“Wife BDay”

Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #82 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at Bally's had five rooms lady at reception gave us upgrade very nice of her because she new we were celebrating wife's bday so she got all of us on same floor also. rooms big bed were ok very close to everything did not have to move car once. We were walking distance to Bellagio, Planet Hollywod, Cosmopolitan , and other casisnos. We had one draw back hallways always had room service trays out all day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (18,928)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Ballys location is the heart of the strip! the rooms in the south tower are getting a little dated,but clean & have fantastic views of the strip! who hangs out in the room anyways ..right? Its vegas. Ballys connects to Paris & Bellegio is right across the street.Rooms in the north tower are nicer ,but south tower has a better veiw.we could see the fountains of bellegio from our room.If you are looking to save on a room and a great location this is the best on the strip. The staff is freindly & I will diffenently stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dwfussu
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Las Vegas is something everyone should experience at least once. Bally's is centrally located on the strip, across from Caesars and Bellagio and connected to Paris. That is a big factor in its favor, and the pricing is good there. All of the staff were very observant of the visitors to make the stay enjoyable. The greeting concierge, the check-in staff, even the housekeeping employee washing the glass doors, all greeted us with a smile and a welcome.

Our king bed room in the North Tower was quite spacious, with a view of the parking garage across the street (though who comes for the view?). Upholstery was a bit faded on the furniture, but everything was clean and neat. When a lightbulb in the room wasn't working when we arrived, we told the housekeeper and she immediately got it replaced.

We stayed there for a conference and it was too bad they didn't have free wifi in the hotel, although many hotels don't offer this amenity so you can't fault Bally's for charging too. Most guests probably have service through their devices anyway.

The casino is very standard, nothing at all special that I noticed. The smoking allowed in the casino is a big negative to me. It hits you right when you walk in the lobby (though the nonsmoking hotel rooms were just fine).

It is nice that Bally's is connected via a shopping walkway to Paris. It doubles the facilities available without having to go outside in bad weather.

Pool was closed for the season and renovations while we were there. Guests were invited to use the Paris pool, but who wants to go that far? No exercise facilities in the hotel. Or, I should say, for $25 you could use the equipment at the spa. Thanks, not at that price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kkraus
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was terrible! When we first checked in the desk clerk was very unfriendly. Then our room was musty smelling, the bed was very hard, the toilet backed up 3 times, the safe was broken and the first day they never cleaned our room! I had to call and ask housekeeping to clean our room every morning at 9 am. I have stayed at a lot of hotel in Vegas and this was the worst!! We were very disappointed and I will advise you to choose a better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L0riann
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Centrally located and decent clean rooms. This is my go to hotel when I have comped rooms on the strip. Restaurant options could be better and their rooms could be upgraded, but who goes to Vegas to sit in the room? Staff is very friendly also and the Las Vegas Monorail stops in the back of hotel. If you are looking for fancy... go some place else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Bally's often has decent deals and is a good value for the price. Some of the rooms are a bit outdated; others have been renovated. A good location at least and decent meal opportunities. If price is an issue, I would consider it.

Room Tip: North tower is nicer than the south tower.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I checked in Sunday the 23rd and out the 25th. I stayed the previous night at the Flamingo. This was my 22nd Vegas trip, but first time I stayed at Bally's. What a nice place. We had a low room, 6th floor I think. No view, but it was free. No complaints.

I only slept here, but spent Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning at the pool. I was so impressed that it was clean, pleasant, sunny, and actually deep so you could swim. The pool has alcoves cut in so you can sit in the water and enjoy your drink comfortably. I invited a childhood friend who works at Metro. His first visit was the same impression I got. Beautiful pool and nice room.

While there is a limited food menu during the week, the staff was pleasant and the sandwiches were fresh. Drinks are cold, and the slow pace is excellent for some guests. Overall, the room was in great condition. It reminded me of the Bally's Atlantic City when they kept the place up. I would stay at Bally's again without thinking twice. While the crowd is older, the location, price, and quality is well worth it.

Also, Bally's has an excellent box office that allowed me to purchase Penn and Teller tickets and print them there in leiu of traveling to the Rio. That's convienent indeed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends