“Needs Cleaning up”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #77 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed at Balley’s for years and during our recent visit, we noticed its showing its years. Whether it’s lack of maintenance or neglect this will be our last stay. It started with a long wait to check in with only 4 check in stations open. The hotel general area needs a real cleaning. Seems there were many staff wiping things down but nothing looked clean. The gaming area is getting old. Having stayed here many times, we have not seen any improvements in years. Our room was in the north tower and again the room was okay but very dated. We wanted a room high up facing the strip but even thou we made our reservations months ago we ended up in a very low floor. The walkways to and from the strip were not working during our entire trip. Not to mention the entrance way was not well maintained. Las Vegas is a town of spectacular sights; unfortunately, the entrance to Balley’s is not one of them, as least not anymore….

So we are looking for new digs for our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R N
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

192Rn, We apologize for your disappointment in our product on your last visit. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. We have shared your comments with our Hotel Operations Management to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We only stayed one night arriving late and it was mid week so we were lucky to get a recently renovated room overlooking the 2/3 Eiffel tower…beautiful room and spectacular view (south tower, south facing). We moved into the Paris next day to sync up with friends, but next time we would just stay at Bally's(assuming we get the new room)

--centrally located on the strip
--Casino was ok, not as beautiful as the higher end hotels
--food court offered very reasonably priced food and short walk you were into the Paris hotel.
--would definitely return if we could be guaranteed a renovated room
--pool was closed when we were there, perhaps this is a seasonal occurrence. We were allowed to use the the pool at the Paris.
-- Beds were very comfortable, not too hard... just right :)

Didn't stay long enough to comment on room service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loungelizardOttawa
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is not the most flashy or the biggest hotel with all the bells and whistles you see at some of the other hotels on the strip but it's the best value on the strip!
I have stayed here a few times over the years and I do so because the price is right,the beds are comfortable and the location is awesome. Some of the rooms are in need of upgrades but they are clean and well maintained.
Bally's is attached to the Paris hotel so you can enjoy it without paying the high room rates. Lots of restaurants to chose from. I would advise you buy 1 breakfast sandwich for 2 people.They are HUGE!Across the street is the Bellagio and the wonderful dancing fountains.Ceasar's Palace and the Mirage down the street.The shuttle train runs right there so for a minimal cost you can travel up and down the strip.
If you are on a budget or you want to spend your money on something other than your hotel room try this place.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms high floor for the view. A room with the view of the strip if you want t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Helenecarmelle
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hotel Casino floor is small enough that my wife can fine me,other casinos on the strip are enormous and almost impossible to find someone.
Centrally located on the strip all the big casinos within walking distance.
Rooms are great ,just refurbushed.Been to Vegas at lest 30 to 40 times stayed at many Hotels Ballys is my first choice for all the reasons above .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zimmko
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We flew to Vegas for a wedding, And we were trying to save money as best we could. A third party website had a great deal on a package we booked with them. The wedding couple also booked at Ballys directly. When we checked in we were upset with the lack of cleanliness, and substanadard amenities our room small and dated and we discovered filthy carpets and torn wallpaper. We were willing to overlook these short comings because we recieved such a great deal. We then visited our friends room and it was bigger and immaculate. maybe more than a coincedence that they paid full price and we booked on a third party website. My major concern was on our first night I awoke with bites/welts on my legs and back. I called to inform the guest service people and I was told they couldn't move us and would have security document it???? I stripped the bed and slept my usual (2 las vegas hours) In the morning I asked to speak to a manager and a young lady named Melissa mis-handled my complaint with stern "No I can't help you I won't even adjust the $15 resort fee, but I will give you and you roomate a $35 food credit. I informed her I was not satisfied and she pretty much said thats the best she can do. Our last day we decided to use the credit at the resorts small sandwich shop after we orderd the food and told the cashier about the food credit she said she sees the credit but is unable to honor it until I give her a credit card she can post a incidental hold on $500. Furios I called the front desk, A young man answerd the phone (I think his name was John, but was hard to understand) He said that the policy is to have a credit card so if when we go over our food credit they have secured payment and that cash was an un acceptable method of payment. I lost my mind and became irate. I would not recomend Ballys to my ememy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Robert M, thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. We are disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us directly at: http://czr.bz/148UP5y at your earliest convenience to resolve this matter.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Was in Las Vegas November 7 - 10 for a conference and the conference put me in the new Jubilee Tower at Bally's. I hadn't stayed at Bally's for years and it certainly has changed! (for the better!!!) Check in was a breeze as we had arrived on a Thursday afternoon. Front counter was semi busy but not too bad. I was advised that we had been placed in the new Jubilee Tower and it was completely redone.
The Tower is located right on the strip and it was an easy walk to the elevators. Up to the 61st floor (not really the 61st, but to listed as such since there is another tower and they just continue the floors up from there in the Jubilee Tower. Once we got off the elevator, I was amazed at how nice the hall was, this certainly didn't look like the old Bally's. We arrived at the door and walked into a squeaky clean king bedded room that looked toward Paris Las Vegas and the strip south. The Strip view was magnificent, but in the Jubilee Tower I think that every room has a strip view since it perpendicular to the strip and the building itself goes right up to the sidewalk!
The room is totally remodeled front stem to stern. They added some nice touches like plenty of outlets for plugging in electronics. We are a two cell phone, two Ipad and one work laptop family and there were outlets galore! One each on the lamps on the bedside tables and on the desk is a data center with outlets. There was also a very accessible wall outlet. Plenty of hangers in the good sized closet that made my two changes of clothes each day easy to hang up! The closet doors are mirrored so great for the final check before heading out for the day or evening.
The bed was very comfortable, pillow top and the dressings were clean and comfortable as well. We switched the comforter for the blanket that was in the closet (the comforter was just a little heavy as summer really isn't over yet in Las Vegas). The cleaning staff recognized what we did this and made up the bed each night with the blanket instead of the comforter! Thanks for recognizing your customers preference there!
Another pleasant surprise was a fridge in the room as well as a safe (in a drawer in one of the night stands - I didn't find that until my second day in...) Also, the lighting while being new style was bright enough that one lamp could light the whole room and not make it look like a dim lit cave. So many places put in such low wattage bulbs, they are really not enough light (especially when trying to iron in the evening!)
The bathroom is also redone and very nice with a single but large modern sink and a double sized shower stall (no tub). They even included a foot shelf in the corner of the shower to make drying easier. (Or for the ladies it would help when shaving the legs.) Lighting in the bathroom was well placed and also bright making shaving without shadows a breeze.
The Casino has also been updated while not being completely redone like the rooms. Carpet is looking good as well as signage helping you find your way around. The shopping mall downstairs appears to be in the throes of being redone. They have opened a new food court to offer some more affordable options for dining. Unfortunately, I had my meals taken care of by the conference and was not able to review any food outlets at Bally's this go around. But I will say, I did indulge in my favorite Pizza in Las Vegas that is located in the indoor walkway between Bally's and Paris. They serve up excellent pizza and two slices with a drink is just over $10.00 (the slices are already double sized!)
On Thursday night, we were treated to Veronic in the Jubilee showroom. She is an impersonator of female singers and does many voices extremely well. Given that she is French Canadian like Celine Dion, she was spot one when impersonating Celine! Great show and not super expensive like other shows on the strip...A definite thumbs up!
Overall, as I had mentioned, I had not been to Bally's in several years and I was very pleasantly surprised by the improvements made! The location really can't be beat!

Room Tip: Jubilee Tower is the place to stay. Located right on the strip every room has a strip view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kizchris
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Location is the No# 1 reason why you would like to stay in this Hotel.
It's right on the strip and any Casino from here is just 10-50 min walking distance. You will come out and will be greeted with wonderful Bellagio fountain.

You will find long queues at the Check in Check Out Counters.
Queue in the morning for breakfast ( at Java Cafe ) is really looooong !

Rooms are ok, You have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Toilets are Big and spacious.
But net net you will get the feeling that hotel is not maintained really well. They have cut corners on almost everything.

One more important point to note , this hotel may look like a cheap deal on most website but in reality its not. You need to pay a $30 as hotel facility charge to use facilities in the hotel like Swimming pool etc. Internet is $14 Per day.
I have stayed in MGM Grand previously and I felt that its a much better property to stay at the same price.
After loosing money is almost all casinos , I finally won in Bally's Casino so for me it was the lucky Hotel in Vegas ! :-)

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors in the north tower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo