“Impressed”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, England
Reviewed December 7, 2004

Ballys, Las Vegas

Travelled from London on 28 November, stayed at Ballys for 4 nights. First time at this hotel and was suitably impressed after having been worried by some of the very negative reviews I read on this site! On arrival specifically asked for North Tower room and was given one, didn't have to pay any upgrade fee. Room was large and very comfortable. Only real downside is that rooms don't have coffee or even minibars and certainly wasn't using the bottled water at $4.50 a bottlle! Bathroom was good although water pressure could have been better. Room was kept immaculately clean by person serving that section of floor. Casino was ok but preferred the one in Paris. Tried the Big Kitchen once for breakfast and found it very good, also very impressed by the live music every night in the Indigo Lounge - we generally stopped off for a drink here on our way back from wherever we had had dinner. All in all would recommend to friends as good value for money and a marvellous location on the strip.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (18,928)

Reviewed December 6, 2004

We returned from a trip to Las Vegas. We were in Vegas from November 26 - 29, 2004! I thought Bally's was great! The first night were were upgraded to a suite, and it was beautiful with two separate vanities, a separate toilet and bidet room, and a huge jacuzzi tub. I did not check in at the airport (although I would have liked to!) because they said the computers were down at the airport (for Bally's only), and could not check us in. We arrived in the evening, and literally walked right up to the check in counter so we were glad to have no wait. After the first night in a suite, we stayed in a room for the next two nights in the North tower (which are the remodeled rooms) and our view was of the south end of the strip, including the Stratosphere and the mountains beyond. The room was fantastic too! I have no idea what the rooms in the South Tower (which have the partial view of the strip) look like, but I would bet that anyone who didn't like Bally's stayed there.
We ate twice in the coffee shop (the name escapes me now) and both times the food was excellent. The casino was nice, big, and not smoky at all. My hubby enjoyed the poker room, and best of all (for us anyway!) it was smoke free. The indoor walkway to Paris is terrific for those cold desert nights in the winter.

I've previously stayed at Excalibur (which is okay) and Bellagio. Bally's isn't as glamourous as Bellagio, but it's a good price for a great hotel!
We would definitely stay there again, and hope to make Vegas an annual trip!

3  Thank Sherri D
Reviewed December 4, 2004

Just returned home from a 2 nite trip to Ballys. After much decision making and reading...we decided to stay at Ballys. Really, the pictures they show on the internet of the rooms are untruthful. Our room was dreadful...looked like an old holiday inn or something....nothing special and very, very, old. The buffet was expensive for the quality, and my son and I spent most of the rest of the day in the bathrooms! No restaraunts to just get a quick/cheap bite to eat at all. Check in was pretty long.....I think we had a new person or something...I mean our reservations were made months in advance...but no rooms had been assigned when we got there...it took forever for him to figure it out. Also....extra charges for everything...even if you have a phone card for the phone...nuts. Overall, our group did okay in the casino..won some money...but had alot more fun across the street at Barbary Coast. All in all...it was just okay...will find somewhere else to stay next time.

1  Thank Cookie&JC
Reviewed November 29, 2004

This was our third time staying at Ballys and we got a great room with a view of the strip. They had a crib for us too. We love the big rooms and extra cheap price (69.00) per night. We stayed from 11/21 to 11/29. We love the location too, right in the middle of the strip.

2  Thank Makemineadouble
Reviewed November 28, 2004

We stayed at Bally's recently and I highly recommend it. It's clean. The rooms are a good size. The staff is friendly. The food in the cafe is excellent. I can't say anything negative about the place. It's also centrally located which is good if you're going to walk to all of the other casinos. I just wish we had eaten in the steakhouse. Next time! Oh, and the pool is nice too.

2  Thank kanadian45
baltimore, md
Reviewed November 28, 2004

i stayed at the bally's the week of 11/21/04 thru 11/24/04. when we got to the hotel room we say a flyer stating they had a problem with a gastro virgus going areound and please make sure to wash hands to help keep it under control.

to late. i was sick as 2 dogs on thanksgiving and the whole weekend. don't you think i should be given something for such a bad experience. 2nd of all i would have thought that since the travel agent asked it if was a special occassion or not and i said if was michael's birthday he would have had a bottle of wine, cheese, fruit basket or something from the hotel.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
CLEVELAND, OH
Reviewed November 28, 2004

I was in Vagas from Oct. 29-Nov1. I stayed in a palor suite (ROOM 1776 AND 1776A). There were four in my group and we needed the extra space. The room was nice, however for $325. per night there were some disappointments. The refrigerator was not cold (even after we turned the temperature up to the max), there was no microwave oven, no coffee, no complementary newspaper, and there was a charge of $1.25 for a local phone call. There was an additional charge for everything, including using the room safe which was $3.00 per day. Since there is never a discount of the suites, I thought it was overpriced for the lack of conveniences. I enjoyed there casino, there was live entertainment nightly. The staff at the checkin desk was nice. "Sidney" at the conncection desk was nice and helpful, however, others were just OK. Not too friendly. Overall, Ballys was a nice hotel, but on my next trip to Vegas, I'll do more research and will probably choose another hotel where I can get the most for the money that I was spending.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member