“Good size rooms and just enough”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #79 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This isn't the most glamorous place on the strip But it has a decent sports book and casino. I wouldn't stay here with my fiance' but with friends it is pretty perfect. Much bigger rooms than average on the strip and perfect location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JW1311

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at Bally's because the trade show we were attending was here and I find it's always more convenient to stay on site. Bally's is definitely one of older properties but you can't beat the location. The air filtration system needs to be upgraded; we found the smell of cigarette smoke almost too much to handle anywhere on the main floor. I was very pleased with our room although it had a few cosmetic issues (things like dings on the wall, caulking that needed to be redone on the vanity and the finish on the top of one side table starting to wear through) it was clean, quite large and very comfortable. All of the staff we encountered were more than friendly and very helpful. If it weren't for the smoke I'd be giving Bally's an Excellent rating rather than just very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Liketotrvl
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Bally's were good. Big room, nice facilities, professional staff and excellent location (being on The Strip). I recommend it for the medium fliers that would like to be in-amongst it. Not sure what else to say to use up the necessary 200 characters...

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pete T
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed five nights- March18-23rd. I had received an email offer to upgrade to the North tower for $10/night and I elected to do so after reading many of the reviews about the South tower. We had a short wait in the check in line, maybe five minutes. The clerk was very nice and was able to give us a room with a view and near the elevator as requested.

The room: On the 15th floor facing the north. The room was nice sized and was clean. Yes, the carpet was dated but did not appear dirty. The bathroom was clean, no problems with the water pressure. The room has a safe but there is a $3/day fee. Elevators are fast and we never had to wait for one.

The casino: It is dated and smells of smoke. Drink service was adequate. Nice to see security people around the casino. The moving walkway to the Strip is still not working.

Dining selection is slim. Food is over priced. No coffee in the room and it is over priced in the casino.

I would stay here again if I had a conference here, but if it was just for vacation I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PhyllisP830
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is about 30 or more years old , it connects inside with the Paris Hotel. I stayed in both and according to them we were in the new tower. But is run down yes, is less expensive and the rooms are bigger than the Paris. The rooms are clean but they need to be renew the curtains, the carpets. Etc.... The location of this two hotels are great they are in the middle of everything. But the two nights at the Paris were just great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maritza G
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am presently staying at Bally's for a conference and having a very subpar experience with the staff. My check-in was easy but every other experience with the staff has been frustrating and poor.
I had a wake-up call set for my conference (at which I also am sitting for an exam for certification) that was never made this morning, so I definitely do not recommend relying on the wake-up call. I was late for my exam and the whole purpose of my (very expensive) trip could have been ruined. When I called this afternoon to ask why I didn't receive the call, I was told that the call was made, even though it definitely was not. After my conference this afternoon I wanted to go to the gym, but there are no signs or maps in the hotel room to show where it is. So I called the front desk and sat on hold for over 10 minutes for someone to simply pick up so that I could ask where the gym is. I was so annoyed with the wait time and with my wake-up call experience this morning that I asked to speak with a manager. A manager named Sunquat (not sure of spelling) answered and I explained my experiences. He quickly apologized and gave me directions to the gym, thanked me, and hung up. I dressed for the gym and walked down to the area that he described and saw no signs for a gym. I asked an employee at the spa where the gym is and she said it is within the spa but it was closed, it closes at 6pm! The manager made no note of this on the phone! I went (in person) to the front desk and requested the manager. Sunquat came to speak with me and said, "you just asked where the gym was, I didn't know you were going now." I expressed my frustration, he apologized but seemed less than sympathetic. He also told me that he spoke with the wake-up call dept who told him that any unanswered wake up call gets a knock on the door from security (that definitely did not happen, either). "For my troubles", he gave me a $25 food and beverage credit to my room (which will cover about a ham sandwich and a diet coke in this place). I have also learned by reading the other reviews on yelp here that the gym is not free/included!? This was also definitely not mentioned by the manager!!
I will be discussing these issues with the administrators of my conference and highly recommending that they find a new location for our conference next year, otherwise I will not be attending.
I cannot help but think that if I were a man in an expensive suit, instead of a young woman in workout clothes, that I would have been taken more seriously.
I am giving 1 star for the size of the room (in the north tower), although the wallpaper is peeling off the walls, and there are no outlets near the bed to charge my electronics.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank alexis p
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Best thing about this hotel is its central strip location. Hotels surrounding it are the Bellagio, Caesar's Palace, Flamingo, Paris. It was quite pricey when we bought it since it was Spring Break and March Madness combined. But on any other weekend, this would be a cheap alternative to all the other strip hotels.
Be aware that there is a $17 per day resort fee, so make sure to make use of the amenities to make the most bang for your buck. Parking is free and is shared with Paris hotel.
We did get a south tower hotel room, which had a partial view of the Bellagio's fountains and Caesar's palace. It is a very basic hotel, a good choice if you just plan on staying a night or two and plan on being out most of the time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends