“Disappointed Stay!!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #111 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We traveled with 2 boys (10 & 7) and my brother's family also joined from Salt lake city ( with kids 8&4). We were disappointed with the place. I selected this mainly it is not a casino and away but still closer to the strip and also because we get free breakfast. With 4 kids, we wanted to stay in a convenient place. The site shows great pictures, but the actual place is kinda old. Though we asked for a non smoking rooms, the rooms smelled with smoke and the old smell. View from the room was not great. I also requested the from desk to surprise my brother with some goodies since it was his 10th anniversary. They said they will send some cheese platter and wine and chocolate, but they never did. I was very disappointed. There is no free wii-fi and you have to pay for even the news paper. The breakfast was so-so and not good. If I had known the quality would be better I would have stayed in Trump/Bellagio even though it is on the strip..The price was also not cheap. I would recommend some other place for anybody with kids and want to stay in a place that is not a casino.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LalithaJay
Rene R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank You for your eview of the opportunity with our guest room. I shared your feedback with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guest rooms. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area. Rene Ramos General Manager

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We brought a group of students here for an event. The free breakfast was important in making our decision to stay here. The breakfast was awesome (omelets made just for you), and seating was available each morning for our large group. Having happy hour each day with free drinks and appetizers was also a nice bonus. They were very generous to let us use their restaurant one evening to gather our group and bring in dinner. Rooms were clean and large. We are a family of four, so the double beds and the pull out sofa were all in use. It would have been nice to have larger beds.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Denise L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Las Vegas. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay and enjoyed our breakfast and managers reception. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you are in Vegas for a convention, this is a great location. It's 100% smoke free, which is rare in this city. It's a short walk to Terrible's Casino if you are in the mood to gamble, or you can catch the monorail to the other casinos.

Since it's off the strip, you aren't blinded by the lights and deafened by the sounds.

I'd recommend it, especially if you are here for a conference.... Hilton HHonors points are nice too, since it's part of the Hilton chain.

Room Tip: I had an accessible room, but didn't book that. If you don't want that (I didn't really...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rene R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Las Vegas. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have stayed at many Hilton properties and Embassy Suites throughout the country. Definitely an aging property, but still a decent place to stay. Rooms were dated, but beds comfortable. Breakfast was good, as they typically are at the Embassy properties. Location of this hotel is not the most desirable, but the grounds are safe enough and well kept. A pretty central location. Would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rene R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank You for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor, we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. Rene Ramos General Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at the Embassy Suites on Paradise Road March 28-April 2, 2013. I stay at this hotel every year when I visit my grandkids in Vegas. The staff is great and I love the full cooked breakfast each morning. The evening reception is great as well. You can not get a better deal at any hotel and I love Embassy Suites for this. The only complaint or problem I will mention is the hotel is outdated. It really needs a facelift. The weekends are extremely crowded for breakfast too. Other than that, it is a great place to stay in Vegas - location and value. See you next year!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thanks to all who gave reviews! Just wanted to mention that the rooms with a balcony have a extra charge per night of $5, not a big deal. However, what they call the 'bubble rooms' which are bigger rooms with a curved windows are no extra charge.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jimmy0999
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We recently stayed here for a conference and enjoyed absolutely everything. My room was cleaned every day and my housekeeper was so pleasant - I let her know that I need extra coffee and so she was sure to make sure my coffee was always stocked (by the way, DELICIOUS coffee!). The pillows are super soft and my bed was extremely comfortable. I managed to get a good nights sleep all three nights which is pretty rare when I'm traveling in hotels. Cooked omelette was delicious each morning and the chefs were so nice to us! Of course, the 2-hour happy hour was my favorite and we got to have some free drinks (beer, cocktails, wine - you choose!) and appetizers. This is a great hotel if you're looking for something away from the strip, yet still nearby if you want to check it out. Also VERY close to the convention centers!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the wider the view :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank You for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Las Vegas. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay and enjoyed our breakfast and managers reception. Thank you for your kind words regarding your suitekeeper and staff.. We look forward to serving you again.