Hampton Inn Tropicana
Hotel Galaxy(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,367 results
All reviewsoff the stripthe shuttle driverthe breakfast areafree breakfastin n out burgerfree shuttlehot breakfastyogurthotel shuttlefront desk staffevery morningbusiness centernice pooleasy accessrental carnew york new yorkfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wonderful staff, very nice hotel and so close to the strip! I will return and recommend others to the hotel. Breakfast is perfect also. All amenities offered are just what I needed for my short but relaxing stay in Vegas!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Aliya C
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a great place to avoid the noise of the strip while being close enough to get there when you need to/feel like it. Its not a resort, but the staff is helpful, the beds are clean, and the rooms are (usually) quiet. Pros: free wifi, free breakfast, clean beds, free shuttle to airport/strip. Cons: Night staff can be iffy with English and the shuttle can take a while. If you're low maintenance, want to avoid casino noise, and don't mind walking, this is a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Amber W
Reviewed June 18, 2013

With the mega hotels on the Strip charging steeper and steeper weekend rates now that Americans are shrugging off the recession and flocking back to Vegas, it was an unexpected pleasure to find and stay at this hotel. With rooms and amenities essentially matching any you'd find at the "economy" (i.e., not "high roller") level in the big hotels, the Hampton is more than comfortable and convenient - it makes you look smart for finding such a good deal. Breakfast is good - no more or less than you would make for yourself at home - and there's plenty of it. Staff are obviously well-trained and intimately understand the value of good customer service. The pool is great - just wish it were open a bit later than 9 p.m.! This is VEGAS, after all... My only worry is that consistently good reviews of this place will mean the price will go up, and availability will go down. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MarcoLenuzzi
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Parking was ample. There were signs near the elevator about being careful due to car break-ins, which I assume is more of a general Las Vegas problem than a hotel problem. Wi-Fi worked well and the breakfast was very good with a large seating area. Air conditioner at night was very loud and woke me up a few times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DukePilgrim
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was staying at Bally's at a really good price from Monday night through Thursday night. I wanted to stay over the weekend but rates on the Strip go through the roof on Friday and Saturday. So, I booked the Hampton. I really like Hamptons and stay there often. But for some reason I expected this one to be kind of grungy. It is direcly across I-15 from the Excalibur.
Well I loved it. The room was well appointed. It is hard to put my finger on what struck me so well about the decor of the room but it was very nice - I stayed in room 411. The breakfast was Hampton's usual good selection but the eating area was unusually nice. The pool, which I did not use but sat by for a little while, was the big surprise. It wasn't huge but it was very nice, with a waterfall, nice seating all around, had both sunny and shady areas. Just a nice place all around. By the way, I drove my own car to Vegas and there is covered parking at the hotel and it is free and has easy direct access to the building. I also used the laundry room where everything worked (2 washers and 2 dryers) and they don't cost an arm and a leg to use.

It was near a couple of really busy streets (Tropicana and Dean Martin way) and not road noise.

By the way, it is kitty corner from the In-and-Out burger place which, if you don't have one in your town (I don't) serves and exceptional hamburger. Also, walking distance to Wendy's and McD.

Room Tip: I've actrually stayed there twice now. Had room 411 and 211 and like both of them. Neither had a nice view but I think a room with a view of the pool would probably be nice.
2  Thank dickchirko