“Fiesta is a good choice”

Fiesta Rancho Hotel and Casino
Fiesta Rancho Hotel and Casino
Ranked #192 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fiesta is a good choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

If you don't want to stay on the Strip, Fiesta Rancho is an okay place when you're running a bit short of cash and want to see the sights of Vegas without breaking the bank. Spent three days here, and found it more than adequate. Staff is friendly, the room was clean, bed was comfy, nice flat screen t.v., and everything in the room was functional. The room wasn't huge but just fine. I've read some not so great reviews about this hotel but my experience was positive. Had a 5th floor room with a beautiful view of the mountains.I was there during the week, very quiet, non-smoking. (didn't smell any smoke in hallways or room). Only thing I wasn't overly happy with was the bathroom - it was small, and the vanity portion had very little counter space, so if you have a need for space or you're trying to get ready for a big night out and need an area to spread out, you might not like that. It just depends on what you are looking for. However, the bathroom was clean so no complaints there. Check in was easy with no mixups or complications. The hotel has several restaurants - Denny's, Panda Express, etc. This hotel is more of a locals type of place but it's good to keep Fiesta in mind if it suits your travel and budget needs. I would stay here again. Parking is easy, either self park or parking garage. The surrounding neighborhood isn't the most upscale, no. But it's like any other area, use common sense and you'll be fine.

Room Tip: go for the top floors, esp. the 5th...nice panoramic views, no one above you, quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank harlow55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Winston-Salem,NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

room was ok-clean- wifi did not work and couldn't get it to. We pulled in late from flight from Atlanta and just wanted a bed which was comfortable.
Free parking-it was cheap and minimal-old but fir our needs-would I stay here for several days? No.

Room Tip: Good for a stop-over
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Outlanders
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

So, I received lodging at the Rancho as part of a Travelocity package. Essentially the room and car were free when bundled with a plane ticket purchased last minute. I read the (bad) Trip Advisor reviews, so I prepared myself for the worst, but it really wasn't that bad. The check-in desk was tucked behind the sports book, but I found it quickly. It was a late check-in, so there was a sign on the desk that directed me to call security for assistance. In about 10 minutes a very nice woman pleasantly appeared, and gave me a room key. The hotel was secure, the parking lots were well lit, and while the surrounding area was a bit "shady," by using my head I felt like I was safe during my stay.

The room wasn't anything special, but the beds were clean and fresh daily, the bathroom was well equipped (with great water pressure) and the maids were very nice.

The buffet was inexpensive and offered an incredible variety. The mussels on the Italian bar were very good, and the Mongolian BBQ was excellent. And it was cheap.

The hotel attracts the locals. You don't see the BPs here that you would on the strip, but they are friendly and definitely here for fun.

So, while I wouldn't run out and encourage you to pick the Rancho over other properties in Vegas, if you said you were going there I wouldn't try to talk you out of it. It's a bargain, and if you're willing to drive, like I was, it's a decent place to base your Vegas cheapo-trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
8 Thank Lee3LasVegas
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

The people who ran the front dest, security, house-keeping and even in the Denny's at this place were extremely nice!!!! They were also very accomadating when we needed 2 rooms close to eachother. We were relocated to the 5th floor where they had just gotten all new mattresses and plasma screen tv's. The beds were good and the tv was was well, except when ever you turned it on it came on full blast. We thought maybe it was just our TV, but my mother's tv did the same. I do not suggest the buffett as it is not the greatest. It was not horrible, but not great either. There are tons of places to eat in local shopping centers from chain resturants to nice mom and pop places to eat too!

For us, the hotel served the purpose of a place to sleep as we spent most of our time with our family as my mother's brother had passed away. No one at the hotel knew this yet they treated us so kindly as if they did know.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank Petutie
New York, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

I had to stay here for 1 night. I've never been here before. I got in late and parked near the valet to run in quick to check in (which I though was parking for registration). I check in and come back out to the car 10 minutes later. Two valet attendants who were around 16-18 years old start yelling obscene words at me "f-this" and "f-that". They said I was in a fire zone (even though there were no signs). This went on for 5 mintues. I told them to buzz off and the one guy got right in my face. I pushed him away, got in the car, and drove to the parking lot. As I drove away the two kids yelled "f-you" at me. I couldn't believe two employees acted this way and went in to talk to the manger. To make a long story short, he fired both of them on the spot. They also charge you a $12/day fee ontop of the room charge for the telephone in your room and a newspaper, even if you don't use it. They don't tell you about this until you check in. I disputed the charge with my cc bank.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank carajul

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Ok, we have searched high and low for the most quality buffet at the best price in Vegas....It's kind of a fun little hobby for my wife and me. If anyone can top the Fiesta Resort's lunch buffet at$ 5.99 a person, that person would either be lying or on drugs. A.MAZING quality!!! Amazing ambience!!! Everything about this buffet, from taste to service, smokes the Rio!!!
You had better get yourself over there before one of their corporate hacks starts to examine the food costs and makes some sort of crazy adjustment.

• Stayed March 2010
8 Thank gristlefist
Tucson, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

I think it is funny that when you look at the back of the player card for the Station Casinos they do not list the Fiesta Rancho. The reason not to list this hotel is because it is the ugly step child no one wants to talk about. This hotel has no breakfast buffet but makes you eat at the Denny's which is located inside that is understaffed and extremely slow. The hotel is old and run down. I was asked every day of a 5 night stay if I was checking out by the housekeeper. My double bed room which was holding four of us went from 4 towels day one to one clean towel by day 4, even though they have signs all over that say if you leave a dirty one on the floor they will replace it and anything you leave hanging they will leave there but it was my choice, guess not because housekeeping decided the four of us only needed one towel. The room key was deactivated three times during our stay. The room was so smoke filled I checked my hand to make sure I was not smoking because I was going crazy. Be warned that a non smoking floor is more like a smoking floor just not smoke directly from you. I am sad that this hotel is part of the Station Casinos chain, I am sad I stayed here but I had no choice because of a family death and a need for a quick room. This hotel needs to be imploded and buried with the rest of the bodies in the desert. PLEASE DON'T STAY I understand the price is cheap but it is not worth the hassle you want cheap stay at a holiday inn or la quinta.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family