Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #106 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here at the end of November. I was a little apprehensive because of some of the reviews I read before. But everything about this Embassy was top notch!

We had terrible flight issues and were unable to get in to Vegas until around 3:00AM. I called the hotel to inform the front desk staff that we would be late. Angee was very helpful and very pleasant in spite of all of my phone calls. Sadie checked me in and she was very welcoming and friendly.

The hotel itself was a little outdated but it was kept very well and very beautiful, especially at night. The older fashioned interior actually added to the charm of the hotel.

I was also impressed by the manager's reception and the restaurant on site. The manager's reception was kind of like a happy hour with drinks and snacks. There was a healthy assortment of snacks, which I was pleased to find. Lorena at the manager's reception was very sweet and it was a pleasure to talk to her. The restaurant was in the atrium, and it was not very busy although it was a weekend. The menu was somewhat limited, but the food was fabulous. Corrine was our server, and she was very attentive and entertaining. She had us cracking up!

I also came across a lady in housekeeping. In spite of the big language barrier, she seemed very eager to help me. I only wish I could remember her name! Everyone I came across, for that matter, had a smile on their face and said a friendly "hello." I haven't stayed at many hotels where the staff are so warm and pleasant.

The only downfall was the surrounding area. Although Embassy was just a short walk fom the monorail, the neighborhood was a little sketchy, especially at night.

I hope management knows that they have a stellar group of people working at this hotel. Keep it up! If (when) I return to Vegas, I will definitely look into this Embassy again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony. The views of Vegas and the surrounding desert are worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda37890

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I always stay at the Embassy Suites when coming to Vegas for business. There were a few things that occurred during this stay that I was not happy with. the things that I am happy with were the same as always. The staff was mostly accommodating, handled all of my UPS deliveries well, breakfast was great as usual.

The issues I had were: I was staying on the 2nd floor and a few of my staff members were in the rooms next to me. 4 rooms in a row. There was a terrible smell of Marijuana in all 4 of the rooms. Someone in the hotel was smoking and it ended up in all 4 of our rooms. The smell was intense. the maid didn't clean any of the rooms that day. We called to the front desk and the maid reported that it was hotel policy to not clean the rooms when they smell like that. this was NOT our fault and couldn't believe that in a small environment hotel like this the hotel staff did nothing about it.

the other issue was that there was mildew in the shower of my room. I asked 4 days in a row to have it cleaned as I am high allergic to it. On the 5th day it was finally cleaned. That si an unacceptable amount of time to complete that task.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan G
Rene R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

I am very sorry for the bad smell and the problems you experienced in your guest room. The service you experienced is not typical of our hotel or staff. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance. Best regards, RENE RAMOS, GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed January 15, 2013

All you would expect from a Embassy Suites. Probably one of the better breakfast set-ups. Room was clean and staff was friendly. Located close enough to the strip for convienance yet out of the main traffic.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank cu52
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here during 2013 CES show. I wanted to stay somewhere without a casino and walking distance to the LVCC. This is only a 10 minute walk (by Las Vegas standards, that's very close!) to the South Hall. The suite was nice, clean, and the bed was comfortable. T

here is a very decent breakfast that's included; you can get omelets to order, which is great. There's also a Manager's Reception every evening in the cocktail bar, perfect if you just want to have a drink after a long day on the show floor. There was complimentary bottled water in the refrigerator--thank you! My pet peeve is those places that charge you $8 for bottled water.

You are not close to the monorail station, so you'll want to take a cab to the Strip. There isn't a long line of cabs waiting, but then there isn't a long line of people waiting for the cabs. The desk staff will call the cab company for you. It worked out fine in my case.

The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed there for a week December 9-16th 2012. The first two nights we found large bugs in the room. When reported to the front desk, was told "you know this is a desert." The bathroom fan did not work at all. Even tho we reported this daily, they found nothing wrong. Some days our room did not get cleaned until 6 pm. The breakfast was excellent but the bartender was very rude for the evening happy hour. We were glad he wasn't there our last two nights! We have stayed in Embassy Suites in Minneapolis/St. Paul and they are much better!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. The service you experienced is not typical of our hotel and staff and we are sorry for any inconvenience. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider us again. Best regards, RENE RAMOS, GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Front desk needs to improve on its ability to communicate the shuttle service they offer more effectively to guests, it is by request service, which i was never informed of. My HHonors account specifically asks to be place in a spot away from the elevators, the room that I was given, 1024, was right in front of the elevators.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Denise L, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Babakati,
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Sincerly,
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over New Year's Eve. The only negative I can say is our room wasn't ready at check-in, which I wasn't happy about. The front desk staff communicated with housekeeping and tried to get our room finished quickly. Otherwise our stay was wonderful. The room was very spacious and clean. The breakfast is delicious with plenty of food options. There's no safe in the room, which I thought was odd for Vegas, but the front desk has a safety deposit box we could use.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple