen area.

The breakfast was divine and is complimentary. It ranges from healthy fruit and yoghurt, cereals, bagel and muffins to eggs, sausages, bacon, waffles, pancakes....the list just goes on and on.

We walked to the strip on the first night and it took us 25 minutes (brisk walking) to the middle of the strip. The temperature was 93 degrees at 8pm at night do it wasn't a pleasant walk. There is a shuttle that is literally 5 to 10 mins walk away that takes you to the strip but it costs $5 each for every trip so can become quite expensive, al so the station inside the hotels for the shuttle, takes you at least 20 mins from going in the hotel door to getting to the station to board the shuttle, you could have walked there by then. I love walking but with the heat and humidity it wasn't pleasant.
If I go to vegas again I would probably stay somewhere ont he stip or a little closer to the strip.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning and 1 night at the end of our vacation to Zion, Bryce, Page, Sedona and Grand Canyon.

Perfect place for our family of 6-kids enjoyed a swim and although pool is small and indoors they just wanted to cool off. Breakfast included was a bonus.

Very helpful staff and clean through and through.

Good choice for off of the strip.

• Stayed: August 2008