“middle of the strip, in front of Bellagio”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #73 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“middle of the strip, in front of Bellagio”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The check in was easy, no line and the lady was very nice, we checked in at about 9pm. Our room on 24th (diamond floor, I think) was clean, specious and quiet. Flat screen tv. Nice view, not the strip, but still nice-caesars palace, flamingo, ferris wheel. Ressort fee was$20., total fee we paid was snout $61.and we liked it a lot. I wish the water preassure would be a little bit more stronger, but maybe because of 24th floor. Also, the internet is not via wi-fi, but via ethernet cable, which would be ok for the laptop, but not for my tablet, I had to use my cellphone data plan to check in for southwest flight. But overall the experience was very positive, will definately stay in Bally's again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vimonty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,287)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Carriere, Mississippi
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is an older property with a fabulous location. We stayed in a Celebrity Suite. Which had a dining room, ( with 8 chairs) 1 and a 1/2 baths. a jacuzzi, a steam room, a bar with 6 chairs, a living room. and an additional room with a ballet bar...Totally over the top. I liked the vibe old Vegas rat pack.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2014

During a recent stay, I found the charges at Bally's hotel totally unbelievable. We received comp room only to be charged for a resort fe, while most have this silly charge now. That great resort fee then gets you an Internet connection but only one device. We were traveling with kids and having only one device is completely absurd. Any extra connection cost $16.99 per day - really??? We also had an interesting ride in an elevator where my 10 year old son had been excited and was jumping in the elevator. The elevator stopped and we had to be gotten out of the elevator. Then instead of apologizing, then in turn charged me $200 fee for getting us out. I very much dislike the management at this hotel and will never stay at this hotel again.

While I believe the location is good, the service and management at this particular hotel is awful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Travel4FunWithStyle
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

You can't ask for a better location, right in the heart of the strip at Flamingo Road, across from the Bellagio Fountains, connected to Paris.

The hotel's geometry places it in the Old School category. In many regards it is dated to the point of verging on retro. The entrance should either be bulldozed and brought into the new millennium or, preferably, resurrected to it's earlier neon glory. The Rat Pack theme in many parts of the hotel, with all due respect to Dean, Frank and Sammy, is a bit dated and should be rethought in 2014.

We had friends staying at the Paris in a room at least 20% smaller and 25% more expensive. With the current goofy Las Vegas pricing happening at all the resorts, our 4 nights ranged in price from $39 to $89 (December 10, 2013). Overall, it was a great value and great stay.

Would I stay again? No. But only because we intend to stay at as many hotels as possible on the strip over the next few years. Nothing at all wrong with the Bally. But it's just one of many great places that make Vegas Vegas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geoqwest
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

After waiting 40 minutes to check into a room my husband and I got into a room that was disgusting!!!! We had book a King Deluxe room that was suppose to be newly renovated and that was far from what we received. The night stands be badly scuffed, the vinyl was pealing off the walls, the vinyl had stuff splattered all over them especially by the trash cans, the desk had a dark top that had crusty stuff on it, the mirrors had water marks all over them, and the room was so noisey. When I called down to the front desk I was told that I did receive the King Deluxe room and it was one of the newly renovated rooms, but if I wanted to move rooms I would need to move to a 2 queen bed room. After not getting anywhere on the phone I went downstairs to the desk to get the new rooms keys and asked to talk to the manager. I showed the manager the pictures that I had just taken of the crusty substance on the desk, the stuff that was splattered all over the walls, water marks all over the mirrors, the extremely stained sitting chair in the room and the black stains on the sheets. When the manager came over to talk to me he brushed off the pictures (the ones that are attached with this review) like it didn't mean anything and told the girl at the front desk to move me into a different room. The manager then told me that "We are moving you into a upgraded room so you should be happy now." I wasn't looking for a upgraded room I just wanted a room that fell under the same desciption of what I had booked and an apology, but that was apparently to much to ask for. When my husband and I got into the new room I walked over to the curtains to close them and the shears were torn and there were stains all over the curtains. The sheets were at least clean but I didn't get the feeling that this was a room that I would want to take my shoes off in. The bathroom faucets were really tarnished and the cold water handle was leaking, but I didn't call down to complain because my husband and I had an event to be at in 30 minutes and I had to get ready. Later that night around 11pm when we were trying to fall asleep a jackhammer was being used in a construction site across the street. Construction the next morning which started at 4am. I didn't sleep. This is the second time our event has been held at Bally's and NEVER again will I ever go to another event at Bally's. You just can't trust your room will be cleaned!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Carrie C
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.
melbourne victoria
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bally is in the thick of everything, it is close to the busiest part of the strip where people go and see the Bellagio fountains. It is an old hotel but maintained quite well but the only drawback was the length of walking to get from one place to the other. Service was OK but check in and check out was a bit slow. There is an open connection to Paris where you can also park your car. Over all it was a mad 3 days trying to cram everything shopping,watching shows and just people watching.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Enjoyed our clean and spacious room at Bally's. The location is one of the best on the strip.
We will stay there again. The front desk clerk went out of her way to change our reservation at another hotel, so we could stay there for the last night. I was very impressed with her prompt action so we didn't have to pack up and move for only one night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple