“A nice place away, but still close enough to the strip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #98 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very convenient hotel with nice breakfast (+ a custom made omelet). Near the convention center, far enough from the strip, no casino inside. Although close to the car-crowded street, it was not that loud in there and one does not feel like in Las Vegas in there. If you feel like playing, there is a complimentary hotel transport to the strip, you can take the monorail or the bus from the station at the convention center, or you can walk to the strip (not that far).

The suite was very nice and clean, with spacious rooms, TV, coffee maker, small fridge and a nice bathroom with a tub. Hotel Gym and inside/outside pool available. The receptionists were always very helpful and friendly. I had a very positive impression and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Denise L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Las Vegas. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay and enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We look forward to serving you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been a HHonors Diamond member for over a decade, and stay in 40+ Hilton properties per year. Without a doubt, this has been the biggest disappointment in 5+ years of road-warrior travelling. I have stayed in this particular property 3x prior, and I will NOT be back to this one. I was here for a convention at the Sands Expo and stayed 4 nights.

Breakfast: Be prepared for lines. The line for the omelette station can be 20 minutes (plus the the end result was not that good). The quality of the buffet line was not much better (the sausage was not warm and the scrambled eggs were only slightly better than Hampton's). There were not sufficient seating (every table was occupied), so I ate in my room two days and on a chair in the lobby once with the tray in my lap). On Saturday morning the omelette line was so long I walked the 2 blocks to McDonalds, ordered, walked back and the person ahead of me in the line had I stayed was still waiting. To avoid the lines, I recommend getting there when breakfast opens at 6am. I mentioned my disappointment to the front desk, and they shrugged their shoulders.

Reception: Be prepared for long lines here too (10 minutes to wait for free Bud Lite). There were empty trays of food when I went at 6:30. Again, I recommend going when it opens or skip it. Very little seating here too.

Room: Typical suite, but with dated and uncomfortable furniture (except for the bed that was modern and quite comfortable); I went out and bought ear plugs because the noise from the parking lot and the atrium was annoying (I was on a low floor).

Good points: no smoking, no casino games. And McDonald's is 2 blocks away (McDonalds also has sufficient seating). Convenient to the Strip and to the Convention Center (.5 to .75 mile walk).

I stayed here because it was close to the Strip and at my work per diem. Next time I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Higher rooms avoid the noise from parking lot and atrium.
2  Thank cdhysell
Denise L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

We are very sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserve during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues you experienced with most of the departments and will work with our management team to ensure this does not happen again. We understand how important a comfortable stay is while traveling and regret the problems you experienced compromised your stay. We are taking the necessary steps to remedy this issue.
Thank you for your comments and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Sincerely, Denise L

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great Breakfast! I would stay there again. The place is clean. Very good for the price. Not too far away from the Strip. Quite place, nice environment. Plus free breakfast and manager reception was a great compliment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Denise L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Las Vegas. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay and enjoyed our breakfast and managers reception. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great for families, especially if not wanting to stay in the hustle and bustle and sometimes non-child friendly climate of the Las Vegas strip. Short distance to strip and quiet for family atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

It is great to hear you had a 1st class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Arrived early and my room was ready and upgrade request granted. Nice beds and comfortable accommodations. Rooms were very clean. Shuttle took us downtown when needed and to the convention center. Very convenient. If you don't want all the casino noise and a quiet, non-smoking environment and easy access to the convention center - this is your place. Oh, the chef's for breakfast were very nice and accommodating. I was thrilled to get an egg white omelet with a smile.......... I will stay here again!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

During a recent business trip to Las Vegas, I stayed at this property because I love Embassy Suites ( the separate bedroom and the breakfast ) and got a very good rate. The Hotel is undergoing some remodeling, but this did not interfered with my stay. The property is close enough to the action in Las Vegas, but out of the way enough that you can get in and out easily.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, the breakfast was great, plenty of room to sit. The building was beautiful on the inside and the rooms were clean. This hotel is a great value for the price considering the breakfast and the evening reception. I don't know how they do it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Denise L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,