Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center Las Vegas
Ranked #103 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Cologne, Germany
“2nd stay”
Reviewed October 14, 2007

Enjoyed staying at this location off the Strip last year so decided to stay again this trip with our 25 year old son. Our suite on the 7th floor would have been a little cramped with our son sleeping on the sofa bed so we asked for a larger corner suite. No problem - we were given one on the 3rd floor. It was next to the restroom for the bar, but as the bar closes at 11pm it was never a problem. The staff at this hotel are very helpful, the breakfast buffet is excellent and sets you up until the evening.

• Liked — breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — noisy aircondition
1 Thank nordicwalker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2007

We stayed at the Embassy Suites from 29 Sept to 02 Oct 2007.
We were very impressed !!
First of all, the Hotel is all non smoking, a huge bonus to us non smokers.
There is no Casino which to us was another bonus. After being out on the town for most of the day and evening it was a delight to return to the tranquil atmosphere of the hotel.
You are only a seven minute walk to the mono rail and can be on the strip in 5 minutes.
Being a relatively small hotel there were no crowds to contend with, I dont think we ever waited more than 30 seconds for an elevator !!
The suite we had (# 810) was spacious, very clean and quiet.
The staff are very efficient and polite
Breakfast is included and was delicious.
The nightly Managers cocktail party was another bonus, kudos to the staff who run the bar in such an efficient and friendly manner.
There would be no question as to where we shall stay whenever we vist Las Vegas, The Embassy Suites is truly an Oasis in the middle of such a fast paced and busy city.
Go there, you will be pleased with your decision !!

• Liked — spacious , clean and quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
3 Thank johnalice
Fresno, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2007

Booked at the Embassy Suites for a Saturday and Sunday in September. My wife and I were in Vegas to see a couple of shows but the rates for the major casino hotels were pretty outrageous, especially for Saturday. Embassy's rate ($159/night) was favorable and the Trip Advisor reviews were generally very good, so we made our reservation.

Our experience was excellent overall. The rooms are currently being updated and are very attractive. The service from the staff was top notch. The hotel is very well maintained. Embassy is just a few minutes drive from the Strip and offers a complimentary shuttle to the casinos. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Clean and Quiet
  • Disliked — Nothing
2 Thank RaisinCity
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
Reviewed September 1, 2007

This is a good location pretty close to both the Strip and downtown Las Vegas. I like the fact that there is absolutely no gambling in the hotel; it's a nice change from everywhere else in town.

The manager's reception was pretty nice, and they had some nice snack options. The area is small and can get filled pretty quickly. The breakfast was good- the omelets were great. My daughters didn't really like their muffins, though. The staff was nice and very helpful.

Our room was nice enough, but there was a little mildew around the shower. Oh, and the sink made an awful noise when turned on. Not a big deal, but I think they are getting due for a renovation.

We had room service one night, and the food was good and came pretty quickly.

Overall, it was a good value for the location and the class of hotel. We'd most likely stay again.

• Liked — The people working there
  • Disliked — The bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank catelisa48
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I stayed at this property for one night. I have not stayed at an Embassy Suites before.

The front desk person was very friendly and helpful. Parking was easy and free. My room was very big, larger than the apartment I lived in during school.

Bottled water was waiting for me in my room which was nice. The breakfast had great coffee and a popular made-to-order omlette bar.

The room is somewhat rundown which detracted from my stay. The AC was making weird banging noises for part of the night. The walls are quite thin; I could hear the telephone ringing in the next room.

Stayed August 2007
7 Thank Courtesy_Flush
Vancouver
Reviewed August 25, 2007

It's clean, it's quiet, it's smoke free. The breakfast in the morning was very good. The afternoon complementary snacks and drinks are okay. The food consists of nachos, popcorn and a snack mix. We did not eat lunch or dinner at this hotel so I cannot comment on the restaurant. The decor was a bit above the usual Embassy Suites. When I asked for early maid service they were more than happy to oblige. The wireless internet connection was very good. I was a bit surprised that there was a charge for local calls. I think it's good that there is not a slot machine or other game of chance in the building. If you want to gamble, it's not the place for you.

In the summer, it's probably advisable to have a car since the monorail station is not that close. Being from the northwest I am not used to 100F+ temperatures and I found it difficult walking in the heat. Thrifty has cheap rental cars and there is always lots of parking near or on the strip.

Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat. .

• Liked — Smoke-free
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Pocolocopadre
Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2007

I stayed here while on a business trip. My son and husband also came along. Very nice hotel. The complimentary breakfast is awesome. Nice variety and saves money on breakfast. The pool is quite small, not too big. The Manager's reception in the evening is okay, I don't drink alcohol, so it wasn't a big attraction for me. The snack was always nachos and cheese and chex mex. The hotel gets a little noisy when the reception is going on in the evening. Otherwise, it is fairly quiet. It is a nice place off the strip. Overall, I would recommend it for someone who wants to be away from all the glitz on the strip and have a nice place to stay. The internet is not free in the hotel rooms, but there are two PC's in the lobby area that can be used for free. The front desk staff seemed pretty helpful and knowlegeable too.

• Liked — good breakfast
  • Disliked — no free internet in hotel room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business