“Nice stay, staff was really nice”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #82 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Bally's Hotel and Casino was a nice place to stay, but it was expensive during our visit. The rooms were spacious, but we paid the $20/night to upgrade to the North Tower. Not sure what rooms would have looked like in the South Tower. Our room was an updated room with a flat screen tv, although we weren't in the room much. The water pressure was bad, that is a pet peeve of mine. The room as fairly quiet, the first night we could hear the room next door partying but they quieted down at a decent hour. Enjoyed eating at "Tequilia", good happy hour - $2 frozen margaritas and $2 tacos. The nachos are HUGE! The spa services are really expensive - $3/minute for massages!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Terri G
Write a ReviewReviews (19,164)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and myself spent 5 nights in Bally's in May and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We stayed in a very well appointed room on the 26th floor in the north tower - very clean and quiet, and with a great view towards the Venetian.

Our only complaints were:
no free wifi
the moving walkway from the strip didn't work for the duration of our stay.

Apart from that we were very comfortable. And I must say, as non-smokers, we didn't find the much criticised casino too smoky.

All in all, I would thoroughly recommend Ballys - a decent, relatively inexpensive hotel in a fabulous location. We will return!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Geo-0131
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Awesome Place to stay.... reasonable, clean and great service....right in the middle of strips and close to shopping and all attractions...
Just needed to add coffee machines to every room will be great for all guests....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shefali P
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My girlfriends got a great deal for a two night in Vegas bridesmaid type trip in mid June 2013 and we stayed at Ballys. Very centrally located in the center of the strip. Check in was very long. Our preferences were not accounted for but heck it was very reasonable as most Vegas hotels are. The hotel is worn, it is tired looking especially the rooms. One of the groups rooms had vomit on the floor and had to get it serviced immediately which they did. Showers and bath were old and rooms seemed ancient and not overly clean. We didn't have time to go eat one night so got room service...it was very good and prompt. Easy pedway over to Ceasars and casino staff were exceptionally convenient.

If you are looking for a little Vegas glitz and a cleaner more up-to-date spot, go somewhere else and spend the extra $20-75 a night. It was my friends first time to Vegas and although they were good hearted about the condition of the hotel, I was embarrassed. Also the pool area was unclean :(.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same...no indication of 'recently renovated rooms'
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NB_NovaScotia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We traveled to Vegas at the end of September 2012 and stayed for 4 nights. I went with my boyfriend and his parents. This was my first trip to Vegas.

Overall, I thought it was good. The location was awesome. The a/c was really good in the rooms, so good in fact that we had to turn it down, we ended up getting too cold at night.
We had 2 rooms, and when we got there we managed to get them right across the hall from each other, it was perfect. Check-in was a little slow, and there were not a lot of people ahead of us. Not a big deal to me though.
We loved how we were pretty much in the middle of the strip. One day we could go one way, the other day, the other way. It worked out perfect.

We found that Bally's is fairly outdated, and the pool atmosphere is lacking, for us anyways. My boyfriends parents loved it because it was quiet and not very busy, relaxing. My boyfriend and I however, felt like we were missing something. A good crowd, some music maybe.
We found the rooms were clean. Not much to say there. Just your typical hotel. We were only in our rooms to sleep, get changed and shower. Either then that we were out on the strip or else catching some shows. Also, I'm pretty sure you had to pay extra for the wi-fi, and I don't think it was really good in the rooms. Again, not a big deal as we were barely there.

We realized we were spending more time at other hotels then our own. Bally's didn't have any shows on at the time. We never received any coupons or show discounts from Bally's either. We ended up buying all of our show tickets at those ticket boxes all down the strip with the red signs. If you go out in the morning, you can get tickets for shows that night, and for cheap. We were able to check out Mystere for half off!

My boyfriend and I are heading to Vegas again at the end of August, staying at the Luxor this time though.
Booked through Red Tag, travelled from Edmonton, AB, Canada.
I would recommend this hotel if you get it on a deal/discount.

Room Tip: Book Bally's if it is on a deal/discount. I don't think it is worth paying full price for.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Justine H
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed in the Roman Room at Bally's for two nights in May while attending an industry trade show. I was quite disappointed with my stay.

There was nothing that stood out. Rather I experienced a few issues though none of them was huge or earth shattering.
- There was no coffee machine in the room
- The steam iron leaked water every now and then
- The quality of toiletries was very ordinary
- My biggest gripe was with the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi was a pain to get working every time. It would take a lot of effort and of course, I had to pay for it. The resort fee was added to the room that covered the Wi-Fi. It wouldn't connect automatically and took 5-10 min to identify. This is how Wi-Fi was in the early 2000s. Not in 2013.
- The fitness center is open 6am to 6pm. Can you believe that? How is someone supposed to exercise, shower, eat breakfast and reach office in time? Or come back from work and then exercise? First fitness center that isn't open at 5am or open till 8pm. Wow! Also, for a hotel with 2800 rooms, they had 3 working treadmills and 3 broken ones. 6 treadmills for ~5000 guests? What a joke. The whole fitness was a farce.
- Check-in took more than 15 min and check-out was quick because their system was down.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone because of Wi-Fi problems and the fitness center being open only during the day time with little equipment.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank agaurav
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Flamingo 3 times and the Harrah's once. Bally's was better then both of them. When we go back to Vegas next year we will be staying at Bally's!! Two Thumbs way up!
Tequila Bar on the first floor is a 5 star!! We loved it!! Great food and drink prices. The pool was nice and so was the staff. We got a free upgrade room. The best part its attached to the Paris so its like staying in both hotels!! Bally's we will be back. The only thing that went wrong. I think I may have seen a Ghost at one of the slot machines. No joke. lol

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple