“Wonderful stay!”

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #30 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We took one look at the Days Inn Wild Wild West across the street, where we had reservations, and immediately came here. For an extra fifty bucks, we had a beautiful, clean, quiet room and a great breakfast, not to mention peace of mind and a feeling of safety and security.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel provides everything a business traveler wants. The most comfortable beds, free no hassle wi-fi everywhere, full capacity free business room, away from the Casino's, good hearty breakfast, no slot machines, great parking spaces, what else a business traveler ask, I don't know. At the top of all my room had a beautiful view of the strip.

Room Tip: My room was at 6th floor overlooking at the strip, ask for a room overlooking the strip.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My mom and i stayed here for a short vacay unfortunately i had a back injury. Friendly and accomodating staff Shannon the bartender and Ria from front desk really cared and made me and my mom feel welcome. Not overly priced. Good hot breakfast. Clean room. I had a problem with the free shuttle it does not run on schedule but was able to pick us up at Tropicana. Overall stay was very good. We will definitely come back hopefully this Christmas!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Meg M
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked here for the first night of our trip because our flight was arriving quite late and I didn't want to drop a lot of money to stay elsewhere on a Saturday night. The outside of the hotel looks updated and nice, considering it's off the strip. The front desk clerk was the only person behind the desk and we had to wait about 4 minutes to check in. She was very friendly and explained the breakfast in the morning. The interior of the hotel has a tropical/Hawaiian feel, which is a bit corny. The rooms are updated and very adequate. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. No complaints. We had the free breakfast in the morning. It's like a buffet with fresh fruit, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, pastries, cereal, and yogurt. It's more than adequate for a free breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Overall, I had a positive stay.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had high expectations of this hotel after reading the positive reviews on here. Though I must admit that I was very underwhelmed with this property, and found it below average. Upon arrival we discovered that the pool was closed due to resurfacing, and we had to use the shuttle to their sister hotel. Ok we were only affected for one day by not having pool access but after a 11 hour flight you really want to spend your first day just chilling by the pool not on a mini van going to another properties pool. When the pool did reopen the water was freezing cold, so cold that me and my partner caught a chill. Then as the week progressed the pool suddenly got heated up and was more bearable. Housekeeping was a law to themselves. One day they didn't show up til 5:30pm when I was in the shower which was quite awkward, the housekeeping person knocked on my door saying "sorry" etc but you don't expect the room to be cleaned so late on in the day. The real disappointment with this hotel was definitely the quality of staff working on the front desk. This is where the standards really slip. Its as if they didn't have brain cells. I was waiting for a parcel to be delivered and it had been registered as being received but none of the staff knew where my parcel was in the hotel. I was staring behind the desk and could see a few parcels and when I suggested they go and look at these they did, but came back with blank expressions, it was only by the 3rd time of searching they actually found my parcel among the pile I had spotted originally. It was like they had selected staff with no intelligence at all to work on the front desk, so surely this is managements responsibility. The only positive things I can say about this hotel is the free breakfast was of a good quality, though it was a bit a of zoo sometimes at the weekend. Apart from that I would not return to this hotel neither would I recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Y_Eldar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We apologize for the inconveniences with our pool and locating your package. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just not up to the same standard that we've found at most of the Hampton's we've stayed in. Really could use some updating, especially the tub/shower areas. Probably would not stay at this particular Hampton again, although we did find the staff to be exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mizz0um0m
Leah H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room and bathroom. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on 25-27 Sept 2012. If you dont want to stay along the Las Vegas Strip in one of the BIGGIES (and their prices) then this Hampton is the place to stay. On arrival we were given a room with no view,(some rooms look out onto the adjoining wall of the building) we asked to be moved and a very helpful cheerful desk attendant moved us without any bother or problem. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool area isnt that big but has charisma and an excellent pool and small waterfall. The biggest asset of this hotel is its shuttle facility. This facility runs every hour or whenever you want it and only takes about 4 minutes to the start of the strip. If you miss the scheduled runs then just ring the hotel they come out as soon as possible. One day we missed the schedule through our own fault, management offered to provide a taxi we of course respectfully declined because it was our fault,however they still provided us with a complimentary drink at the bar. Overall the hotel is very good the staff are all cheerful and helpful. The breakfasts are complimentary and good. If we were to visit Vegas again I would definitely stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no view ie the adjoining building wall about 3 feet from your window
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple