Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #82 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My room was ok. I really liked the MGM better. The sheets let off onto my clothing so my black pants looked white. The service was great. The décor was not that nice as compared to other casinos. I spend more money to stay at Bally than MGM and I liked the MGM way better. You could only use on device for the wireless internet or get charged. I found that to be pain because I wanted to use my I-Pad and laptop. Not a great choice for a business trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katey B
Write a ReviewReviews (18,968)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at this Bally's for the first time mid August 2013. I have stayed in Vegas at many other hotels. Our room was 1744 in what I believe is the N. Tower.(walk past check in to the back of the hotel) We had a nice view of the pool and partial airport view.
The room was 2 queen beds and was very spacious. The bathroom was also very roomy.
There is a floor or floors that pets can stay at this hotel. Saw several dogs in the lobby.
We lounged by the pool one day and had lunch & drinks.(pricey drinks) Liked the pool, it had music playing, but not so loud that you could not carry on a conversation with your fellow roomies.(a plus in my book)There are some tennis courts out by the pool area.To get to the pool you need to walk past the food court and some shops.
Nosh and Java Coast(walk up casual eating places) were always jammed in the morning. I ended up at the Sidewalk cafe (sit down) for breakfast. They had regular menu and i participated in the breakfast buffet, which was good, but did not include the drink. Approximately $13.00 for the buffet.
There is a food court in the hotel that has Johnny Rockets, Subway,Nathan's, & I think an Asian place.
Bally's connects inside the casino area to Paris hotel and their shops.
Had a good stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Phoenixreviewer
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband was here on business and I came along for a vacation with a friend. The rooms were very clean and the staff was always friendly. We stayed for a week. We went to the Pool and the atmosphere was great. The DJ played some great music. We were out there from about noon to 5pm. We did some gambling and everyone was very polite and friendly. Every day housekeeping would clean our room in a timely manner. I was very impressed with the service of all the staff. I will definitely be coming again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Christina R
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The room was extremely clean as we were the first people to stay in the room in the newly renovated tower. The lamp on the wall got extremely hot as there was no on/off switch. Needs another chair so we could eat at desk together and not hold on lap on couch. No coffee table. Had to wait over 2 hours to get in room which was surprising as all the rooms were ready to go on Sept. 1 and we arrived Sept. 2. Another couple, we met in the elevator said they waited over 3 hours and were not happy. The room was nice and clean but nothing special but who stays in a room in Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary281040
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been to Vegas numerous times. This was our second stay at Bally's. It is extremely good value for money. The Tequila Bar and Grill is good for cheap drinks, whilst Sully's Bar is in the middle of the action. The live groups in the Indigo Lounge are good and there can be very good entertainment on the dance floor later in the evening. The hotel is situated in the centre of the "strip" and the monorail has a station close to the pool entrance giving easy access to visit most of the main hotels. We will shortly be planning our next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the north tower.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 4DennisG
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my third trip to Las Vegas where I attended the SOE Live convention (previously known as SOE Fanfaire).

On this trip I started my stay and spent most of the time at Planet Hollywood which gave me a good comparison of the two hotels. Both were good quality, although Planet Hollywood was a little relentless rock music while Ballys was more classical in its styling, with more calming colours and styling.

I booked a luxury classic room in the north tower (which used to be the premium tower, now the South is), going for the more expensive room seemed to just give me a room higher up although the view wasn't anything special, but I didn't hear anything from the street level.

My first room was clean, tidy and in good condition, however I did hear softly some music being played next door where I think several guys were. Since this seemed like a recipe for a potential bad nights sleep if they were the sort to carry on into the night, I went back down to the reception and reported that I found the room too noisy. While I expected to have to make a case she immediately just looked for a nearby room (to minimise the distance I needed to travel with my luggage) and booked me into it, fortunately this room was quiet (as have been all my rooms for my three stays).

So I cannot fault the service, the food in hotel is excellent and I would recommend anyone to try the Sea restuarant (Thai food), while the sidewalk cafe offered a good breakfast for a reasonable price (the spice market buffet breakfast in Planet Hollywood was better, but 20 dollars instead of 13).

Room Tip: I do not think there are bad rooms now in this hotel, the south tower used to be the "classic&q...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Murfalad
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Huge rooms! booked two rooms which both had 2 huge double beds in them. Location is perfect, right in the middle of the strip making it easy to walk either way up and down the strip. Opposite the Bellagio. Really good value stay even in August. Luckily the air con worked a treat as it was 42 degrees c outside! windows get very hot! Nice family pool area and selection of shops and cafes downstairs. Ate in the grill bar in the casino. Biggest sandwiches ever! lovely service. Recommend!!!

Room Tip: get as high as possible for best view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family