“Very clean, great breakfast”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #26 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Wilmington, Delaware
“Very clean, great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week. The room was very clean and smelled good, too. I've been in many "non-smoking" rooms in Vegas that reeked of smoke. Not at this hotel. Everything about it was clean. The breakfast, included with the room, was great. We had eggs, breakfast meat, oatmeal, waffles, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal. All very good. I want to single out Keven Jackson, who worked the breakfast detail. He was helpful and friendly and made the breakfast even more pleasant.

The only negative was the AC/heater unit. It was so noisy we had to turn it off at night so we could sleep. Also, I wish they'd put a wastebasket near the desk. We had only one wastebasket, in the bathroom and we could have used another one. The hotel is off the strip, and I missed that Vegas "vibe." They say it's a 10 minute walk to the Strip but it's not a pleasant walk as you have to cross over some busy streets. We had a car so that wasn't a problem.

With any place like this that includes breakfast, be prepared for a lot of little kids running around.

1 Thank 1944Carolyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was stuck in Vegas for the night, so United put me up in this hotel. My first experience with the hotel was not great. I called the hotel to make sure they had rooms and the representative confirmed that a room was available, but said she couldn't hold it past midnight for me. Not a big problem, but a tad inconvenient. When I did check in the representative was pleasant and efficient.

The room was ok, but the bedding and fixtures are starting to show their age, especially the shower where the water control was a little finicky.

In the morning, the shuttle driver was prompt for our 6am departure, but I was surprised that breakfast service hadn't started. In fact, I wasn't sure where breakfast was to be served and neither did other guests who were sitting at the tables. There was an odd looking service area that I guessed was the breakfast area, but I found it strange that there didn't seem to be any preparations underway even though it was to have started at 6am (most hotels offering breakfast have it ready a few minutes before the scheduled time). I did appreciate that the staff had prepared sacks with a few breakfast items, but I would have preferred to select something quick on my own.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Blabbott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

The stay was for business and the room was quite nice but not the reason for the review. I am writing to compliment the staff that does the breakfast in the morning. The food for the complimentary breakfast was nice but the eggs all had cheese on them and I cold not eat them. I commented only to my business associate that I would pass and Kevin Jackson overheard my reasons. Without asking he and Maria Rodriguez prepared breakfast for me without a word said. I found this to be an unbelievable act of generosity. This is something you don't see in some 5 star hotels we stay at. I just felt they should be recognized by name and thanked. For this alone I will return to the Hampton Inn next time I'm in Las Vegas.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Chandler, AZ, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Check in was speedy. This hotel is very close to the strip. Free breakfast is a huge plus when you travel with the family. Hotel staff are courteous and will address your requirements. Hotel has plenty of parking space including shaded parking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have just returned from our stay here 30/4-10/5 and over all I would return the service was great, they supplied a wonderful breakfast included in the price.
What ever questions I asked were answered well and good advice was given,
I'd say it's about 20/30 mins stroll from the strip and a cab costs on average $10
We were in an accessible room as I am disabled, they placed a fridge in my room so I could store my drugs.
My one big disappointment came when I rang down to reception and asked them to book a cab for me, I was told by a man called Steve that he would not order a cab for me until we were in reception as if it turned up and I wasn't there it would drive off and he hung up! I was extremely upset by this as being an accessible room he knew I was disabled.
I rang back to ask again and explain my mobility issues he sounded very pissed off with me and said he would put me on hold.... He hung up on me! Now I was pissed so I rang back and when he answered I hung up on him! ( very childish I know)
We went down to reception and Steve was there and also another female receptionist,
I checked that it was Steve and when he approached me I told him that I didn't want to speak to him as he was very rude and had put the phone down on me ( which he denied) there were 8 other people waiting for cabs in reception so I don't know what his problem was, maybe he just doesn't like disabled people? .
I did report this incident to another female receptionist the next day who apologized and gave me the managers card. I didn't manage to contact her befor I left but Steve put a real downer on what was a trip to celebrate my birthday attend a wedding and celebrate a friends birthday.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize that you were disappointed in your visit and the cab situation. We continue to strive to improve our service standards and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

If you are traveling on a budget and want action, but want to save on lodging. This can be for you. It is a Hilton Hampton Inn, you have free hot breakfast here. Oatmeal with option of nuts, and raisin, sausage, scrambled egg, and boiled egg. make your own waffle. It is better than average Hampton Inn breakfast menu. Room is bit small. From my room on 6th floor, I can see Luxor hotel laser light beam, and Mandalay Bay hotel. Parking is also free. There are free shuttle bus to airport, and the strip. But I never try it. Driving from here to the strip is short block distance away. You can park your car in casino hotel on the strip, and walk from there. At the end of the day, you can drive back in and park, and have a nice sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Tony,the bartender at the Hampton, was quite congenial. This man truly understands how to run a barHe made our stay at the Hampton quite pleasant. Tony is,indeed,a model employee.Thanks Tony! Scott Pollard