“Pleasure vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Pleasure vacation”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We always stay at Ballys. It feels just like home. Location is excellent. Pleasing environment. Casino is lively, especially at night. Rooms are larger than most. We always stay in the north tower as it is peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,194)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Bally's in Las Vegas is the place to be !! Ideal location . I just loved my room !! The young lady that checked us in was very nice and friendly. She was fast and even got a free upgrade to the Diamond Room 16 floor. The hotel is Huge and Gorgeous. Our view was very nice saw the strip and Bellagio and other Hotels from our view. The rooms are cleaned every day and we had no problems. This is my second time staying there and I would do it all over again. The Casino has lot's of slots and I love the way how you can walk over to the Paris Hotel and Casino from Bally's. The live band that played at nights while we were there was really good. That Band is amazing !!! Loved my trip. It pays to get a Total rewards Card and play the slots you get Offers to stay at the Hotel that you would not get when you book on those other travel sites.The 5 nights we stayed, our total bill was only $84.00. 5 days Imagine that !!! Total Rewards Rocks !!!

Room Tip: Always take the virtual tour on the Hotel sites. Look at the rooms. It is exactly how the original r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juttie1923
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent! Could hardly wait to try the newly remodeled rooms at the Jubilee! The Blu pool was awesome and the spa experience was so relaxing! Excellent entertainment and great customer service! Glad I had the opportunity to stay at Bally's!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank LuvTotalRewards
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is located on the strip in a convenient location. It is easily accessible to the bus and the monorail. The line to check-in needs to have a sign that states from this point you have this much longer to wait because the staff is slow. I was almost in line for 45 minutes trying to check in. Of course, it is a country mile from the front desk to your room. The classic room is dated with antique hotel furniture probably popular in the 80s, but it was clean.

Room Tip: Don't get a classic room.
Green Features: I was there on business and was not made aware of this activity. I didn't see anything posted in the lobby or throughout the hotel so their practice was not advertised during my stay. The staff did not promote the practice or mention it as an added value for the environment.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I arrived at the property around 2:30 on a Thursday; the Total Rewards Platinum line was empty, so check in was quick and easy. I had a North Tower room comped; a nominal charge landed me a renovated Jubilee/South Tower room on the 3rd floor from the top. It's worth noting that the Bally's representative was willing to comp me a rollaway bed as there was a third person added to our room at the last minute. I already had a great feeling about this stay because the staffer was so kind, engaging, and helpful. That wasn't always the case at Bally's; perhaps customer service has been emphasized of late?

The room (7124, third floor from the top) was plenty big with more than enough room for the rollaway bed. The bathroom was spacious with a roomy standup shower (no tub). The beds were a little firm, but I always feel guilty for saying that. My bed is the softest available Tempurpedic, so I think almost all beds are too firm. In reality, it was probably medium-firm at most. We had a great view looking north up the Strip. That view will only be enhanced, I'm sure, when The Linq project is completed next year.

Staff throughout the property was friendlier than ever before. This included dealers, restaurant servers, and bartenders. One even asked about my shirt, which read, "Provincialism: The Cultural Pandemic". That turned out to be a nice conversation starter. In the past, Bally's employees were often indifferent. It was great to see that's no longer true.

If you stay here, you're in an optimal location and (in the Jubilee Tower) a very fresh and modern room. Great access to the pricey stuff across the street as well as the middle-class venues on your own side of the Strip. For the price, I'm not sure you can do better.

Room Tip: Jubilee Tower, high floor, far away from the elevator to minimize foot traffic issues.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FlyingToast
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at Bally's Las Vegas. The check in process was very slow. The room was cheap, about $40 bucks for a Thursday night before a fight weekend. I was given a smoking room, or a room that smelled of smoke, when I requested a non-smoking room. Bed was comfy, poor water pressure. First time in the last 3 years I saw a tube TV in the room. Since this was my first time in Vegas I thought the Casino was impressive at first, but after spending the next two nights at Caesar's Palace, the casino turned out to be very lacking. But at the end of the day you get what you pay for,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lubanskir07
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
lubanskir07, thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.
Michigan
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was our first time in Vegas. We were a little overwhelmed. Lex at check-in was great. She upgraded our room for us. It was a very clean, spacious room. Everything you would need is within walking distance. The tour desk was able to help us book a tour that we thought was booked. Very good for us since we only had one full day in Vegas. We were in a non smoking room, but at night did get smoke smells. But then again you are in a casino hotel. Everyone was very pleasant and easy to work with. Not sure why AAA only gives it a two black diamond. I feel it is way better then that. Cant beat the price we got. Our view was good. No complaints from us. Overall great stay. Will be returning soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple