1. Someone's handkerchief was found between the pillows when we were going to bed. We hope that the sheets were changed.
2. A/C was on all night even on auto set at 78. It never turned off but it did make a booming noise when it restarted even though it was still on. Weird.
3. The showerhead cover fell off.
4. There was a long hair in one of the washcloths (don't they check for this?).
5. The blowdryer handle got so hot within 5 minutes that I thought it was going to explode. Then it stopped working, even though I pushed the reset button on the GFC.
We got there a half hour before check in and they offered to hold our bags while they got a room ready. When we got back, the front desk lady asked one of the employees if he could get them for us (Maybe he was a bellboy?) and he snapped at her (in front of us) that he wasn't even clocked in. She said never mind, but he snapped back that he would get them. Wow! If he's not on the clock, then why is he up at the front?! Way to represent the hotel! We booked this hotel about a month before the trip as part of the Hilton Hhonors program. We are usually so pleased with Hilton hotels, but this time we were very disappointed. The people at the front desk were great, the lobby and bar were clean, but that's not enough reason to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Entertainment Capital of the world! The heart of the Las Vegas Strip is just 1/4 mile from our fabulous Las Vegas hotel! Hampton Inn Tropicana Hotel near I-15 is the premier choice for business, group, leisure and international travelers seeking value for their Las Vegas hotel accommodations. This Hilton Family of Brands Hotel is family-friendly hotel and is conveniently located a quarter mile (walking distance) from the excitement of the Las Vegas Strip, and just minutes away from McCarran International Airport. Forget about paying those expensive cab fares, our hotel provides Complimentary Shuttle Service to the airport and the Strip. Call when you arrive and we will come and pick you up. The shuttle runs on the hour from 5:00am to 2:00am. Guests can enjoy all that Las Vegas has to offer right from our hotel including the endless shopping, sports, gaming and live shows – you’ll find something for everyone. Great dining is also a short walk from our Las Vegas hotel. Our classy Las Vegas hotel features 322 deluxe guest rooms, including 136 doubles and 6 spacious suites, and almost 10,000 sq feet of meeting space giving guests the space they need to host a successful Las Vegas Meeting. A complimentary business center, newly renovated fitness center and beautiful pool compliment your experience at this Las Vegas hotel. Guests from all around the world appreciate our prime Las Vegas location, friendly accommodations and rewarding amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Hampton Inn Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hampton Inn