“Great price. for a nice place and best location”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #77 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed it Bally's Aug 5th- 7th, it was my second time this year, I just love to stay there because everyting is close by, had family and friends from Europe evevry one said it was nice clean and very very comfi, only thing was not very nice was the pool, dirty ,greacy line above the water line, and pool side was pretty rough paint and also the cement was broken. did not looks good , so can some one see too it that its get cleaned and repaired sooooooooon. thanks, VIVA LAS VEGAS/ BALLY'S. See you soon, liz. P. s. TO travel guy 72 let's meet next time. ?

Room Tip: North Towers are the best,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a very delayed flight due to technical problems but eventually got there! Quick check in and lovely room, clean and spacious. Slept comfortably. Good facilities. Close to everything we wanted to see to experience Las Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SueLambeth2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall stay great, nightly price definitely great, and nothing beats the location in the very heart of The Strip, makes it comfortable to walk north (Venetian, TI, Wynn) and south (Planet Hollywood, MGM, Cosmopolitan/Aria) even in 100+ degree weather. Tunnel through the Paris very convenient and cute. To my delight we were assigned a North wing renovated room despite the late check-in on Friday night at about 8:30pm. Spacious room and comfortable bed + pillows provide a real good night's sleep. A bit of noise from hallway seeped into room, nothing major that prevented us from getting sleep. WiFi didn't work; we ended up using 4G / LTE and didn't care much about it, but for the purpose of this review I thought I'd mention it.

We visited their pool deliberately late around 6pm to ensure a quieter atmosphere and hopefully some lounge chairs for us to lie on (during the day it's absolutely packed). Noticed some plastic bags inside the pool but attendants promptly took care of these and also re-organized the entire area for next day's use. We secured a day bed -- the cover really needs a deep clean or even a replacement right away. Lots of stains, rips, some bird dropping, and it just looked completely worn out. All that said, 6pm visit to the pool proved to be quite peaceful.

The reason for my "Average" rating is their choice of bath soap which has a horrible effect on my skin. After the first night it turned our skin overly dry and itchy, and after our visit to the pool the combination of chlorine and the soap created such a horrible effect -- my skin turned scaly. Even now my hands are still scaly. Regardless of how much lotion (of my own) I applied, my skin remained dry and itchy. I communicated this concern via email to customer service prior to posting this review, so hopefully someone will take notice and replace their amenities pronto. Lots of hotels today provide soap or bath gel with moisturizing agents. Neither my husband or I ever had any issue like this at different places we've stayed at (and some of them much less well-known than Bally's).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ange_babyblue
Reviewed August 12, 2013

You can't beat the location on central strip and across from Bellagio. My sister stayed at Bellagio but I didn't want to spend the extra money. I got a great price with Delta Vacations. I checked into the hotel and they upgraded me to a suite for $25. The room was HUGE but a little outdated, but that's okay for the price. I wasn't hanging in the room. Location Location Location and Ballys and the price worked for me! Everyone was friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FitzFamily1028
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We arrived early in the morning and were warmly greeted at the Check in counter by Joey. The high standard of customer service he provided us with got our trip started on the right foot. In all the travel we've done, we have never been treated with so much joy and respect at check in. Joey took the time to answer our questions, made sure our room accommodations were correct etc. He treated us like we were the most important customers of the day. I've read others reviews for this property and I have to wonder if the other family citing a "great gentleman" that checked them in was Joey. First impressions make a HUGE difference in just about everything. Joey did that for us. The rest of the stay went great from there. We had a beautiful room, great service, nice interactions at the casino. We were interested in learning a new game. They dealer took the time to teach us and the "boss", assured we learned what we wanted. The restaurant staff during breakfast buffet were warm and friendly. Everyone we came in contact with working at Balley's appeared to treat the customers well.The location of this property is also a "Best seller".....right in the middle of everything. The price is right.This is our 4th stay here and we will definitely return again this year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kat20132013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed for a spur of the moment trip for the weekend for a great price! I stayed in a king room in the North Tower on the 16th floor. Check-in was quick and friendly by Anthony. I CHOSE to pay an extra $10 to check in (I believe it's $20 before noon). This is standard in Vegas, people, Bally's isn't cheap or dirty in this regard. There is a daily resort fee that is well-publicized everywhere (and most all Vegas hotels have one). This gives internet access (that worked flawlessly during my stay), use of the gym, and use of the spa for only $4 (used to be $22). Everyone there was very nice-the TR staff, casino workers, pool staff, etc. I hit a huge bonus on the Willy Wonka machine and a slot attendant who was close by came over to congratulate/celebrate with me. My room was very clean and done in a timely manner (between 10 and noon when I was at the pool!). Each day I enjoyed my blueberry scone and iced mocha from the Java place in the lobby, played a few slots, and enjoyed the pool. I was always able to find a chair and the pool atmosphere is very relaxing and enjoyable. Other hotels I've found it hard to get a chair/good spot, etc, but never at Blu Pol. It was a really relaxing and enjoyable weekend, which is exactly what I was looking for. Yes, some of the decor is outdated and they need some cosmetic upgrades. But the beds and bedding are new and comfortable, it is always clean as a whistle, service is good, AC works well, it is relatively quiet, and a great location. If you complain about an ugly carpet while in Vegas, go to the Wyyn or Cosmo and pay $300+ a night. Bally's is a good-enough hotel that gives good service. And the "long walk" others complained about is really no different/worse than the other hotels, despite needing a fresh coat of paint and some new landscaping. I personally didn't mind the non-working people mover. And don't ride the escalator up and then come down, just go out the front door folks! I feel like some of the other reviewers' complaints are petty or based on their own high standards, but Bally's is a solid hotel, though admittedly not a "luxury" hotel. If you want that, go to Aria, Caesar's, Bellagio, etc., though be prepared to pay a lot extra. I've stayed at Aria and it's posh, but sometimes I don't wanna shell out the bucks for that. Bally's casino is much better than Aria, in my opinion. And they are doing renos-they had signs around saying their Classic rooms have all been updated, as mine was, though admittedly not super fancy or modern, but upgraded nonetheless. Thanks, Bally's, for another great vacation.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelGuy72
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at the end of July, and we arrived late so we were the only ones checking in. Virginia at check-in was fantastic; she was extremely friendly and upgraded our room at no charge! We were on the 25th floor of the north tower and had a decent view of the city and mountains. The room was spacious, clean and in great condition. We had a king size bed which was quite comfortable and lots of good pillows. The a/c worked great the whole time. The bathroom was large with plenty of towels and other amenities. There was a coffee maker in the room too, and when we wanted more coffee we left a note with the tip for the maid, and she left us extra. Housekeeping was quick and good.
The pool was very nice; there were many chairs available, as well as umbrellas for those needing a break from the sun. There was sun all day long in the pool area, no big buildings blocking it. My only gripe is the blatant gouging at the bar/grill at the pool, $15 for one single pina colada! And all the drinks were in that range. That is 'laughing in your face robbery'!
There is a breakfast buffet in Bally's for only $12 per person. It is very good and great service in there! We didn't get a chance to try the other restaurants in Bally's though.
The casino there is your typical casino; drink service was usually fairly quick. My husband felt that there could have been more blackjack and roulette tables. The slots were always working (unlike in Paris where they had rows taped off, and lots of them).
There is a free shuttle that goes to the Rio every half hour; very nice and huge casino there, as well as wonderful service.
Across the street from the food court (Johnny Rockets) entrance, there is a convenience store that sells cheap everything...cigarettes, liquor, water.
Overall Bally's is a great choice; right in the middle of all the action and great service from all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple