Hampton Inn Tropicana
Hotel Galaxy(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,367 results
All reviewsoff the stripthe shuttle driverthe breakfast areafree breakfastin n out burgerfree shuttlehot breakfastyogurthotel shuttlefront desk staffevery morningbusiness centernice pooleasy accessrental carnew york new yorkfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Wonderful staff (thank you Susan). The shuttle is great (thank you Tony). Clean rooms, comfortable beds...no smoke anywhere! The free shuttle is just a few minutes to the action on the strip. Cozy, friendly atmosphere. Breakfast buffet is everything and then some! This was my first time to Vegas....I will stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank operafanTexas
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I stay at Hampton Inn's all over the U.S. and, usually stay at Hampton Inn Tropicana six (6) or more times a year on business travels. And, this place has never let me down. The pool is awesome, the beds are comfy, service is top-notch, and the breakfast is the same as any Hampton Inn (above average). Location is ideal for business or travel, just off the strip and major highway.

To be honest, I should keep this well-kept-secret to myself and not post this review, (which will help availability on my next check-in) but, I believe the hotel deserves praise for its investment and diligence. And, after reading some of the posting below, I am appalled.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BagbyHotspringsTrail
Reviewed October 31, 2009

The pictures make this property look a little more posh than it is, but it's clean and comfortable with a great staff. I enjoyed staying here for a business trip - it was perfect for this kind of trip. It's just across the freeway from the strip and has easy access to the big hotels just by following Tropicana. It's about a mile from Palms and Rio, and is a short drive to the rental car center by following Dean Martin Dr. to Warm Springs Rd, then across the freeway - no need to drive I-15 at rush hour either.

The hotel has a small bar and lounge - convenient for unwinding right at the hotel before retiring to the room.

The room is reliably economy Hampton Inn - but is clean, well, furnished, and comfortable. I found the bed was especially good - I would give them an A+ for the bed and bedding.

Free internet, though wired, was an excellent amenity.

All-in-all, the perfect place for a business trip where affordability matters.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank hemingray55
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Great value for the price.
Renewed rooms, great bed, beatuful and clean decoration, great continental breakfast (if you wake up early) , good staff. Closer to the Strip.
I loved it!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spclassy
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Whenever I read reviews I try to keep in mind who is doing the review? Are they an experienced traveler or someone who occasionaly travels? I have traveled extensively in the US and overseas so this review is from someone who has stayed in multiple hotels and locations.

We booked this hotel through Priceline.com using the package deal - Hotel + Airfare. The price was very reasonable. The hotel has a van that picks you up at the airport; however, you have to call them and our wait was over one hour. This was the worst part of our stay.

Upon arrival, we tried to get upgraded to a better room as we were staying 15 nights. No such luck. The room itself was very spacious and except for the remote not working and the toilet not working everything was fine. Both of these issues were fixed quickly and we had no problems after the first night.

Please note that if you want a microwave and/or refrigerator, it will coast you $15 a day. So if you want to stay here for a long time, I would not recommend it. A few nights or maybe a week would be okay. The breakfast is buffet style and is good. It has a hot item, such as eggs and meat, fruits, yogurt, juice and a great assortments of breads and bagels.

They have an outdoor pool and hot tub. Both are very clean and are sufficient for the value of the hotel. The gym was excellent! Modern, good working equipment and perfect for any type of work-out: free weights and cardio.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple