“5 Night Stay At Bally's Las Vegas”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #83 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband & I just returned from a 5 night stay at Bally's Las Vegas. This was our first time staying at this hotel. I would say our stay was average. Check-in was 4PM. Our flight was early so we arrived at the hotel by 10AM. I had been told prior if a room was available we could check-in if we pay an early check-in fee. That fee is $25 before 12PM & $15 from 12PM - 3PM. First I will say the woman checking us in was not very pleasant as she didn't even say hello or welcome us there. Our reservation was made for the South Tower. We were offered an upgrade to the newer renovated North Tower for an additional $10 a night. We declined. The South Tower is the older tower but is said to have better views of the strip. I asked the woman if that was true and she said yes, so that is the main reason we kept our original reservation. We had also requested when making our reservation online a non-smoking king room on a high floor which I mentioned to her. I do understand these are only requests and not guaranteed, but I also do appreciate honesty. I am assuming no rooms were available because there was no offer to check us in early. We were given a room number and told to pick up our keys at 3PM or after. We left our luggage at the bell desk until we could check-in. The employees there were pleasant & very accommodating. We left the hotel about 10:30AM to get breakfast & do a little sightseeing. Around 2:45PM we decided to check back with the hotel to see if possibly our room was ready. We saw a different person at the check-in desk. This man was a lot more friendlier. We told him we were just checking to see if our room was ready & would be more than happy to pay the early the check-in fee just to get in the room. Our original room was not ready so he offered us an upgrade to the North Tower. I again mentioned about a better view in the South Tower. Now we were told that tower was being renovated and the room previously assigned to us was on a the 5th floor & we would not see anything anyway. Point is.. the first woman should have told us that especially when I asked that the first time and it had been a request. To me that's where the honesty should have come in. We didn't make a big deal out if it but just said we wished we had been told that originally. The man said he would put us in the North Tower without charging us the additional $10 nightly charge but we did pay the $15 early check-in fee. The North Tower rooms are closer to restaurants and the North lobby to access the tour & shuttle busses. We were pleasantly surprised with the room. The view was definitely NOT what we hoped for as it overlooked the construction at the old Bill's Gamblin Hall. We could see the side of the Flamingo and the top of one of Caesar's towers. So much for a view. We did get a king non-smoking room on the 8th floor. The hugh room was very nice and very clean. Housecleaning people were very pleasant as they acknowledged us every time we saw them. I had read reviews that the food court was closed. There are 3 restaurants open there, Subway, Nathans & Johnny Rockets. We ate at Nathan's & Subway. Both good for a quick breakfast. The outside of the hotel could definitely use some fixing up. Other reviewers were right...the people movers going from the hotel to the strip do not work & it is quite dirty looking. It's a long walk so it should be fixed & cleaned up to accommodate their customers. We didn't play a lot in the casino as I found it more smoky than in others. I may have missed it but walking around I could not find a non-smoking area. We did access the monorail which is also a long walk, but that is the same in the other casinos. I cannot review the pool as we didn't have time to use it. For what we paid for the 5 nights I would say it was an average OK stay. Another plus for us was we booked prior to March 1 so we didn't have to pay the new resort fee. We go to Vegas every year. I'm not saying we wouldn't stay at Bally's again since the room was nice and location is good, but now that Caesars Entertainment charges resort fees we would probably just go back to Mirage where ALL employees are very pleasant and the hotel is beautiful inside & out.

4  Thank bvmlr
Write a ReviewReviews (18,680)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Still such good value for being in the center of the strip, and they are trying to update things to stay current. Stayed in the North tower so the room was clean and comfortable. Really wish they had mini fridges in the room, but that was only minor complaint.

Other notes:
New Veronic show is really good, check it out if you have a chance.
I will agree with what other reviews have said, the drink service is really slow.
There is construction going on next door, and you will hear it. If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: North Tower has the newly renovated rooms. Also, the elevator will go right down to the level that y...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sleepy_nate
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I arrived late on a Tuesday night and was quickly checked in. Was given a room on 23rd floor North Tower. The room was exactly as advertised. Comfortable bed. Basic bath. Clean. My view was of the construction of the old Bill's Gambling Hall, but noise levels weren't too bad.
Even though these rooms were renovated, they are again starting to show their age. But overall not bad.
I think the casino here is one of the worst on the strip. Really isn't all the big. Never seemed to have the excitement level of other strip casinos. I just chose to go to other places. The food court in the back of the hotel is a JOKE!! $10.79 for a hot dog!!! Prices were outrageous!! Their Cafe only serves breakfast and lunch.
I would stay here again for the cost and comfort, but during the day I would go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank mndavet
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I read a lot of the reviews and was nervous when I booked. I decided to book because it was a great rate and per the reviews, I couldn't go wrond with the North Tower. Check in was great (it didn't take too long). My room in the North Tower was very clean and pretty nice. I think the reviews that talk about the dirty escalators are exagerated. We enjoyed the Tequila Bar! I think if I can find a good deal, I would stay at Bally's again.

1  Thank allaboutjuanita
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Yes, we're talking about Bally's. The rooms are comfortable and the views will depend on the tower you're in. The room size is usually about 450 sq ft, which is just fine. After all, how much time are you really going to stay in your room. They have combined bath tub/showers and their shower curtains do pass the test of not allowing water to splash out on to the floor. The room is fine with a nice desk and a sufficient number of electrical outlets for charging electronics and for using my laptop. I guess the only thing that was missing was a refrigerator. Many hotels are charging extra for refrigerators now. There is no mini-bar, which is just fine. The bed was comfortable and the view for this 21st floor room in the north tower was quite nice. Bear in mind that the south tower has rooms facing the strip, but these rooms are not up-to-date. I'm told that this will soon change. One thing that's somewhat unusual for Strip hotels is that the north tower is along Flamingo Rd. You can hear traffic noise from your room, but with the AC running, as it is at least 6-months out of the year, you'll hardly notice. Right now, it's early July. Construction or rather, de-construction is happening across Flamingo Road at what used to be Bill's (and formerly the Barbary Coast). During the day, you can hear some of that too, but all in all, I enjoyed staying at Bally's. Perhaps if they had a parking garage which was attached to the hotel, it would make it even better. Even though I've stayed here many times, I still remember a little over 30 years ago when this was then the MGM Grand. 85 people were lost in a fire. With me, none of this can be forgotten. It does not deter me from staying here. So much has changed and improved since then. If that's what's holding you back, don't let it!

Room Tip: If the view of the strip is what you're really looking for, take a room in the south tower. In a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Charles P
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my third visit to Bally's and my opinion still has not changed. I had a great King room in the North Tower, excellent mattress, slept soundly, room was very clean. Yes, there is the South Tower that people either really love or really hate, but if you book your room based on reading these reviews, you'll know how you'd rather spend your money for accommodations. I prefer to have an upgraded room, but that is just MY choice. Many people choose the South Tower for the view and price. Customer service was top notch in every area that we came upon. Everyone was friendly and helpful. You just can't beat the location to be right in the thick of the strip, easy walking to most anywhere. Give it a try sometime....I know I will the next time I visit Vegas!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank supur38
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at ballys two years ago.This year when we got there they(caesars)now charge a resort fee. They also put a hold on your credit card of 100 dollers per day spent there.They cant seem able to fix the non moving sidewalk or it is just shut off.Ballys is not as clean as it used to be.The money is all going to linq and quad i guess.We will not be going back again

Room Tip: go to the north tower and higher floors
2  Thank coach20