“Great Location-Service Needs Improving”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #97 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed at this property during a business trip. I enjoyed the location because it was just far enough from the Strip that access to and from the hotel by car was relatively easy . Its also a 5 minute walk to the Las Vegas Monorail station so getting anywhere on the strip is very convenient. Rooms were clean and spacious as was the property in general.

Reception was poor. The young lady behind the front dest was very courteous and working as hard as she could. But she was alone and overwhelmed by the constantly ringing telephone and by the customers waiting to check in. This is probably why she assigned to a room that was already occupied.

The managers evening reception was bad..no other way to characterize it. It is held in the second floor bar area which is way too small to accommodate the crowd. There were a lot of people standing around trying balance hors d oeuvres in on hand and a beverage in the other.

All in all, the positives outweigh the negatives. I will go back

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Denise L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, and we appreciate the kind words. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with the managers reception.. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

nice suit room for 3 adult 1 child. good amanities, pool, business center , hot breakfast and also not expensive for the family. service could be better. location is OK , 2 blocks from monorail station. Nice to have a car if you stay at this hotel but if you don't mind walking a few blocks than you can use monorail to go to strip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank You for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Las Vegas. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The hotel was great. Very spacious, and clean which was very important to us... We had a fantastic time and i would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if your there for anything arounf the convention center... With that said is also very close to the strip...

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank You for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Las Vegas. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay and enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The managers social was crazy. I figured it would be finger food. It was Chips and Dip. And there were a lot...And I mean A LOT of kids running around in the bar area. Note to anyone that brings kids to the hotel, the Mangers Social is not a diner for your kids. Go out and feed them dont just give them chips. There is a Mc D's next door go there so they can eat.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank You for your review. I shared your feedback with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to ensure everyone enjoys the manager reception. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Overall the cleanliness and smell of my room was below satisfactory. The mold on the bread for our lunch meeting was unacceptable. There was no coffee in our meeting room, as we had paid and expected. The cleanliness of the bathroom was poor. The smell was overwhelming. After the second day the room aired out a little and the smell wasn't as bad.

1  Thank Heidi G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our your stay here. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. The condition of our suites is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service. We hope you will consider giving us another try.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed November 22, 2013

But, it could be better (see note to manager).
The suits are spacious, it has all the amenities. I like the fact that they have 2 televisions one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I will stay here again, if they can provide me with a smoke free room. In my opinion, this place could be a 4 star location with a little TLC.

NOTE TO MANAGER:

When I made my reservationI was very specific about a non-smoking room due to severe allergies.
When I checked in, I repeated my self. We had 2 suites, the first on the 6TH floor had some smell of cigaret smoke, but my niece say it was OK for them.
But, when I opened the door to my room, on the 7TH floor… there it was... that horrible smell of cigaret. I just could no stay there for one second longer. I was relocated to the 5TH floor. Lucky for my you still had a room and this one did not smell. How ever, I did notice how the carpet really needs a real vacuuming on the edges, or may be cleaning. One can really see the build up of dirt.

HERE IS WHAT I SUGGEST TO YOU:

Check each and every one of your rooms and relabel them as smoking or non smoking. This is very simple, just have one of non smoker employees help you with it and make sure you mark them in your system. It s not the receptionist fault if she gives us a room that smells, it is management.
To avoid people smoking in your rooms have the sign a form where it mention a hefty fee to clean a non smoking room from cigarette smoke. I know I have sign this forms before in other hotels and I was verbally told what I was signing. I was also told that if I was to smoke in the room, I was going to trigger the smoke alarms.

Have a person who goes around every room in the hotel with a vacuum cleaner attachment, cleaning edges only. Figure out by you personally checking every room which may need carpet cleaning or replacement.

Room Tip: If your reservation is for a non smoking room, check in early just in case you need to be relocated...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marina J

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our your stay here. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. The condition and cleanliness of our suites is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Always stay here when in Vegas for a convention. Clean, comfortable, convenient walk to the convention centers. I wish there were more close in dining options as the hotel restaurant is okay but not great.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Denise L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for the nice comments. We look forward to serving you again.